KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones
Started by: Bardock42

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « First ... « 100 101 [102] 103 104 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Great episode, Jamie and Brienne's relationship is second to none. I loved seeing him ask her if he could serve under her, and then later made her a knight. I know it probably already known, but I am pretty sure he loves her.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 05:23 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 05:25 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Obviously not. Plus he isn’t riding a dragon but a dracolich. Get you’re D&D terms right.

It's not a dracolich it is a zombie dragon. A dracolich would have a phylactery.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 05:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Surtur
It's not a dracolich it is a zombie dragon. A dracolich would have a phylactery.

Oof. Outdone in my own nerdery.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 05:52 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Jaime knighting Brienne was the best scene of the season so far. Not many people in the series fit what being a Knight is all about as well as Brienne (as far as my limited knowledge of knights goes anyways), and it was well earned. Anyway, she's probably dead in the next episode. That felt like the completion of her arc. Same with Theon (also his scene with Sansa was a solid second place for best scene this season IMO).

Jaime's arc is done but he'll survive until his completes the prophecy with Cersei. Tyrion, Jon, Dany, and Arya (she still needs to get through her list, and Mel said they'd meet again) are all safe too. Jorah is good since I still feel like there is more to his story (unless he sacrifices himself for Lyanna to earn back his honor in his house or something). Varys was there in the beginning but absent the rest of the episode so I feel like he was smart enough to get out of dodge.

Anyone else is up for grabs and worth worrying about. Missandei and Grey Worm talking about visiting Narth? Dead. Everyone in the super safe crypts other than Tyrion (unless Bronn shows up and catches him alone down there)? Dead. Lyanna Mormont in the thick of the battle? Dead. Beric has been a dead man walking for seasons, so probably dead. I don't see Davos having much to offer anymore since the time for politics is mostly over (he's already lost everything, and he's a likable character), so dead. Ed is probably dead since I feel like a surviving character is going to end their story by becoming the 1000th Lord Commander of the Nights Watch (either Jorah or Jaime).

Sam I'm unsure about, though I feel like he'll survive. Tormund doesn't have much to offer but he is the main wildling representative on the show so idk about getting rid of him. Podrick could go either way. I think Sansa will survive but I wouldn't be surprised if they kill her off (I hope not, her and Jaime are all that matter to me at this point).

Also, for hype purposes:
quote:
The details about The Battle of Winterfell emerged in a new cover story from EW concerning Game of Thrones season 8. The publication was on set during some of the filming of the massive undertaking. The battle was filmed over 11 weeks of night shoots, in very low temperatures with over 750 people involved both in front of and behind the camera. The battle will span the entire episode in which it appears, making it the longest battle sequence ever filmed, dethroning a record set by Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers and its 40 minute siege of Helm's Deep. The episode was written by series co-creators Dan Benioff and D.B. Weiss and will be directed by Miguel Sapochnik who directed the episodes "Battle of the Bastards" and the most exciting White Walker episode to date, "Hardhome."

PWNT

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 07:18 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Is there a need anymore for a Night's Watch? Wall is destroyed and the Walkers are in Westeros. Likely they either absolutely win or die by story's end.

While they'll be plenty of deaths in the battle for Winterfell, they have to save some key deaths for after. eg The Hound is surviving until he gets to go back South and destroy his brother. I still think Jamie will kill Cersei. Not sure who Euron gets killed by, maybe Asha, but he's dying.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 22nd, 2019 at 07:26 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 07:21 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Robtard
Is there a need anymore for a Night's Watch? Wall is destroyed and the Walkers are in Westeros. Likely they either absolutely win or die by story's end.

While they'll be plenty of deaths in the battle for Winterfell, they have to save some key deaths for after. eg The Hound is surviving until he gets to go back South and destroy his brother. I still think Jamie will kill Cersei. Not sure who Euron gets killed by, maybe Asha, but he's dying.
It depends on how and if they defeat the White Walkers I think. If the Walkers are completely wiped out, there is no point since Wildlings are a thing of the past too. If they manage to beat them back and the Walkers retreat back to the Land of Always Winter like the first time they attacked (though I'm not sure if they retreated the first time because they lost or had some kind of reasoning for letting everyone live), the Night's Watch will have to continue. If that happens, hopefully the 1000th commander ranges north to finally put an end to them while they're weak.

Really though, I'll be disappointed if the NK is stopped at Winterfell (if he's even there). I've been excited for him and his forces washing through the realm since the beginning. IMO the only way I can see this battle realistically ending is an L for the living and the survivors retreating.

EDIT:
(please log in to view the image)

lmao

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Apr 22nd, 2019 at 07:47 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 07:38 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I could have done without seeing Arya naked. She was like 11 when she started this show so ew. I realize technically she's like 21-22 by now, but she still looks 14 so still, ick.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 08:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Arya tells The Hound that she will handle the Mountain. She telports behind him and says "nothing personal kid" and cuts his head off.

The white walkers start to melt when they get to warmer climate. So the warmth of the land kills the Night King in the end.

Sansa kills Cersei, and after the killing blow says. "How does it feel to be the 2nd smartest woman in Westeros?" with a smirk.

Screen cap this.

Last edited by Inhuman on Apr 22nd, 2019 at 08:35 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 08:25 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

22, yeah was weird

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 08:27 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Zombie Hodor returns and kills Bran

All the dragons die

Jorah kills the Night King

Brienne pity ****s Pod, realises he has a magic cock and instantly falls in love with him. Jaime gets jealous and kills Pod.

Sansa marries Theon but has Tyrion do the bed duties.

The red witch shows up and gets her baps out one last time before grossing everyone out by taking off her necklace and shouting RED RUM, RED RUM

Theons sister brings the second sons back from Meereen in time to kill the golden company.

Varys plants big slobbery tongue action on Tormund.

The other hotter red witch and the woman with the mask on in season 1 show up and finally explain what the point of them is.

Littlefinger comes back and kills Arya before turning into Jaqen and then Syrio.

The Hound makes up the Mountain but fall out when they can't decide if their double act should be called The Mound or The Hountain.

Gendry fu¢ks off on a rowing boat.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 09:15 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
I could have done without seeing Arya naked. She was like 11 when she started this show so ew. I realize technically she's like 21-22 by now, but she still looks 14 so still, ick.

It's only weird if you've been touching your tiny pecker to Arya since way back then. Well?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 09:21 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It's only weird if you've been touching your tiny pecker to Arya since way back then. Well?

That's not true. I've been doing that and it wasn't weird to me.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 09:45 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rob I'm not into alien looking things.

Just look at her face, she's not normal.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 09:54 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Arya actually went to give up her virginity to the Hound, but Beric came and cucked The Hound. After that, Arya went to look for Gendry.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 09:59 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

PWNT

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 10:46 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So is Arya and her assassination journey in the book? Or is she as fake as Hound is?

She seems kind of redundant to the main story. I mean, Sansa didn't really need her to break Littlefinger.

The Red Wedding revenge was nice. Not exactly needed, but nice.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 11:44 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by cdtm
So is Arya and her assassination journey in the book?
Yes

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 12:07 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Arachnid1
It depends on how and if they defeat the White Walkers I think. If the Walkers are completely wiped out, there is no point since Wildlings are a thing of the past too. If they manage to beat them back and the Walkers retreat back to the Land of Always Winter like the first time they attacked (though I'm not sure if they retreated the first time because they lost or had some kind of reasoning for letting everyone live), the Night's Watch will have to continue. If that happens, hopefully the 1000th commander ranges north to finally put an end to them while they're weak.

Really though, I'll be disappointed if the NK is stopped at Winterfell (if he's even there). I've been excited for him and his forces washing through the realm since the beginning. IMO the only way I can see this battle realistically ending is an L for the living and the survivors retreating.
lmao

Winterfell always seemed like one of the stupidest places to defend particularly from such a massive army. Relatively flat plains on all sides.

Why they didn't choose Moat Cailin that is on a hill surrounded by marshlands or the The Twins where the army of the dead's numbers would be constricted by the crossing. Or the Eyrie where the bloody gate would work the same way. Or Harrenhall which is just much bigger.

Idiots.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 01:04 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

So the big twist and why the night king isn't at winterfell is that he's already flown south, killed everyone in king's landing including the golden company and is marching them all North. "A million more soldiers in the night king's army" I believe Jon Snow said.

Gidooosh!!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 01:10 AM