KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones
Started by: Bardock42

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Honestly, GOT went downhill with Tywin's death.

The only reason I'm still vaguely interested is Olenna, the High Sparrow, and my main man Davos.
Oh come now.

It was going downhill way before that.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2016 07:46 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does anyone know if the premiere tomorrow is streamed live on HBO Now or is it made available a day later or something???

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 12:11 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by NemeBro
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: They kill Doran Martell and Areo Hotah and take over Dorne.

The showrunners have always been incompetent (it was just harder to notice early on when they could just piggyback on the fat ****'s writing), but if this is true this is looking to be the worst season yet.
Didn't read the spoiler, but it has me worried. Still haven't recovered from them dicking over Stannis last season. Jesus they handled it so horribly.

Also, Firefly, I believe its the same time. Thats how it was last year for me.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 04:06 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 09:31 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Hmm... Dull episode. The Davos and Sansa plot-lines are interesting but the rest are just boring.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 02:21 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

pretty decent premiere

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 02:33 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Enjoyed the premiere.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 03:49 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did they wipe out [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Martells just so they can bring in the Greyjoys?

Odd start to a season...but what's with Melisandre?

Davos will probably pump her like that anyway...dirty cvnt that he is

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 04:04 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

The Dorne stuff was stupid. The guards standing around as Doran was killed was absolute chit. I had such high hopes for Doran in the books too. Good to know he is going to get killed off in a such a lame manner. :/

Trystan being stupid enough to turn his back to a Sand Snake was ridiculous too. There's also the fact that he left to Kings Landing on a boat, presumably with guards, so they somehow stowed away on the boat (I thought it was the same boat as Jaime, why would they take two different boats?), killed the guards, and kill Trystan in a stupid manner.

The show runners really have become more and more incompetent as the show has gone on. Stannis' entire storyline wrapped up in such an anticlimactic and boring way. All of Dorne was absolutely wasted too. There was no emotional investment. We never got to know Doran, and he never had his plots working in the background so there was no real sense of loss over what could have been. This was a huge political slaughter that could have been handled so much better. Viper is the only charismatic character I've cared for to come out of Dorne. I used to be so hyped for the entrance of the Sand Snakes too.

The entire Nights Watch saying screw it after Ser Allister fessed up to murdering their Lord Commander (whom in large part supported him) was more BS just like Dorans guard not doing anything about his murder. They all just say screw it and make Ser Allister the LC? There should have been riots and people wanting justice.

The Dothraki being all merciful and loving to Dany seemed out of character too. Since when does being a Khals widow mean you're safe from harm? Didn't Ser Jorah claim that once Drogo died in season one, she'd be likely raped and murdered since there's no one to protect or support her anymore? Thats why he urged her to get out before Drogo died. These are Dothraki ffs, they live for murdering one another (especially their Khals, which is better than sex according to the Dothraki in this episode).

Terrible opening. So many lame plot lines and wasted opportunities. Worst of all, it was boring. Hopefully it improves, but I wont hold my breath.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Apr 25th, 2016 at 04:21 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 04:08 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Wait a second, weren't all the Sand Snakes on the pier watching Jaime sail away? How the hell did they get on Trystans boat?

Also, I'm impressed with Ramsay and his twenty good men setting fire to Dany's fleet. Way to be preemptive bud. thumb up

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Apr 25th, 2016 at 04:28 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 04:25 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Arachnid1
The Dorne stuff was stupid. The guards standing around as Doran was killed was absolute chit. I had such high hopes for Doran in the books too. Good to know he is going to get killed off in a such a lame manner. :/
The show doesn't follow the books anymore.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 05:33 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Dorne stuff feels super inauthentic and fake

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 12:58 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I have to agree with some people here. That was somewhat underwhelming for a season premiere, but that likely won't stop me from continuing to watch.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 03:17 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by jaden101
Did they wipe out [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Martells just so they can bring in the Greyjoys?

Odd start to a season...but what's with Melisandre?

Davos will probably pump her like that anyway...dirty cvnt that he is

Form the previews, it looks like Dorne's going to be a part of this season. At least I think that's a bunch of Dornish men pointing spears, but it could be the flashback parts with Ned and not the current timeline.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 04:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

There is still blood to be spilled when the show's greatest character Oberyn died. Seems like I'm his only kmc fan here as well. Still miss you, Red Viper. You will be missed.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 06:08 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Avenger Oberyn who died for his family by murdering his other family members! Logic shall always triumph!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 06:42 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by NemeBro
The show doesn't follow the books anymore.
Thats good to hear, but it still follows a rough outline doesn't it? Lets hope its a really rough outline.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 07:02 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by AuraAngel
Avenger Oberyn who died for his family by murdering his other family members! Logic shall always triumph!
Agreed it's ridiculous. The Sand Snakes in general are ridiculous and pointless.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 07:19 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Thats good to hear, but it still follows a rough outline doesn't it? Lets hope its a really rough outline.
It's been said that this season will spoil book readers, so it's possible that Elaria Sand does kill Doran in the books. I certainly hope it doesn't happen, or in the very least it's written far, far, far better than in the show as you implied.

Especially with Hotah, he's a total badass in the books, but dies like a complete chump here. I laughed.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 09:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Robtard
It's been said that this season will spoil book readers, so it's possible that Elaria Sand does kill Doran in the books. I certainly hope it doesn't happen, or in the very least it's written far, far, far better than in the show as you implied.

Especially with Hotah, he's a total badass in the books, but dies like a complete chump here. I laughed.
Yeah Hotah being taken out by the smallest and least skilled of the Sand Snakes with a small knife sucked. I guess a knife to the spine would insta-wreck anyone, but they should have at least given him time to shine. He should have been more on guard like he always has been too. He let Ellaria, who clearly implied that Doran would die soon last season, waltz right up with her daughter without at least even checking them both for weapons. Doran should have been smarter about it and locked up all the Sand Snakes at the first sign of treason (of which there were many).

No use crying over spilt milk though I suppose.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 12:03 AM