KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Top 3 worst KMC SW debaters

Top 3 worst KMC SW debaters
Started by: JKBart

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Please continue. I am assessing this information and want you both to know I will be impartial in my decision. So he attacked you as a 12 year old without mercy. Maybe I should contact the authorities but I feel like they'd screw this up. Lord Lucien, you need to address these accusations of child abuse.
I plead lasciviously guilty.

Originally posted by The Ellimist
You remembered me well enough to figure out my identity from a debate about Force kamehamehas years after the fact.
Gid told me who you were. But apparently I dented your ego so deeply, ere these many years ago, that you returned as another sock and sought my whereabouts.

Normally I'd just throw some psycho-analytical diagnosis at you to work you up... but you've gotta be almost old enough to buy alcohol by now, so this is just coming off as attempted score-settling. Like Kovu returning to challenge Simba.

By comparison, I needed you to tell me that Tempest and Gideon were the same person.
I did?

Your attempt to act like you're the suave one, and not the one who flipped out at a 12 year old and later at someone over a disagreement about Force kamehamehas is very endearing.

Don't be a hypocrite, man.

Again, I love you.
Okay, more like Nuka attempting to challenge Simba:

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 02:09 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Gid told me who you were.

Funny, you were running around telling people that you "suspected" who I was and had figured it out yourself. Wonder who has the "ego" issue...

EDIT: reading comprehension is your friend, intellectual nitwit. That I was referencing Master Han should have made it clear that I was talking about then. Basic stuff here.

quote:

But apparently I dented your ego so deeply, ere these many years ago, that you returned as another sock and sought my whereabouts.

Your hypocrisy titillates my senses. Apparently you can write multi-paragraph essays on how much you hate me, but I make a one sentence tongue-in-cheek shout out and I have an ego issue. roll eyes (sarcastic)

quote:

Normally I'd just throw some psycho-analytical diagnosis at you to work you up... but you've gotta be almost old enough to buy alcohol by now, so this is just coming off as attempted score-settling. Like Kovu returning to challenge Simba.

Your self-doubt over basic arithmetic aside, I do find it endearingly nostaglic that you cannot muster anything more clever or substantive than the most generic catalog of ad hominem attacks possible. Oohhh, someone's mocking me - quick he must have a sore ego! Nobody's ever thought of that one before! laughing

Someone who gets his jimmies rustled by Force kamehamehas then tries to lecture people about their egos and youth. Ah, the famed intellectual abilities of The Lord Lucien.

Last edited by The Ellimist on Apr 15th, 2016 at 02:22 AM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 02:20 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

This reminds me of the beginning of the Conan film in which Thulsa Doom steamrolls all over the youths life and rides off into the sunset paying it little to no thought. The young boy grows up to become Conan and seeks revenge. Be careful Thulsa because at the end of the film Conan sports your head. Do not underestimate his motivation. It would be most unwise.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 02:27 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Funny, you were running around telling people that you "suspected" who I was and had figured it out yourself. Wonder who has the "ego" issue...

EDIT: reading comprehension is your friend, intellectual nitwit. That I was referencing Master Han should have made it clear that I was talking about then. Basic stuff here.
Nice save.

Why do you still care about then?

Originally posted by The Ellimist Your hypocrisy titillates my senses. Apparently you can write multi-paragraph essays on how much you hate me, but I make a one sentence tongue-in-cheek shout out and I have an ego issue. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yup.

Your self-doubt over basic arithmetic aside, I do find it endearingly nostaglic that you cannot muster anything more clever or substantive than the most generic catalog of ad hominem attacks possible. Oohhh, someone's mocking me - quick he must have a sore ego! Nobody's ever thought of that one before! laughing

Someone who gets his jimmies rustled by Force kamehamehas then tries to lecture people about their egos and youth. Ah, the famed intellectual abilities of The Lord Lucien.
Did you ever watch Frasier? There was an episode where an ex of his from Cheers showed up in Seattle and reconnected with him. And the whole episode she was puffing herself up, and self-promoting how great her life was. But at dinner, she finally cracked; mid-boast she broke down into tears over her trainwreck of a life, and how she regretted ever leaving Frasier and how pathetic she felt putting on airs.

I'm gonna call you Diane from now on.

Originally posted by quanchi112
This reminds me of the beginning of the Conan film in which Thulsa Doom steamrolls all over the youths life and rides off into the sunset paying it little to no thought. The young boy grows up to become Conan and seeks revenge. Be careful Thulsa because at the end of the film Conan sports your head. Do not underestimate his motivation. It would be most unwise.
It's worth just to be a part of one of the sickest tracks in film history.

Last edited by Lord Lucien on Apr 15th, 2016 at 02:55 AM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 02:53 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appletonia
major studmuffin

I have to say that one did think you were (uncharacteristically) a little mean to him back in the day Lucien.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...09#post12894888

Originally posted by The Contact
HWKA's incorrect views on Bioware's storytelling merits notwithstanding, I don't think he's really done anything that warrants such animosity from everyone here. He generally keeps the place fresh with a different approach to these arguments and topics and seems perfectly willing to engage in civil, reasoned discussions with everyone. Even if you disagree with him or think he "sucks" or whatever there's no need for such hostility.

Eminence agreed but then Zampano had to spoil the party by being completely and utterly wrong (but then everyone started relentlessly flaming him and that was a whole other thing).

27/01/16 - DarthAnt66 - 91 days

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 01:07 PM
Click here to Send appletonia a Private Message Find more posts by appletonia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Ellimist is here for vengeance.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 02:15 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

You see, even if we accepted for the sake of argument that my disliking you stems from some sort of deep personal problem [but your multi-paragraph essays on your hatred of me are a-OK] this would make your actions less, not more, justifiable. This weird ad hominem is utterly tangential to the point at hand, but given that the point at hand involves moral guilt, I don't think that subjective feeling even registers to you.

Nice save.

...you're the one who got it wrong, lol. I referenced 2013, and you thought it was 2016 despite numerous contextual clues to the contrary.

But these one liners that are meant to sound snide without making any sort of logical sense are commonplace for you.

quote:

Why do you still care about then?

Because you've never once even remotely acknowledged that you treated me poorly?

Do you want to go through your older shit and read the nasty, vile, and disturbing things you spewed to a twelve year old?

I don't know if you were the one who threatened physical violence on me, but you certainly never called it out.

Yeah, it actually did hurt. And trying to avoid responding to the ethics of it to put on the badass persona doesn't make you look like one - it makes you look sociopathic.

Wait, does this make me look like a pussy? Oh, I'm sorry that most twelve year olds aren't hardened military veterans, you worthless sack of shit.

quote:

Yup.

You have no meaningful response to the hypocrisy point, so you try to act like a smartass instead. Hmmm.

quote:

Did you ever watch Frasier? There was an episode where an ex of his from Cheers showed up in Seattle and reconnected with him. And the whole episode she was puffing herself up, and self-promoting how great her life was. But at dinner, she finally cracked; mid-boast she broke down into tears over her trainwreck of a life, and how she regretted ever leaving Frasier and how pathetic she felt putting on airs.

I'm gonna call you Diane from now on.

It's worth just to be a part of one of the sickest tracks in film history.

What a brilliant and and original reply; someone calls you out on you doing something wrong, it must be because they have an ego/bad life/insecurity/[insert original ad hominem]. Better roll with that, instead of actually presenting a coherent argument. I don't think anyone's ever thought of that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes, the way that you treated me did hurt, given my age at the time. Your utter lack of empathy or remorse for anything that you do is mildly disturbing.

----------

I would like to address the "ego" issue for a moment, despite its being a red herring from your own conduct. I do have a pretty big Gideon-esque ego. I think that I'm smarter than most people that I meet, and have the standardized test scores (perfect SAT, etc.) and academic/career placements (Stanford but didn't go, Google, etc.) to encourage me. I think that I'm vastly smarter than you, for example. Thinking highly of myself does not suggest that I try to put down other people; I only react to others' flaming me first. When I do have a grievance against someone, and I think they're unintelligent, I will bring that up, either in public or to myself, to make me feel better.

I think I'm pretty honest with myself when this makes sense. For example, while Gideon was just as much of a jackass to me as you were, I don't give him sh*t for it beyond satirizing his narcissism, partially because he's nice to me now, and partially because mocking his intelligence [although I guess I could still call him out on other things] would be silly; he's a pretty intelligent fellow and IDK if I'm smarter than him. You, on the other hand, don't say many insightful things even when you try to. To your credit, you're a pretty decent writer and never lack in eloquence...hence why I don't try to pretend you do.

Now like others who think they're original, you see "I have a big ego" and assume that I must be hiding some sort of secret insecurity. This Freudian analysis is absurd. That may sometimes be true, but it might also be the case that I just get off on this and it makes me feel good. It doesn't imply that I lack otherwise, anymore than you enjoying pizza means that you're secretly starving yourself.

^^ this is why I like to make fun of Gideon, 'cause he's kind of me.

Last edited by The Ellimist on Apr 15th, 2016 at 10:18 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 10:06 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Originally posted by Syndicate
I don't know. You could say guys like redpill but then you don't know if they're actually trolling or not.

I'd say carthage, EmperorSidious and Col Valerian so far.

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 10:08 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Tbh, I don't think the problem with Lucien is that he honestly doesn't care about whether he treats people fairly; I don't think he's actually a sociopath. I'm sure he has justifications at the back of his mind for why he didn't do anything wrong. The thing is, in attempting to look "cool" and "laid back", he refuses to actually present said justifications and just resorts to one-liners instead. He usually finally goes "OK I'm going to make this one post letting out my reasons, and then I'm going to declare that I won't respond to you because I'm such a badass" and then disappears.

The big fault here, of course, is that if he refuses to list out his brilliant justifications and goes for being a troll/bully instead, nobody can falsify or refute them. His brilliant psycho-analysis and rationalizations are always replete with basic logical fallacies but hey, what you don't know can't hurt you, right? He can just pretend to himself that his actions are morally impenetrable because of arguments X Y and Z that nobody gets to protest.

^

tl;dr - he realizes that the only way to make his arguments unbeatable is to not say them, so he can just tell himself he's right.

Last edited by The Ellimist on Apr 15th, 2016 at 10:40 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 10:30 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Why is Ellimist reminding me of Ant...

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 11:22 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Ellimist, are you familiar with the two Abrams Star Trek films ?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 03:06 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I lost interest half way through and don't care enough to properly respond. So I'll just say: Grow up, get over it, and stop thinking you're a special snowflake that needs to be pampered with kindness and kisses. If you can't do that, fill out a hurt feelings report at the office and schedule a meeting with a counselor who actually gives a shit. Either way, I'm sure you'll be remembering my name and what a big meanie I was to you for years to come.

this is why I like to make fun of Gideon, 'cause he's kind of me.
Jesus Christ, cut the f*cking umbilical chord already.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 07:51 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 09:18 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Is it bad that I read it in Frank's voice?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 09:50 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I lost interest half way through and don't care enough to properly respond. So I'll just say: Grow up, get over it, and stop thinking you're a special snowflake that needs to be pampered with kindness and kisses. If you can't do that, fill out a hurt feelings report at the office and schedule a meeting with a counselor who actually gives a shit. Either way, I'm sure you'll be remembering my name and what a big meanie I was to you for years to come.

Jesus Christ, cut the f*cking umbilical chord already.

It's funny because I'm doing a shorter, less obsessive version of the long paragraphs you've written about me. erm

Clearly I am so far beyond your feeble intellect it's not even funny.

Last edited by The Ellimist on Apr 18th, 2016 at 10:13 PM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 09:59 PM
Darth Demenos

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Trolling aside:

chilled_monkey
Darth Demenos
and Darth Abonis

are the bottom tiers of KMC. Everyone else at least makes arguments. We rarely agree on shit consistently, but at least we back it up.

I have to disagree with you on that one.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 01:08 AM
Click here to Send Darth Demenos a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Demenos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Quanchi
2. Jmanghan
3. AaylaSecuraFan

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 04:36 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

3 - 2014 me
2 - 2015-16 me

1 - Me in general, I'm just amazingly shite at debating in general. Least I'm self aware tho

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 05:31 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote