KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Shadow of the Colossus vs Ocarina of Time

Shadow of the Colossus vs Ocarina of Time
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Any game where you can climb on the bosses.

I don't want to be that guy but OoT wanted you to climb all over ganon but the hardware couldn't load a boss big enough. OoT best.

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 05:34 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Really, REALLY different games. Both are fantastic. OoT was probably a bigger game and I remember the hype surrounding it was incredible. It blew me away in 1998. That being said Shadow of the Colossus is incredible and one of my all time favorite games too. If I HAD to pick it'd be OoT. But I'll always have fond memories of both.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 4th, 2016 12:25 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Two different games that can't be compared. The features that made each game so great aren't shared.

On innovation alone, shadow of colossus is superior.

Old Post May 7th, 2016 12:42 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

You think SoC was more innovative?

Old Post May 7th, 2016 02:51 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ares834
You think SoC was more innovative?
Probably. It's so innovative that no one makes games like SoC because of how hard it is to make a game like it succeed. A game where there are no normal enemies, only bosses, that succeeds off of the strength of its atmosphere and minimalistic yet very potent narrative. OoT is a very important game, but as a piece of art SoC is honestly superior IMO.

Frankly, SoC has aged considerably better than OoT. OoT's formula has basically been copy and pasted in Zelda and beyond by so many games, and other games have arguably done that formula better.

I can't think of a single other game just like SoC.

Old Post May 7th, 2016 05:18 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by NemeBro
Probably. It's so innovative that no one makes games like SoC because of how hard it is to make a game like it succeed. A game where there are no normal enemies, only bosses, that succeeds off of the strength of its atmosphere and minimalistic yet very potent narrative. OoT is a very important game, but as a piece of art SoC is honestly superior IMO.

Frankly, SoC has aged considerably better than OoT. OoT's formula has basically been copy and pasted in Zelda and beyond by so many games, and other games have arguably done that formula better.

Monster Hunter is like SoTC.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 7th, 2016 06:41 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Monster Hunter is like SoTC.
Uh, no, it's not, lol.

Old Post May 8th, 2016 08:34 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Uh, no, it's not, lol.
Yes it is.

You said "There's nothing thats really like it, where the enemies are only bosses".

Answer = Monster Hunter.

Old Post May 8th, 2016 09:02 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Yes it is.

You said "There's nothing thats really like it, where the enemies are only bosses".

Answer = Monster Hunter.
So what, did you just stop reading my post after "bosses".

Also, this is patently untrue. There are, in fact, normal enemies in MH, like the varieties of raptor and insect enemies.

The games are only similar in the sense that both feature big monsters that you can kill. You don't even kill them the same way.

Old Post May 8th, 2016 09:20 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

OoT.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on May 10th, 2016 at 02:49 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2016 02:47 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Isn't the fact SOOOO many games want to be OoT a testament to how much better it is though?

Old Post May 21st, 2016 11:31 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Isn't the fact SOOOO many games want to be OoT a testament to how much better it is though?
There are a lot of games that wanted to be SoTC, Dragon's Dogma, Monster Hunter, pretty much any game that you can climb bosses in after it came out.

Tbh, in my opinion, Dragon's Dogma got the closest though.

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 02:07 AM