KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones
Started by: Bardock42

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « First ... « 88 89 [90] 91 92 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Just a reminder, we're getting Cleganebowl.

ps Sandor's going to win it like the boss he is

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 11:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Just a reminder, we're getting Cleganebowl.

ps Sandor's going to win it like the boss he is
****ing. Confirmed.

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 10:54 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Agreed. I've been ready for her to be killed off for some time now. The only things interesting about her are her dragons and the people surrounding her (Jorah, Tyrion, Varys).

And cool characters get killed trying to defend her. Like that one knight who used to work for the king, but he left because Joffrey was a little b*tch.

****ing. Confirmed.

I just hope if he does win he is referred to as "The Hound", like usual. "Sandor has achieved victory" sounds lame. Sandor sounds like the name of a gay elf. "There's Legolas and his 'special friend' Sandor!". You know that sounds legit.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 31st, 2017 at 04:22 PM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 04:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Surtur
And cool characters get killed trying to defend her. Like that one knight who used to work for the king, but he left because Joffrey was a little b*tch.

I just hope if he does win he is referred to as "The Hound", like usual. "Sandor has achieved victory" sounds lame. Sandor sounds like the name of a gay elf. "There's Legolas and his 'special friend' Sandor!". You know that sounds legit.
I think Tyrion deserves the throne way more then Daenerys, or even Jon.

Dany, I'm sorry to say, is a bit unhinged. It unnerved me quite a bit when she had Randyll and Dickon burned, even after Tyrion tried to talk to her. That's what he's there for.

But Daenerys is unbeatable, if even everyone who supported Dany went with Jon Snow, I can't imagine what it'd do except make her more relentless.

She pulled a Mad King during a few scenes in the past, I just see a possible regression.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 05:51 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I think Tyrion deserves the throne way more then Daenerys, or even Jon.

Dany, I'm sorry to say, is a bit unhinged. It unnerved me quite a bit when she had Randyll and Dickon burned, even after Tyrion tried to talk to her. That's what he's there for.

But Daenerys is unbeatable, if even everyone who supported Dany went with Jon Snow, I can't imagine what it'd do except make her more relentless.

She pulled a Mad King during a few scenes in the past, I just see a possible regression.
Nope, Jon deserves it.

Fight me.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 06:03 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, Jmanghan's so wrong. So very wrong.

Daenary's is insane, like her grandfather. It is known.

Tyrion makes for a better hand, someone who has a direct line to the ear of the king/queen.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 11:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, Jmanghan's so wrong. So very wrong.

Daenary's is insane, like her grandfather. It is known.

Tyrion makes for a better hand, someone who has a direct line to the ear of the king/queen.
The people we have to choose from the throne, in my head are Tyrion, Daenerys, and Jon Snow.

Daenerys IS going to stop listening to Tyrion at some point. I think it may become a Tywin/Aerys relationship.

But no one can defeat Daenerys. I don't want the Dragons to die or her to die, but shes not the best for the throne. Jon or Tyrion are much better. Tyrion is the most good-hearted person in the show right now, and he's also one of the smartest. He'd probably choose Varys to be his hand, Bronn to be captain of the Watch.

He saved the city in the Battle of Blackwater Bay so he's bound to have the support of all the Lannister troops, Jaime as Kingsguard once again, and just generally people he'd trust on his council.

I'm sorry I think he makes a much better King then Jon or Queen then Daenerys.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 01:45 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Personally, I don't think Tyrion would make a good king. His showing at Blackwater was great, but he was leading desperate and doomed people who really would have followed anyone willing to lead. He doesn't tend to inspire people to follow him usually, outside of paying them large sums. Most Westerosi people would likely view him as weak/unfit for obvious (though wrong) reasons. I feel like he'd have to deal with rebellions and constant dissension in the ranks. I also don't think Jon would do too well on the Throne in the long run. He doesn't have a history of politically wise choices and he'd be out of his depth in the south. It's smarter for him to secede with the North. If he did stay in the south as King, he'd need Tyrion or Sansa giving him guidance as far as politics go. IMO Jaime would make a better king than both as long as he has Tyrion as his hand and a good council.

Dany would be flat out awful. Too impulsive and somewhat psychotic. I honestly don't know where she'll fit into Westeros at this point. Maybe just put her back in her seat at Dragonstone?

PWNT

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 05:52 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Personally, I don't think Tyrion would make a good king. His showing at Blackwater was great, but he was leading desperate and doomed people who really would have followed anyone willing to lead. He doesn't tend to inspire people to follow him usually, outside of paying them large sums. Most Westerosi people would likely view him as weak/unfit for obvious (though wrong) reasons. I feel like he'd have to deal with rebellions and constant dissension in the ranks. I also don't think Jon would do too well on the Throne in the long run. He doesn't have a history of politically wise choices and he'd be out of his depth in the south. It's smarter for him to secede with the North. If he did stay in the south as King, he'd need Tyrion or Sansa giving him guidance as far as politics go. IMO Jaime would make a better king than both as long as he has Tyrion as his hand and a good council.

Dany would be flat out awful. Too impulsive and somewhat psychotic. I honestly don't know where she'll fit into Westeros at this point. Maybe just put her back in her seat at Dragonstone?
He inspired a bunch of Mountain Clans to fight for him and with them.

He inspired the doomed and desperate men, who were literally hopeless and with a few words Tyrion talked to them and convinced them. He has the best morals, Daenerys wouldn't have gotten as far without those dragons, she would've died 2, 3, 4 times by now, hell she never would've even gotten to Meereen, she never would've gotten the unsullied army, she'd have been killed very quickly.

Tyrion, on the other hand, has gotten as far as he has because of his skill with his mind and his tongue, he's smart, he knows how to talk and to play into what people want as opposed to what HE wants, he convinces them that he and they want the same thing and thats why there are sometimes agreements.

He'd be a better king then Robert, Jon won't make the best king, because no Southerners are going to support him, the North is very very loyal to their king, the south, not so much, the north hardly even HAS a Game of Thrones, whereas its incredibly prominent in the south. He's also a bastard.

None of these people know Daenerys, but its looking like she is ****in crazy, she will just go full Aerys on everyone and anyone, and its already starting even though shes as young as she is.

Tyrion KNOWS people, he's smart enough to know what they do and do not want, he'd by the type to openly speak to people, walk among the streets, enjoy women, but also keep everything in check.

Can you really say Tyrion being the hand during Season 2 is THAT MUCH DIFFERENT from being a King in the long run?

When Tyrion was a hand in both Meereen and Westeros, he was fantastic at both.
On top of that, the dragons like him, I'm not sure even close to as much as Daenerys, but if she happens to die, I see him as the best person to take up their reins.

He knows how to deal with criminals, he knows how to talk to noble houses, he knows how to appease the people, actually he knows how to appease people in general.

Sure he's a dwarf, but, and don't ask me why, I can see people reading up on the Battle of Blackwater Bay and seeing how Tyrion fought with the Lannister troops on the field, killing full grown men in single combat or whatever.

I just think it'd matter to them, if even a little. Tyrion never seems too afraid of battle.

I could see Jon and Tyrion coming to a mutual agreement that Daenerys has to die at some point, maybe for something she did, she went overboard.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 10:09 AM
Arachnid1

He inspired a bunch of Mountain Clans to fight for him and with them.

He inspired the doomed and desperate men, who were literally hopeless and with a few words Tyrion talked to them and convinced them. He has the best morals, Daenerys wouldn't have gotten as far without those dragons, she would've died 2, 3, 4 times by now, hell she never would've even gotten to Meereen, she never would've gotten the unsullied army, she'd have been killed very quickly.

Tyrion, on the other hand, has gotten as far as he has because of his skill with his mind and his tongue, he's smart, he knows how to talk and to play into what people want as opposed to what HE wants, he convinces them that he and they want the same thing and thats why there are sometimes agreements.

He'd be a better king then Robert, Jon won't make the best king, because no Southerners are going to support him, the North is very very loyal to their king, the south, not so much, the north hardly even HAS a Game of Thrones, whereas its incredibly prominent in the south. He's also a bastard.

None of these people know Daenerys, but its looking like she is ****in crazy, she will just go full Aerys on everyone and anyone, and its already starting even though shes as young as she is.

Tyrion KNOWS people, he's smart enough to know what they do and do not want, he'd by the type to openly speak to people, walk among the streets, enjoy women, but also keep everything in check.

Can you really say Tyrion being the hand during Season 2 is THAT MUCH DIFFERENT from being a King in the long run?

When Tyrion was a hand in both Meereen and Westeros, he was fantastic at both.
On top of that, the dragons like him, I'm not sure even close to as much as Daenerys, but if she happens to die, I see him as the best person to take up their reins.

He knows how to deal with criminals, he knows how to talk to noble houses, he knows how to appease the people, actually he knows how to appease people in general.

Sure he's a dwarf, but, and don't ask me why, I can see people reading up on the Battle of Blackwater Bay and seeing how Tyrion fought with the Lannister troops on the field, killing full grown men in single combat or whatever.

I just think it'd matter to them, if even a little. Tyrion never seems too afraid of battle.

I could see Jon and Tyrion coming to a mutual agreement that Daenerys has to die at some point, maybe for something she did, she went overboard.
He promised the mountain clans rewards. Not much inspiration involved there. The Blackwater soldiers were abandoned and would have likely followed anyone. Bronn followed him for money too, and even he cut Tyrion loose the second things got too hairy. He thought Shae stuck with him for love but she cut him loose the second she was promised a better reward. Tyrion made it as far as he has in Westeros on a combination of smarts, his family name, and his families riches. There's more to leading than just being smart. Varys is smart too. Should he be king? Neither have half the presence or charisma Jaime does, which is why Tyrion would lead better from behind as the hand. The King can make choices but he's still mostly just a figurehead being lead and counseled by others, and that figure needs to command respect, which Tyrion honestly doesn't.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 02:12 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Those dragons need to eat her. She's annoying.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 07:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

He promised the mountain clans rewards. Not much inspiration involved there. The Blackwater soldiers were abandoned and would have likely followed anyone. Bronn followed him for money too, and even he cut Tyrion loose the second things got too hairy. He thought Shae stuck with him for love but she cut him loose the second she was promised a better reward. Tyrion made it as far as he has in Westeros on a combination of smarts, his family name, and his families riches. There's more to leading than just being smart. Varys is smart too. Should he be king? Neither have half the presence or charisma Jaime does, which is why Tyrion would lead better from behind as the hand. The King can make choices but he's still mostly just a figurehead being lead and counseled by others, and that figure needs to command respect, which Tyrion honestly doesn't.
I promise I'm not trying to be rude when I say this, but it seems like you haven't watched the show.

The Mountain Clans respected Tyrion after he gave them their little pep talk, the men at Blackwater were almost completely ignoring him until he said the right things, like I'm supposed to believe Joffrey could come up with something better, should he had chosen to lead them himself? On top of that I imagine it'd be incredibly motivating watching Tyrion the Imp, their leader, fighting alongside them and taking down full-grown men in single combat.

Shae absolutely loved Tyrion, and Tyrion loved her, but due to his responsibilities with Sansa, he had to end it harshly, she didn't do it due to new trinkets, but merely because Tyrion dropped her and called her a whore, granted, not defending Shae, but to say that there was no love and that she was motivated by wealth or something else is just flat-out wrong.

Yes, considering the Mountain Clans wanted better rewards, but thats what Tyrion's good at, figuring out what people want, and being able to join what they want with what HE wants, he's extremely good at that, especially in Westeros where he knows the people, and the houses, Varys as the hand, literally not a single thing could go wrong, Tyrion would have a tight-knit circle, with already one of the smartest men ever as the Hand, and someone in the top 5 on the throne. He would know what every house wanted.

The only reason I can think as to why Tyrion couldn't be a good king, is because 1. he helped a Usurper. 2. his little speech back in season 4 "I should've let Stannis kill you all." yeahhhhh... 3. No one will take him seriously, his power will come into question, you're right, but the world is likely to be much more peaceful then before because of Tyrion, he knows politics, he knows warfare, he can fight somewhat, he is the most morally-in-check character in the entire series, and he's not stupid like Jon, or incredibly impulsive and merciless like Dany.

We've also seen what happens when someone has tried to cross him, he punishes them the right way, not like how Robb punished Karstark, not a slap on the wrist but not a cakewalk either, just enough to let them know they seriously ****ed up while keeping them alive so they'll live to spread around that Tyrion is not to be ****ed with.

Imagine all the wrongs that would be righted with Tyrion as the King, all the people that would be saved, some rules that have been around for hundreds of years, broken because Tyrion think's they're strange, cruel, or outdated, and changing them or tweaking them because it'd be for the betterment of mankind, which is the thing he and Varys care about very much.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 12:07 AM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

it could be said that parlay and brokering concession is a sign of a really great leader. tyrion is a political leader ann somewhat a military leader now too. toss in his economic leadership and if he could sprinkle in more social stuff without causing war he's a shoe in on paper

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 03:03 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by staxamillion
it could be said that parlay and brokering concession is a sign of a really great leader. tyrion is a political leader ann somewhat a military leader now too. toss in his economic leadership and if he could sprinkle in more social stuff without causing war he's a shoe in on paper
Yeah, thats how I see it.

He's made awful decisions LATELY, but as a whole he's been a wonderful Hand, and the hand usually has almost as much power as the King anyway, naturally he'd take place in small council meetings being who he is.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 01:33 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I promise I'm not trying to be rude when I say this, but it seems like you haven't watched the show.

The Mountain Clans respected Tyrion after he gave them their little pep talk, the men at Blackwater were almost completely ignoring him until he said the right things, like I'm supposed to believe Joffrey could come up with something better, should he had chosen to lead them himself? On top of that I imagine it'd be incredibly motivating watching Tyrion the Imp, their leader, fighting alongside them and taking down full-grown men in single combat.

Shae absolutely loved Tyrion, and Tyrion loved her, but due to his responsibilities with Sansa, he had to end it harshly, she didn't do it due to new trinkets, but merely because Tyrion dropped her and called her a whore, granted, not defending Shae, but to say that there was no love and that she was motivated by wealth or something else is just flat-out wrong.

Yes, considering the Mountain Clans wanted better rewards, but thats what Tyrion's good at, figuring out what people want, and being able to join what they want with what HE wants, he's extremely good at that, especially in Westeros where he knows the people, and the houses, Varys as the hand, literally not a single thing could go wrong, Tyrion would have a tight-knit circle, with already one of the smartest men ever as the Hand, and someone in the top 5 on the throne. He would know what every house wanted.

The only reason I can think as to why Tyrion couldn't be a good king, is because 1. he helped a Usurper. 2. his little speech back in season 4 "I should've let Stannis kill you all." yeahhhhh... 3. No one will take him seriously, his power will come into question, you're right, but the world is likely to be much more peaceful then before because of Tyrion, he knows politics, he knows warfare, he can fight somewhat, he is the most morally-in-check character in the entire series, and he's not stupid like Jon, or incredibly impulsive and merciless like Dany.

We've also seen what happens when someone has tried to cross him, he punishes them the right way, not like how Robb punished Karstark, not a slap on the wrist but not a cakewalk either, just enough to let them know they seriously ****ed up while keeping them alive so they'll live to spread around that Tyrion is not to be ****ed with.

Imagine all the wrongs that would be righted with Tyrion as the King, all the people that would be saved, some rules that have been around for hundreds of years, broken because Tyrion think's they're strange, cruel, or outdated, and changing them or tweaking them because it'd be for the betterment of mankind, which is the thing he and Varys care about very much.

Shae loved Tyrion? Lol, refresh my memory: whose father did she bang?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 01:48 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

He promised the mountain clans rewards.

they should have shown some closure to that arc, even in third party dialogue. in the books, mention is made of the mountain clans becoming way more aggressive and expansive in their raiding, emboldened by their new fine steel weapons. we're just left to assume that they got their weapons as promised, since there are some clansmen in tyrion's service in season 2. then nothing is ever said of them after season 2. i would have also liked to see mord's smile with his new gold teeth. oh well

The Blackwater soldiers were abandoned and would have likely followed anyone.

or likely to flee. there's that. you're acting like pod could have done it.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Aug 25th, 2018 at 02:48 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 02:45 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
they should have shown some closure to that arc, even in third party dialogue. in the books, mention is made of the mountain clans becoming way more aggressive and expansive in their raiding, emboldened by their new fine steel weapons. we're just left to assume that they got their weapons as promised, since there are some clansmen in tyrion's service in season 2. then nothing is ever said of them after season 2. i would have also liked to see mord's smile with his new gold teeth. oh well

or likely to flee. there's that. you're acting like pod could have done it.
Exactly, thats why, at the time, he is the only one besides the king that could have inspired so many frightened men.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 02:52 PM
Jmanghan

She was devastated after she found out Tyrion wanted to be devoted to Sansa, and after Tyrion called her a whore, she felt horribly betrayed.

She loved Tyrion.

She got depressed and paranoid as all hell just in general after finding out about the marriage.

All these re-assurances that he loved her and only her, that he wasn't going to do that, but he had to in the end, but she didn't know that.

I believe it broke her, completely, that she lost all faith in Tyrion, and after that, truly believed she was nothing more then a whore, so she behaved like one.

I really wish Shae and Tyrion had a happy ending, but it honestly could never be. I'm not even sure who Tyrion will end up with now.

She had left King's Landing, and coincidentally came back for his trial, she wanted to hurt him, kill him for what he did to her. I never said she was a good person, but she did love Tyrion.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 03:02 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Shae did love Tyrion. Right up until he sent her away and acted like a shit to make her leave(out of care for her of course but she didn't see that). She got with Tywin out of spite and revenge.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 03:02 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Exactly, thats why, at the time, he is the only one besides the king that could have inspired so many frightened men.

right but that was based on his lineage more so than his rousing speech. if he wasnt a lannister, they probably would have sent him over the mud gate via trebuchet.

:edit: my point is he was lucky/unlucky to to thrown in that position, as most of the tyrion story arc is based on luck/mischance when you stop and think about it

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Aug 25th, 2018 at 03:15 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 03:11 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote