KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » God of War (2018)

God of War (2018)
Started by: dika123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

If I admitted I'm a compulsive liar, would that still require spoiler tags because you can't believe me when I admit I'm just making shite up? smile

If there really is a new game plus with new bosses, I may get a PS4 just for that.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2018 12:06 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Well, let’s just be apprehensive and not potentially ruin anything. thumb up

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 21st, 2018 12:10 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Don't see the point in getting this game. It's basically a movie, so you might as well save your money and watch a playthrough on YouTube.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 03:44 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astner
Don't see the point in getting this game. It's basically a movie, so you might as well save your money and watch a playthrough on YouTube.

Said the guy who hasn’t even played the game.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 02:25 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Really really liking this game. Combat keeps getting more and more engaging as the game goes.

And man are the visuals good. I find myself just standing somewhere looking at the environments and colors.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 08:31 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I just completed Alfheim.

Man, those Dark Elves were viscoous, even on just regular mode. I had to equip three sockets just to reduce damage. I’m still not 100% adjusted to combat and need to practice more.

Also, Atreus is a little smart ass.

Loving this game.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 09:23 AM
BackFire

That area was brilliant. I'm a few hours past it now, the game keeps improving.

Love the relationship between Kratos and Atreus, too. It's funny and oddly sweet.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 07:45 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I’m stuck in the heart of the mountain at the rope/claw puzzle.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 09:02 PM
BackFire

Did that part last night. Just keep wandering around, you'll find some stuff.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 09:23 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Impediment
The bosses in this game will be significantly smaller, but that’s not a turn off for me. After all, this game is a soft reboot and is going in a new direction.

You'll eventually run into a [SPOILER - highlight to read]: dragon that is closer in size to the bosses from the old God of War games. And...it...is...epic!

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 03:37 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Said the guy who hasn’t even played the game.

I just don't see a reason to buy a game that essentially plays like a movie. Because once finished there's no reason to return to it.

Other than that there's just the gameplay and the puzzles, and puzzles too have no replay value—unless you're suffering from Alzheimer's.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 03:15 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Astner
I just don't see a reason to buy a game that essentially plays like a movie. Because once finished there's no reason to return to it.

Other than that there's just the gameplay and the puzzles, and puzzles too have no replay value—unless you're suffering from Alzheimer's.

Yeah it's not like anyone replays single player games for the sake of reliving the moments. Also, bite me.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 09:48 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

In a moment of total arrogance, I thought I'd try and play through this on the maximum difficulty.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 05:50 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Astner speaks for everyone who plays video games. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 05:01 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

To the game's praise though, the developers get a lot of Nordic Mythology right.

Most surprisingly they know that Mjönir looks like this.

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Astner speaks for everyone who plays video games.

I speak for myself.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 03:00 PM
BackFire

I finished the main story last night.

The game is deserving of all the praise it's getting and then some. It is exceptionally well made and excels in just about every aspect of development and design. The combat is constantly satisfying an entertaining, the sidequests are well written and give good little tidbits of story to further flesh out the world, the puzzles are a perfect combination of thoughtful yet simple and easy to grasp. Exploration is extremely rewarding. Graphics and sound are the best of this generation. And the story is powerful and funny and moving. This is a top 3 game for this generation for me and far and away the best game in the God of War series. Outstanding stuff. Can't wait for the follow up. Still have more side content to do, and am looking forward to it.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 08:05 PM
RadZoa

Finished it this morning, now I'm hunting the Valkyrie, this game is a miracle, not only the story, the characters, the writing, the combat and gameplay, but the game is a technical and artistic marvel, truly a top 5 Game of the gen

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 11:39 PM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 09:51 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

This game is amazing. Loving every second of it.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 04:52 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I'm finally finished with this game. I platinumed it earlier tonight. First PS4 game I've platinumed (aside from a couple of TellTale games, but those don't count). Had an absolute blast with it the whole way through. Was such a refreshing change from all the open world games as service style releases that have really come to define this generation. Story was great and moving, combat never gets old. Graphics are the best of the generation. World is fun and rewarding to explore. The side content was challenging and exciting. Just a great game. One of the best of the generation, easy.

Old Post May 11th, 2018 08:50 AM