KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » God of War (2018)

God of War (2018)
Started by: dika123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I found the combat with the previous good tbh and didn't find it boring at all.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 02:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Be lying if I said I won't miss the DMC combos like the other games had but using LoU's style and destroying things up close should be interesting though I'm worried how the boss fights will play out. When you fight monsters the size of mountains, will the camera zoom out and make you relive classic God of War or would it still be over the shoulder and you're running on it looking for weak spots? I hope not.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 28th, 2018 at 02:57 AM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 02:42 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
T.C. Carson tweeted "Sony went in a new direction."

Bullshit, if you ask me.
Sucks as his voice was Kratos for too long to pull this nonsense. That being said I'm definitely still getting the game. Love the idea of other mythologies. Norse I've always loved due to marvel comics Thor.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 04:30 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

As much as we hate it, as I pointed out on the last page it's not nonsense. It's an unfortunate reason they had to move on, but Carson is a VA and doesn't fit the build of the character who he needs to portray on the green screen. So they had to find someone else.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 05:46 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Looking forward to this game. Played the other 3, and I think this one looks amazing.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 03:07 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Looks like I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and get a PS4 Pro because my PS4 is showing signs of strain and limit capacity.

I want this game to be at its utmost potential when I play it.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 11:34 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Videos of combat for GoW.

Looks very promising. RPG qualities, MH:W/Dark Souls type gameplay. Def felt the excitement and weight in the combat from these vids.

Day 1 for me, that's for sure. Heard youtube took down the vids prior to this. Hope this one stays up.

Last edited by Nibedicus on Mar 17th, 2018 at 08:52 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2018 08:48 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

They really went all out on the combat depth this time around. The axe throwing, and return commands look very well done.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 06:24 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I've never played any of the Dark Souls games, but people are saying that this is a knock off.

Thoughts?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:44 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

By gameplay? Looks more like an improved Hellblade.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 01:08 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

It has a few similarities IMO, but not many. In GoW, the emphasis still looks to be the ability to fight many enemies at once, which is basically the opposite of Dark Souls. And the combat looks a good deal faster, and more cinematic.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 03:19 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

This game looks awesome.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 05:42 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I’m waiting to see if Toys R Us will have liquidation sales so I can hopefully get a PS4 Pro and then I can play this game.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:50 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 06:08 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Since he brought it up, how funny would it actually be if there was some kind of DLC or unlockable end game reward that switches Kratos and Atreus out with Joel and Ellie not just appearance-wise but with completely different dialogue happening throughout the story to boot?

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 30th, 2018 at 06:52 PM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 06:50 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Reviews came out today. Game is getting massive praise.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 09:37 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Reviews came out today. Game is getting massive praise.

Did you see the video of David Harbour playing it? Looks awesome.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 10:06 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

9.75 to 10 score reviews.

Looks very promising.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 10:31 AM
cdtm

This puts me in the mood for some Darksiders.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by Impediment on Apr 12th, 2018 at 04:01 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 12:28 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I was worried at first how this game was gonna go but hearing all this praise is definitely good news. For awhile it seemed there was a curse that the fourth installment in any series wouldn't be up to snuff but of course Kratos would beat the crap out of that noise

Last edited by Nemesis X on Apr 12th, 2018 at 08:19 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 08:11 PM