KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » God of War (2018)

God of War (2018)
Started by: dika123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
And Kratos is infinitely more recognisable and profitable than the random Joe you want. As it stands, you are just whining here.
He may be more profitable than Random Joe, but it doesn't change the fact that it would have been better.
(please log in to view the image)

Look, I understand that companies have taken big characters and worked them into different things that WORKED before; but this is just shoehorning and it doesn't work. I'm not remotely excited about this game. If it was a new character and a fresh take on the series I'd be pumped; as it stands Jeff "Kratos" Bridges isn't doing a damn thing for me.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 11:38 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

And Kratos is infinitely more recognisable and profitable than the random Joe you want.
It being easier to sell because Kratos is already an established character doesn't mean it isn't stupid.

I am interested in seeing how they try to justify this, but I'm thinking they probably won't.

"Kratos will sell better than a new character" is an artistically bankrupt reason to keep him for this new series. I'm hoping there's more to it than that.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2016 12:41 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Cory thought Kratos' character arc was not complete.

That's the reason he gave.

He could have rebooted it with a new character that looks exactly like Kratos, similar to the way Link works, but chose to continue his story.

Cory says you are training Kratos' son and that in future games you may not play as Kratos at all.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2016 02:47 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
He may be more profitable than Random Joe, but it doesn't change the fact that it would have been better.
(please log in to view the image)

Look, I understand that companies have taken big characters and worked them into different things that WORKED before; but this is just shoehorning and it doesn't work. I'm not remotely excited about this game. If it was a new character and a fresh take on the series I'd be pumped; as it stands Jeff "Kratos" Bridges isn't doing a damn thing for me.

Jeff Bridges is awesome, and Kratos' badass goatee has become a badass beard, so I am not sure that I follow you here?
Besides, had they gone with a new character, that change, on top of all of the other changes that they are implementing, would likely have seen an immense amount of backlash. Though it is Santa Monica and not Ninja Theory in charge of GoW, there is a reason that almost every DMC fan hates Donte.

Before you even see the entire game, and where they take Kratos in that game, you are going to write it off as shoe-horning?

Also, you do realize that for every person who is not pumped up for this iteration of God of War, there are at least 50-100 who are, with some people (like me) who are interested in seeing this new direction for Kratos?

Originally posted by NemeBro
It being easier to sell because Kratos is already an established character doesn't mean it isn't stupid.

I am interested in seeing how they try to justify this, but I'm thinking they probably won't.

"Kratos will sell better than a new character" is an artistically bankrupt reason to keep him for this new series. I'm hoping there's more to it than that.

Who said it is not stupid, especially if they are only doing it for the sales (which, seemingly, they are not)?

Cory Barlog has stated that he wishes to continue Kratos' story. Quite frankly, since they are continuing with Kratos, I like that they want to develop him more now. He was ridiculously one-dimensional.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 18th, 2016 03:05 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by CosmicComet

Cory says...that in future games you may not play as Kratos at all.

He said that? Where did he say it?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 18th, 2016 03:07 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dika123
unstoppable force

still handsome smile

Attachment: kratos_2_by_sonicx2011-da6sc2c.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Jun 18th, 2016 08:05 AM
dika123 is currently offline Click here to Send dika123 a Private Message Find more posts by dika123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Jeff Bridges is awesome, and Kratos' badass goatee has become a badass beard, so I am not sure that I follow you here?
His beard sucks. I agree that Jeff Bridges is awesome, but I don't want Kratos looking like him all of the sudden. Kratos just doesn't look like Kratos.
quote:

Also, you do realize that for every person who is not pumped up for this iteration of God of War, there are at least 50-100 who are, with some people (like me) who are interested in seeing this new direction for Kratos?
I never said the game won't be good. I definitely think there is a lot of backlash over "Jeff Bridges" Kratos though. Hell, I've seen a lot of people annoyed at Kratos being tied to different mythologies; message boards and reddit. Sure, people want more GoW; that doesn't mean they want more Kratos.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 18th, 2016 01:45 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

He said that? Where did he say it?

On twitter.

Should be easy enough to find.

I guess they needed Kratos back for one more game to neatly move on with his successor, and get you rooting for the guy set to take his place. (his son it would appear).

Old Post Jun 18th, 2016 02:05 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dika123
unstoppable force

yeah message boards, reddit, and neogaf too. most people in that forum are nintendo, and xbox fanboy. i don't care what people think in that forum. lol

most people in that forum seem butthurt. lol

Last edited by dika123 on Jun 18th, 2016 at 02:09 PM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2016 02:06 PM
dika123 is currently offline Click here to Send dika123 a Private Message Find more posts by dika123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

His beard sucks. I agree that Jeff Bridges is awesome, but I don't want Kratos looking like him all of the sudden. Kratos just doesn't look like Kratos.I never said the game won't be good. I definitely think there is a lot of backlash over "Jeff Bridges" Kratos though. Hell, I've seen a lot of people annoyed at Kratos being tied to different mythologies; message boards and reddit. Sure, people want more GoW; that doesn't mean they want more Kratos.
Meh. I like Jeff Bridges Kratos.

Never liked old Kratos. Lame, fgt character. This is an improvement.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 18th, 2016 06:15 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

His beard sucks.

Dude, it is a badass beard, it is automatically awesome.

I agree that Jeff Bridges is awesome, but I don't want Kratos looking like him all of the sudden. Kratos just doesn't look like Kratos.

Oh okay, fair enough.

I never said the game won't be good. I definitely think there is a lot of backlash over "Jeff Bridges" Kratos though. Hell, I've seen a lot of people annoyed at Kratos being tied to different mythologies; message boards and reddit. Sure, people want more GoW; that doesn't mean they want more Kratos.

Yeah, I know there is backlash to Kratos, but I have seen more positive reception to bearded Kratos than negative, and imo, it is nothing compared to the backlash that would have occurred if there was a new person in this God of War game.

Eh, it is not like Santa Monica followed Greek mythology closely; they took quite a few liberties, and characters being tied to multiple settings/universes/mythologies has been happening for a long time.

The game is changing, and imo, it is better that they are using Kratos and evolving him, instead of bringing in somebody entirely new that could end up turning away long-time fans of the series (on top of all of the other changes). Besides, it seems like Kratos could ultimately end up being a stepping stone for his kid/a new character after this game.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2016 07:21 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by CosmicComet
On twitter.

Should be easy enough to find.

I guess they needed Kratos back for one more game to neatly move on with his successor, and get you rooting for the guy set to take his place. (his son it would appear).

Think I saw it. Sounds like he could be getting replaced, but it might be up to the next game's director.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2016 07:22 PM
dika123
unstoppable force

check this another cory's interview http://venturebeat.com/2016/06/18/s...od-of-war-demo/

-kratos now can customize his fighting style

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 06:34 AM
dika123
unstoppable force

Originally posted by dika123
It’s interesting. In some of the Eddas, the Norse myths—it’s probably the Christianization of the myths at work to some degree, but there are references to Odin having contact with the Roman god Mars. You already see these connections forming. I think it’s their way of trying to shift and connect a lot of these things. To me it’s almost a natural fit. The Greek element is just Kratos. He’s this stranger in a strange land, experiencing the world in the same way as the player is. He and the player are both figuring it out at the same time

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 06:36 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

What would be interesting is if GoW4 is a setup for Kratos to die in the end and his son is the one going around avenging him in future sequels.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 07:46 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dika123
unstoppable force

that's not interesting kratos is mascot of playstation

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 09:06 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Yeah, there are multiple elements that are similar across many mythologies.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 03:50 PM
dika123
unstoppable force

the new god of war isn't kratos' last game >.<
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/go...-/1100-6441104/

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2016 02:56 AM
dika123
unstoppable force

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2016 02:57 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Meh, it's being time they build Kratos into an actual character. People should be grateful if anything.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2016 03:03 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote