KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » God of War (2018)

God of War (2018)
Started by: dika123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CosmicComet

cory saying every myth exists at the same time is...weird.

so for example, is this world still flat like the greek games? with atlas holding it up still?

the world got flooded in gow3, will they explain how that flooding was reversed?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2016 01:51 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dika123
unstoppable force

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CosmicComet

so for example, is this world still flat like the greek games? with atlas holding it up still?

the world got flooded in gow3, will they explain how that flooding was reversed?

perhaps there are another universe ? that would make gow series is multiverse ?

and also in gow verse the world is not flat. i think you already know this.

lol poor atlas, i almost forget about him.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2016 03:32 PM
dika123 is currently offline Click here to Send dika123 a Private Message Find more posts by dika123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Not for me. Having watched a lot of Xena with the same idea of gods of every pantheon sharing the same world has me used to that.

quote:

Probably divine intervention from the other gods.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 16th, 2016 at 08:53 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2016 08:45 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

There's been plenty of shows/games/comics where multiple pantheons exist all at once. In fact it's more rare for their to only be a single pantheon in a universe than it is multiple ones, unless the game is focused solely on that. Like Too Human focusing on Norse gods because you are a Norse God.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2016 11:29 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Yes, and its always annoying when that happens, because then you have multiple origin stories that conflict with each other.

I mean, Helios is the Sun God. The Norse mythology has one of those too. Who could possibly take priority over the other if they exist in the same world?

Are there all of a sudden different *suns*? A Greek sun and a Norse sun? That would be extremely convoluted to explain.

My theory would have been so much better. When Kratos said 'there would only be chaos' in God of War 3, maybe it could have literally come to be. Chaos is the primordial which stands for life itself. (She is the red female primordial you see in Ascension's intro). Would have made more sense if Kratos inadvertently caused Chaos to come back into activity, and then she created new gods, re-shaping from the old ones, such that they eventually become what we know as the Norse pantheon.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Jun 17th, 2016 at 12:27 AM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 12:23 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dika123
unstoppable force

Yes, and its always annoying when that happens, because then you have multiple origin stories that conflict with each other.

I mean, Helios is the Sun God. The Norse mythology has one of those too. Who could possibly take priority over the other if they exist in the same world?

Are there all of a sudden different *suns*? A Greek sun and a Norse sun? That would be extremely convoluted to explain.

My theory would have been so much better. When Kratos said 'there would only be chaos' in God of War 3, maybe it could have literally come to be. Chaos is the primordial which stands for life itself. (She is the red female primordial you see in Ascension's intro). Would have made more sense if Kratos inadvertently caused Chaos to come back into activity, and then she created new gods, re-shaping from the old ones, such that they eventually become what we know as the Norse pantheon.

yeah. but every myth has creator beings. in greek myth there are primordials. the norse creator beings should different too.

greek myth cosmology also is different to norse myth cosmology

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 12:53 AM
dika123 is currently offline Click here to Send dika123 a Private Message Find more posts by dika123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

That's the point!

It's ****ing awkward to have different origins for the universe, the stars, the sun, the moon, the earth, the rain and clouds, life itself, etc all existing at the same time.

Would have been so much more elegant if the Primordials were the root cause of everything, including future patheons. Those pantheons can call the primordials something different, befitting their culture, but they'd still be the primordials.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 12:57 AM
dika123
unstoppable force

are there primordial gods still exist after the fight that created universe ?

i think uranus, chaos, and ..... i forget the last primordial but i saw in ascension opening he punch the chaos.

water primordial is only being that got destroyed.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 01:13 AM
dika123
unstoppable force

That's the point!

It's ****ing awkward to have different origins for the universe, the stars, the sun, the moon, the earth, the rain and clouds, life itself, etc all existing at the same time.

Would have been so much more elegant if the Primordials were the root cause of everything, including future patheons. Those pantheons can call the primordials something different, befitting their culture, but they'd still be the primordials.

that's good theory. smile

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 01:16 AM
dika123
unstoppable force

https://youtu.be/6wu6tSF683Q look newest interview of cory barlog.

can someone help me what is the meaning cory barlog said in 3:33 to 4:56 ?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 07:04 AM
dika123
unstoppable force

cory mentioned game from java. god of war betrayal https://twitter.com/corybarlog/stat...660157289127936

so gow betrayal is canon ? because i never see that game.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 07:06 AM
dika123
unstoppable force

yeah.. boots of hermes is officially back. cory respond it wink https://twitter.com/Codelyoko_1/sta...291557894291456

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 07:11 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They need to remake that game.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 07:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Meh. Kratos looks like Jeff Bridges in Iron Man 1 now. It's beyond stupid that they are tying him into multiple mythologies. If they really wanted to make a new God of War game set in Norse mythology, they REALLY should have just made a new protagonist. As it stands it's just dumb.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 12:25 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dika123
unstoppable force

kratos is like mario but is taken more seriously. that is how bussiness work in video game company.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 01:49 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by dika123
kratos is like mario but is taken more seriously. that is how bussiness work in video game company.
Mario built an Empire. He's infinitely more recognizable and profitable than Kratos.

Sure, Kratos is more mature but he's not really in the same league as Mario. I just think they should have made a new God to fight Thor and Odin and the like. Kratos being shoehorned in just seems ridiculous.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 03:33 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Mario built an Empire. He's infinitely more recognizable and profitable than Kratos.

Sure, Kratos is more mature but he's not really in the same league as Mario. I just think they should have made a new God to fight Thor and Odin and the like. Kratos being shoehorned in just seems ridiculous.

And Kratos is infinitely more recognisable and profitable than the random Joe you want. As it stands, you are just whining here.

Putting characters into other mythologies and universes, dumb as it can be, has been happening for a very long time.

Originally posted by dika123
https://youtu.be/6wu6tSF683Q look newest interview of cory barlog.

can someone help me what is the meaning cory barlog said in 3:33 to 4:56 ?

He is basically saying that every mythology exists at the same time, but they are confined to certain areas. Greek mythology to Greece, Norse mythology to Scandinavia, etc.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Jun 17th, 2016 at 04:22 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 04:17 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dika123
unstoppable force

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb

well developer can make kratos build his own empire.

that doesn't explain why they should change another character, same like mario, using every genre (sport, rpg, race) with mario. like i said using business perspective. if they change another character the game will not popular. no matter how good the game is.

at least sony has more exclusive game than nintendo.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 04:51 PM
Demonic Phoenix

And now this is a Sony vs. Nintendo thread. Great.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 06:47 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Can we stick to the main topic, please?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 06:48 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote