KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones
Started by: Bardock42

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « First ... « 91 92 [93] 94 95 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

it seems that gay men are typically 'all for jamie'

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2019 01:57 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I'm a straight guy, but he is classically handsome. I'm not an un-handsome guy myself but I'd swap looks with him for a day.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2019 02:56 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He looks like your classic generic douche. Definitely doesn't look like a guy who needs to resort to banging his sister.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2019 05:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
I'm a straight guy, but he is classically handsome. I'm not an un-handsome guy myself but I'd swap looks with him for a day.

He really does look like a natural born live action disney prince.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2019 07:13 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still think if you really stare at Arya she looks like an alien.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2019 02:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Terribly stunning?
Well yes, he really is an IRL Disney prince, but mostly just a terrible character. thumb up

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 06:30 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

New trailer:

Old Post Mar 5th, 2019 05:34 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
The series has been terrible since season five.

Seven might have been the worst yet though, but at least Cersei has become so hilariously stupid and unstable she's fun. I shot milk out my nose when she blew up the phucking chapel, holy shit what a babe. laughing out loud

This is Cersei.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2019 06:03 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by NemeBro
Well yes, he really is an IRL Disney prince, but mostly just a terrible character. thumb up
What makes him a terrible character? I get he's had some D&D departures from the book that have led to regressions in terms of his relationship to Cersei but that doesn't seem like enough to throw out everything and declare him terrible. He's still had great development (mostly seasons 1-4; otherwise he's been the same character since 4 unless I'm forgetting a solid amount after the 2 year hiatus). Truely, I'm open to solid arguments. I'm on my rewatch (early season 3) before the last season and he steals every scene he's in. He's been one of the best characters in the show since the first season IMO

PWNT

Old Post Mar 5th, 2019 06:52 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Jaime raping his sister ruined his entire arc.

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
New trailer:

Looks like typical fantasy schlock, there is no doubt this show lost the spark that once made it special. But I enjoy fantasy schlock so I'm still looking forward to it.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2019 07:01 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hah. First thing he does, is push a child to his death. Not really anything to ruin.

Jamie is a conflicted monster who alternates between trying to do the right thing, and slaughtering civilians and innocent bystanders. A bit of rape on another horrible monster (or an innocent) can't ruin that.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2019 08:52 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It’s called a “redemption arc”. He starts off as a villain and progressively becomes less villainous as the series progresses. The show, however, has completely mishandled it

Last edited by ares834 on Mar 5th, 2019 at 09:20 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2019 09:18 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

Jaime was always on the road to redemption, you could always think that he couldwould be better. but yeah he kinda lost that when he just couldn't get over his sis

Old Post Mar 5th, 2019 09:38 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
It’s called a “redemption arc”. He starts off as a villain and progressively becomes less villainous as the series progresses. The show, however, has completely mishandled it

Unless the point of the rape was an intentional "This was never a redemption arc" flag.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2019 09:43 PM
ares834

It doesn't matter if it was intentional or not (it wasn't BTW D&D have stated they didn't consider it rape), it ruins the arc he has in the book.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2019 09:45 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
It doesn't matter if it was intentional or not (it wasn't BTW D&D have stated they didn't consider it rape), it ruins the arc he has in the book.

Ah, I see.

I'll just say this as a Transformers fan: Megatron had an incredible redemption arc in the comics. He stood in a mass grave, and started down a path of regretting everything. Even saved an alternate universe from religious fundamentalists who turned Cybertron into a Primus robot weapon.

If they messed it up, I'd be disappointed too. They didn't.

But at the end, Megatron had to own what he did. I don't think you can really be redeemed from some crimes, and walk away into the sunset. He was still a terrible person, up to the end.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2019 10:04 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

you can thank hbo for the rape. They do love their unnecessary rapings

Old Post Mar 5th, 2019 10:46 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Trailer has me hyped.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2019 10:51 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

I just hope they switch it up from the predictable formula of "Lets just kill all the characters people like lulz"

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 07:36 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Inhuman
I just hope they switch it up from the predictable formula of "Lets just kill all the characters people like lulz"

Seemingly impressive characters surviving, is not necessarily good storytelling; why these guys infallible?

I expect season 8 to surprise me. I hope that it will rectify mistakes of season 7.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 9th, 2019 at 12:19 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 12:15 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote