KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman/Silver Surfer (levels)

Superman/Silver Surfer (levels)
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Superman/Silver Surfer (levels)

(please log in to view the image)

My opinion.
While there is some overlap, and comparisons can/have been made, these characters are the kings of two vastly different powers sets.
One is THE flying brick, the other THE matter/energy manipulator. Each can do things the other cant. So:

1. Do you just plain agree or disagree with my opinion? Please explain.

2. What characters do you think fall into which level?

For example, i wouldnt call Captain Atom a Superman level character, i'd call him a Silver Surfer level character.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 12:18 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: Superman/Silver Surfer (levels)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
One is THE flying brick

Pr will go crazy when he sees this... big grin

thumb up

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 01:26 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Why?

Also: why not (answer my OP questions)?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 01:30 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He views the character as super-intelligent, highly skilled (for HH tier's standards anyway) and so versatile that calling him a flying brick is an insult.

I do agree with you, though. Called him that myself. We see how he operates, there's no denying he'll choose to smash through the wall instead of limiting the collateral damage and surprising the enemy by going temp intangible and appearing behind them, for example.

No, that's a job for Surfer, who regularly displays new powers or finds new uses for his old ones... like treating a moon as his new surfboard.

Flying bricks: Superman, Hyperion & other Super-clones, Namor, Jessica Jones, Ms. Marvel/Classic Rogue...

Basically anyone who prefers to brawl.

Energy manipulators: Surfer, Cap Atom (good choice here), Graviton, Magneto

All super-strong (or can amp themselves to be), but rely on other powers.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 01:47 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thanks, Stilt. thumb up

And, sorry Pr. wink

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 01:53 PM
Pillow Biter

A 'level' is not a 'type'. The former is quantitative; the latter qualitative.

Surfer and Superman are typically on a comparable power level. However, Superman has more crazy highs where he is on perhaps another level.
In terms of 'type', they are of course vastly different.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 02:48 PM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I just love it when people talk for me...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 02:58 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I do to, except when they put words in my mouth.

You can nit pick the wording or answer the spirit of the thread, your call. I know Superman is a touchy subject...for some. wink

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 08:24 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

For me when I think of the term "flying brick" I just think of a super strong guy who can fly. Which Superman is much more then that yes.

The problem with Superman vs Silver Surfer is the Silver Surfer tends to have the powers of a flying brick...added onto a whole list of other stuff having to do with energy manipulation.

You could almost say that Silver Surfer can more or less do anything Superman can..plus a bunch of other shit. Some people really don't like to hear that, but meh.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 08:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I hear you.

Still, a flying brick is what Superman basically is. THE flying brick. With energy projection, super senses, speed...
I dont feel i need to jerk him off any more than that to molify posters here and get some responses.

I'm not looking to put one character over another here, just duscuss the fact that they have different power sets (thanks for your response!), are THE guys of those power sets, and divvy up other characters into their camps.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 08:39 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He is the epitome of it though, so he essentially has a super everything. Super strength, super speed, super senses, super hearing, super whatever.

Superman is the swiss army knife of flying bricks.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 08:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Superman/Silver Surfer (levels)

Exactly.

But again, this isnt the "how great is Superman" thread, there's a whole forum for that.

This is the

(please log in to view the image)

My opinion.
While there is some overlap, and comparisons can/have been made, these characters are the kings of two vastly different powers sets.
One is THE flying brick, the other THE matter/energy manipulator. Each can do things the other cant. So:

1. Do you just plain agree or disagree with my opinion? Please explain.

2. What characters do you think fall into which level?

For example, i wouldnt call Captain Atom a Superman level character, i'd call him a Silver Surfer level character.

Thread.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 08:49 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -Pr-
I just love it when people talk for me...

love

You and me. Tomorrow. Same hotel as usual. K?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 09:43 PM
zom1967

When they where in a Dc/Marvel crossover superman was damed impressed by the Surfer`s ability to restore metropolis to it`s real size.But the surfer never hardly uses his super speed like superman to beat an opponent(the Surfer should be able to rain a 1,000 blows on Thor easy,yet it never happens).Superman seems stronger,the surfer a better energy manipulator.So these two would be an awesome match up,Surfer wins 6/10 only because I`m a Marvel zombie.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 10:03 PM
zom1967 is currently offline Click here to Send zom1967 a Private Message Find more posts by zom1967 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Uh huh.
Not the thread point at all but thanks.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 10:09 PM
zom1967

If you don`t think so you can kiss my ass!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 10:22 PM
zom1967 is currently offline Click here to Send zom1967 a Private Message Find more posts by zom1967 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I could do more than kiss it. I'm a black man with a big dick. I'd make you whistle when you fart. thumb up

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 10:33 PM
zom1967

You like black men with big dicks!Dude you are on the wrong site,I think you are looking for www.riv6672takesitinthebackdoor.com

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 11:19 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Superman/Silver Surfer (levels)

Exactly.

But again, this isnt the "how great is Superman" thread, there's a whole forum for that.

This is the

Thread.

Okay I'm confused because I was agreeing with you about him being THE flying brick and all that. I wasn't just randomly trying to say how awesome Superman is.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 11:28 PM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Captain Atom has Surfers Powers And Superman Level Strength Speed and Durability. At least in Injustice DCnU

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 11:30 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote