KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones
Started by: Bardock42

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Worst part of episode 1 is when Tyrion says , "It will be a long time till we see Westeros again". After the ships were burning. Fuq sad

Also its safe to assume that from here on out (as in usual GOT fashion) if there is a "feel good" scene , moment or good hearted character having nice things happen to them, that means they are going to be in for some horrible sh1t.

I also think the ending will play out in a similar fashion. Probably all the main characters dead. I guarantee it wont be what everyone wants.

G.R.R.Martin tries so hard to be unpredictable that hes become predictable.

Last edited by Inhuman on Apr 27th, 2016 at 09:37 PM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2016 09:26 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I think this season will get old fast if they don't revive Jon Snow by episode 3, but preferably at the end of episode 2.

I honestly don't care about half the storylines right now.

Tower of Joy flashback is gonna be in episode three so hopefully he'll be back at the end of that episode

Old Post Apr 28th, 2016 06:42 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yes, in a way character building is irrelevant in GoT. Since everyone dies in some abrupt or horrible moment. I even feel the whole "game" of thrones is over anyway: who in Westeros cares about the throne anymore?

I'd had hoped Daenarys' storyline would be a building threat to Westeros from the west and the white walkers from the North. But they only make fleeting appearances and they don't seem to move on Westeros at all. So GoT seems to have come to a point that we're just waiting for the next one to die.

Maybe they should ask Vince Gilligan to have a look at what they can do with GoT.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2016 09:42 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Inhuman
Worst part of episode 1 is when Tyrion says , "It will be a long time till we see Westeros again". After the ships were burning. Fuq sad

Also its safe to assume that from here on out (as in usual GOT fashion) if there is a "feel good" scene , moment or good hearted character having nice things happen to them, that means they are going to be in for some horrible sh1t.

I also think the ending will play out in a similar fashion. Probably all the main characters dead. I guarantee it wont be what everyone wants.

G.R.R.Martin tries so hard to be unpredictable that hes become predictable.

It's not a GRRM problem. The reason the show is not surprising anymore is because the producers are a pair of hacks who think being shocking is the only thing that matters.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2016 07:21 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

"You haven't had to use that axe of yours in a long time. I hope you remember how."

Hahah, I hate this show.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2016 10:51 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Chekhov's axe flouted ridiculously.

The shittiest part is that I feel like the Dorne plot won't even matter unless the usurpers get involved in the Faith Militant-Iron Throne conflict.

On that note though, it is interesting that the Lannisters now have three groups they must seek vengeance against: the Faith Militant, the Boltons, and the Sand Snakes. Really feels like this is the beginning of the end for them, even if they crush the Faith Militant, it's doubtful they'll be able to deal with Dorne in the aftermath (the Boltons of course will probably be upended by the forces of the North and/or Littlefinger.)

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Apr 28th, 2016 at 11:11 PM

Old Post Apr 28th, 2016 11:08 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Caught up with the episode. Wow, this is bad.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2016 11:53 PM
The_Tempest is currently offline Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i love how GRRM gets the blame when the show writers **** up. thumb up

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 01:32 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

A lot of dumb contrived coincidences happen in this show. Brienne encountering both Stark girls without any proactive effort on her part, the Sand Snakes, Jaime, and Bronn all try to kidnap Myrcella at the exact same time in broad ****ing daylight, Dany just happens to go to the random dinky fight pit Ser Jorah and Tyrion are at, etc. They're becoming more common, too. Three of those are from season five alone.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 12:37 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i love how GRRM gets the blame when the show writers **** up. thumb up
It's the only way to be sure.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 01:14 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Episode #52: “Home”

Bran trains with the Three-Eyed Raven. In King’s Landing, Jaime advises Tommen. Tyrion demands good news, but has to make his own. At Castle Black, the Night’s Watch stands behind Thorne. Ramsay Bolton proposes a plan, and Balon Greyjoy entertains other proposals.

Episode #53: “Oathbreaker”

Daenerys meets her future. Bran meets the past. Tommen confronts the High Sparrow. Arya trains to be No One. Varys finds an answer. Ramsay gets a gift.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 03:18 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/7...still-alive.htm

C L E G A N E B O W L
O_ __E
N_ __T
F_ __H
I_ __ Y
R_I__P_C H I C K E N S
M_ __E
E

But the Hound is dead!

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Apr 30th, 2016 at 03:42 AM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 03:29 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

thumb up

Now Snow bowl needs to happen

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 03:34 AM
NemeBro

I like how Arya suddenly learned how to wear a face off-screen so she could kill Meryn Trant. What bad, lazy writing.

Done with season five, gonna watch the start of six tomorrow in all likelihood.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 08:42 AM
queeq
Chaos

Good luck. Don't get to excited about the first episode.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 12:31 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ramsay apparently kills Roose, fat Walda, and her baby.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 01:49 AM
Rebel95

He's back lets gooo

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 02:02 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So.. Didn't take them long to do that

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 02:03 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Yeah I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 02:07 AM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by NemeBro
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ramsay apparently kills Roose, fat Walda, and her baby.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
This was BS. Such a lame end to Roose. He, Tywin, and Walder Frey are my favorite villains in the show or book, with Roose edging out into #1. Dieing to Ramsay's knife was a lame end, and a bit predictable. Ramsay has been uninteresting as a villain so far. Its not shocking or impacting when he does something cruel. I'm about ready for his character to finish off.

Also, Jons back, basically the same way everyone thought he would be. This, Roose, and were all predicated long ago, and Balon dieing to Euron is also pretty well known. This season is going to end up being too predictable. Jons gonna go to war at the end with Ramsay (giving us the Snow Bowl), win and take up residence at Winterfell, having won back the seat. Sansas gonna dick around in the north for a while until Jon takes back Winterfell or go to Castle Black and be taken back to Winterfell with Jon to take it over and install herself as Warden of the North like Littlefinger planned.

Bran is going to give us the Tower of Joy, where we find out Jon is half Targ. He'll eventually leave the North and fill Jon in on his parentage.

Cleganebowls still gonna happen in Kings Landing at some point, although the end is still up the air. It could end with Cersei losing and the Faith sentencing her to death (she still dies to Jamie for some drama, since Jaime has been laying on the Cercei love pretty thick this season). Tommens likely going to die trying to be Joffrey jr to put a stop to the faith, leaving a reformed Margery to rule as Queen, and setting the stage for Dany to come back and take over the Iron Throne next season. It's also possible that Cercie wins and the Hound dies, in which case Tyrion may be the Valonquar when he comes back with Dany and Tommen dies to Dany, though its still more likely that Jamie kills her and commits suicide in his grief rounding out his character arc.

Euron is going to win the Kingsmoot and take their unstoppable Navy they continually hyped up this season to Meereen where Dany (or Tyrion if she's still dicking around with Dothraki) will win and seize it to replace her burning fleet. Dany will sail to Westeros with the fleet at the end of the season, with this season ending off on a positive note for her and Jon.

EDIT: Also, lol

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on May 2nd, 2016 at 03:09 AM

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 02:58 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote