KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones
Started by: Bardock42

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « First ... « 102 103 [104] 105 106 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
I’ve listened to Hardcore History though not the ones about the Celtic Holocaust. Regardless, I’ve never considered Julius to be evil even though he did terrible things particularly during the Gallic Wars (which is what you seem to be hinting at).

The podcast is doing the hinting, that's the title he went with on it. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 11:45 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I won't disagree that letting them survive would have been the better move based on what she knows now. But at the time she didn't know Sam was allied with Jon, nor did she know the true danger of the White Walkers, nor that Jon was a claimant to the throne with an even better pedigree then her. At the time, she thought killing them was the best solution and frankly I agree (based on only what she knew then). Yes, had she let them live things would have turned out great for her. But that's only because of a bunch of rather massive coincidences.
There was always the chance of their being another male heir to House Tarley (or an aggressive female heir like Sansa or Asha that also would have sided with the competition, whether it's Jon or Cersei). It's another piece of info she should have taken into account when making that choice. There's a reason Tywin wipes out his enemies root and stem. Otherwise having valuable prisoners like them would at least keep the rest of their House in check. Sure, it's unfortunate circumstance (for her) that that new household head has Jons ear, but my point is complications arise when characters make rash decisions (Joff executing Ned to make a "statement" that ended up spawning four other kings for example). It's a complex choice to make, but she made it overly simple and binary. I wouldn't call every unforeseen consequence stemming from an uninformed choice a coincidence. More just her making her bed and having to lay in it. I agree with Tyrion. It was the wrong choice to make. We'll agree to disagree and just enjoy it playing out however it does though. thumb up

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Apr 24th, 2019 at 03:46 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 03:35 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Killing the Tarleys was a statement. By doing so, she ensured the rest of her captives would “bend da knee”. Had the captives not done so, they would have been a massive drain on her resources rather then an asset.

Rest of what captives?

The only captives that matter and actually have a stake in the war beyond a paycheck are nobility. Do you think bumblephuck drafted man at arms former baker #1453 would have instigated a rebellion or something?

She incinerated them because she's an idiot and a tyrant, lol.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 04:06 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

A rebellion? No. But they may have gone back and joined Cersi's other forces or turn bandit. Dany couldn't let them just go unharmed, she needed to do something with them. Dany wanted them to join her and by incinerating the Tarlys she succeeded in getting them to do so.

She is a tyrant though. I won't disagree with you there. Nor is she the sharpest tool in the shed. I just don't think this was the huge blunder and crime others claim it to be.

Last edited by ares834 on Apr 24th, 2019 at 05:44 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 05:36 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I really liked Tormund in the last episode.

The main thing he cared about while they're waiting for death and destruction to arrive was, "Is that big woman still here?" laughing out loud

And then the story about how he drank giant's milk and that's why he's so strong followed by that hilariously awkward moment of him chugging his horn drink. laughing out loud

Pure gold.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 01:37 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Im pretty sure bran's gonna get the stabby stabby treatment next ep

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 02:14 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I really liked Tormund in the last episode.

The main thing he cared about while they're waiting for death and destruction to arrive was, "Is that big woman still here?" laughing out loud

And then the story about how he drank giant's milk and that's why he's so strong followed by that hilariously awkward moment of him chugging his horn drink. laughing out loud

Pure gold.

I proper belly laughed at Brienne's stupid smiley face as well.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 04:25 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Yeah absolute power bv has corrupted Dany to an extreme. And she doesn't even see she's a few stone throws away from being her grandfather. The only difference is bgg he was legitimately insane and she's just a b*tch with a power complex.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 07:13 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Im pretty sure bran's gonna get the stabby stabby treatment next ep

I was hoping to see him "warg" a bit more before it's all said and done.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 07:44 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

He will. He's done fuk all with his powers since he got back. There's definitely something narratively big in store for Bran.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 08:00 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Jon truly didn't want the iron throne he could have told Dani he'd keep his lineage a secret. Sam won't tell and who of importance gives two shits what Bran has to say?

Though "the things we do for love" was an epic burn.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 09:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i think that will occur as well. maybe he'll warg into one of the dragons just before he kicks the bucket, like orell did with his hawk

it just a general rule these days, that the really bad thing everyone is trying to avoid will happen, like thanos' snap. the long night is coming

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 11:22 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Is anyone else hoping that everyone dies and that the Night King wins?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 04:32 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Is anyone else hoping that everyone dies and that the Night King wins?

Of course, he's really the only unannoying character left... because he doesn't speak.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:03 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wonder if Arya is gonna try to disguise herself as a white walker in order to get to the Night King.

Also it's gonna be hilarious if his army turns up in Winterfell, but he's off about to go burn King's Landing to ash with his zombie dragon.

If he can locate Bran whenever wherever then there is no hurry to get to him lol. He can destroy everything else and save him for last.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 05:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

IDK how accurate this is since I've never seen more than 13 White Walkers (though Craster's sons would have to give considerably more than that). The dead foot soldiers have gone down pretty easily in the past and this means the human army is outnumbered almost 3 to 1 (though there will also be the odd undead animal/giant and White Walker tipping the scales even more). There's also the fact that everyone who dies joins the wight army.

The only thing the living have going for them are two dragons to the WWs one. If everyone is outfitted with dragon glass, I can buy most taking at least 3+ wights each and the dragons taking out tons (unless each WW has that god tier throwing arm the NK does). Plus, if they get a WW, they get its ever wight it's ever brought back. They are at a disadvantage, but it doesn't look impossible.

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Apr 25th, 2019 at 05:59 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 05:49 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Someone gonna git stabbed

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 05:55 PM
Arachnid1

https://i.redd.it/wvt66z80vtu21.jpg

That is some while fan art.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 27th, 2019 06:16 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Cersei's head is a nice touch.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 07:55 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Cersei's head is a nice touch.

That's what Jaime said, zing!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 01:44 PM