KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman/Silver Surfer (levels)

Superman/Silver Surfer (levels)
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zom1967
Thats an interesting point,I would think he could charge his body with the power cosmic so if his board was going near light speed his body movements would speed up so he could still control his board.But I have no proof of this off the top of my head.however with his varied power set i think he could pull it off.

Common sense alone says you're right. Anyone who's ever driven a car knows this.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 04:27 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Didn't surfer KO grimm in the previous issue?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 01:52 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jrodslam
You think so? Surfer isnt known to be the powerhouse slugger. Not saying that he cant be, but its not common for him to be slugging it out with ppl. Thing is no slouch either.

I guess it depends on what happened in their encounter. I have no problem believing Thing is more skilled at hand to hand combat. I just don't really think he would be able to really do any damage. Or at least he shouldn't be able to.

When She-Hulk punched him he kind of just stood there. I realize Thing is stronger then her..but he used to be able to absorb a lot of physical damage.

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 18th, 2016 at 06:25 PM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 06:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
I do to, except when they put words in my mouth.

You can nit pick the wording or answer the spirit of the thread, your call. I know Superman is a touchy subject...for some. wink

Yes, especially the mods.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 06:27 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He views the character as super-intelligent, highly skilled (for HH tier's standards anyway) and so versatile that calling him a flying brick is an insult.

I do agree with you, though. Called him that myself. We see how he operates, there's no denying he'll choose to smash through the wall instead of limiting the collateral damage and surprising the enemy by going temp intangible and appearing behind them, for example.

No, that's a job for Surfer, who regularly displays new powers or finds new uses for his old ones... like treating a moon as his new surfboard.

Flying bricks: Superman, Hyperion & other Super-clones, Namor, Jessica Jones, Ms. Marvel/Classic Rogue...

Basically anyone who prefers to brawl.

Energy manipulators: Surfer, Cap Atom (good choice here), Graviton, Magneto

All super-strong (or can amp themselves to be), but rely on other powers.

Surfer is in his own category, not to further piss of Kalians.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 06:29 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Surfer is supposed to more or less be a pacifist. But the real explanation is just PIS. There are a few times he does use his speed in the way he realistically should, but he doesn't always. But he has just so many ways of dealing with situations I can see why writers don't always have him use it.

If you see how easily he destroys planets with energy, you'd think if he really wanted to he could infuse his body with enough cosmic strength to surpass Superman.

Bingo, please provide some outreach on this matter.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 06:31 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jrodslam
The 2 fights i hated the most in JLU was that one and Supes vs Billy(Shazam).

Cap's punches alone would do decent damage to Superman. Hes in that range. The fact that he amped them to red sun punches shouldve done even more. I cringe everytime i see those fights. Supes didnt even look like he was in battle.

Exactly. The red rays made no difference whatsoever.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 06:36 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Red sun energy didn't sap him as quickly as it does in perhaps the comics. Plus he's f*cking Superman. That is the thing, even weakened he is *still* better then you. Captain Marvel found that out as well. In some ways it was just awesome. I guess because it made up for his being nerfed in the first 2 seasons of the Justice League cartoon.

It's especially hilarious when he beats down Captain Marvel because Cap looks all messed up at the end and Supes only really gets damaged by magic lightning to the chest, but before that even his hair wasn't messed up and Captain Marvel was obviously hurt.

It's how I like to see him written. His best super power is "f*ck you I'm Superman".

Yeah, I don't know WTF that means. Is that like "He's the damn Batman?" I don't speak fanboy. The red rays seemed to be affecting him in the beginning, then the writers said "eff it" in the middle of the fight. More shameless pandering to Superman is all.

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Apr 18th, 2016 at 06:42 PM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 06:38 PM
riv6672

Fun reads, BaV. thumb up

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 08:19 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman is a brick because he hasn't learned the full extent of his powerset. He had TP shapeshifting and EM powers since the early 40s. Strength is his primary power but the concept of his powerset is "human potential".

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 01:40 AM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

roll eyes (sarcastic) wopwopwop laughing

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 05:07 AM
ghostman

roll eyes (sarcastic) wopwopwop laughing

youve made your blatant marvel bias obvious on herochat.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 05:13 AM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I've made my blatant amusement at goofs like you and PG obvious everywhere i go, Goofy McGoofington.

If you keep associating with me, thats on you.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 05:26 AM
ghostman

I've made my blatant amusement at goofs like you and PG obvious everywhere i go, Goofy McGoofington.

If you keep associating with me, thats on you.

oh lord tell me this clown isnt calling somebody a goof with a picture of himself holding a wrestling belt in his signature, PLEASE laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

god youre so corny, im literally getting second hand embarrassment from this. here you are a grown 30 something year old man with a wrestling belt in your sig, calling someone else a goof.......(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 05:51 AM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You know it, Goof.
You're also trying too hard.
And full of shit.
Otherwise you wouldnt be talking to me. Goofs like you cant help but follow me around, which is why i'm awesome and you're not.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 06:01 AM
ghostman

You know it, Goof.
You're also trying too hard.
And full of shit.
Otherwise you wouldnt be talking to me. Goofs like you cant help but follow me around, which is why i'm awesome and you're not.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

calling yourself the best poster of 2015 is full of shit.

also, youre a grown ass man in his 30s playing make believe with a wrestling belt.

you lose son, take your loss and move along, you got checked, end of story.

next time you wanna talk shit make sure you dont a have a picture of yourself holding a childrens wrestling belt in your signature with a dusty faded stained grey shirt. next time you wanna talk shit make sure you dont let people know you watch a bunch of men running around in thongs playing pretend. and please, i dont have to try hard with you, believe me laughing laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 06:11 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Question should be, is Silver Surfer on Superman's level?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 07:14 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^I like someone who steals from the best. wink

Last edited by riv6672 on Apr 19th, 2016 at 10:37 AM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 10:29 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by ghostman
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

calling yourself the best poster of 2015 is full of shit.

also, youre a grown ass man in his 30s playing make believe with a wrestling belt.

you lose son, take your loss and move along, you got checked, end of story.

next time you wanna talk shit make sure you dont a have a picture of yourself holding a childrens wrestling belt in your signature with a dusty faded stained grey shirt. next time you wanna talk shit make sure you dont let people know you watch a bunch of men running around in thongs playing pretend. and please, i dont have to try hard with you, believe me laughing laughing laughing laughing

Well, lets see.
You're a generic poster i wouldnt remember 3 days from now if you never logged on again.
I'm important enough for you to follow on 2 message boards, where your own insecurities make you click on my threads, and respond to my posts, just to tell me how awful i am.

In a medium where not dealing with someone you have issues with is literally as easy as pushing a button...
I come out ahead in every way.
So, by all means please, continue to reply. Entertain me.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 10:37 AM
Genii96

Bump...is surfer a pseudo-reality warper?

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 07:24 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote