KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Legionaires Vs Heralds

Legionaires Vs Heralds
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Legionaires Vs Heralds

(please log in to view the image)

No prep.
No BFR.
You can use any LoSH line up thats AFTER Crisis and BEFORE New52.
No team can include Superman or Supergirl (as i dont want this to become a Superman thread).

Heralds line up is:
Silver Surfer
Gabriel the Air-Walker (Robot)
Gabriel the Air-Walker (live)
Firelord
Destroyer
Terrax the Tamer
Nova
Morg the Executioner
Red Shift
Stardust
Prater

Can the smaller Hersld line up beat a literal legion?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 11:16 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Matter Eater Lad eats them all.

*chomp*

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 11:20 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Matter Eater Lad eats them all.

*chomp*

I started a MeL vs Ultron thread here once. Where were you when i needed you?!?

But really, you got nothin' on this one? Is it too close to call?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 11:47 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

The Legion destroys them.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 12:35 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Too much of a numbers game, eh? I thought it might be. Thanks, abhi.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 01:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm actually not so sure. A lot of the Legion will be canon fodder here. I would ask whoever thinks the Legion can win exactly who they think from the Legion are going to be the ones taking out most of the heralds?

If this was the pre crisis Legion I'd say they win handily, but post crisis? I don't know.

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 19th, 2016 at 03:07 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 03:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Those are things i was hoping would get talked about.
I cant deny just pure numbers might do it of course. The lower tier characters can all serve to set up the higher ones.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 06:45 PM
the Darkone

The destroyer can even things out, he's by far more powerful than the heralds and with his disintegration beam which can kill gods

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 09:03 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I was thinking Morg, too. He had something called the well of life, right?
The Legion has magic users that might offset that though i guess.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 09:12 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Tough call. As stated above, many of the Legion would be cannon fodder without prep. Brainy is a pretty dangerous opponent with prep. Mon-El, Cosmic Boy, Ultra Boy, Blok, and Dawnstar wouldn't be enough IMO. The rest are just fodder ready to be BFR'd, or outright killed by Morg and Terrax. As for Matter Eater Lad, I'm not completely convinced that he would be capable of dealing with all of the Heralds. I'm sure I've missed something, so if anyone knows something that I don't I can easily be convinced otherwise.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 10:26 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah, i can and do see this going either way. Numbers and raw power.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 05:03 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Mon-el
Superboy
Supergirl
Thunder
Ultraboy
Wildfire
Sensorgirl
Element lad
XS
Cosmic Boy (and IIRC his brother was also a member)
Block
White/black witch

These guys alone can give that list of heralds a bloody hard time.sensor girl can literaly xeprive them of their senses or make them see what she wants. She can make an illusion a "new reality".

When you add in Sunboy, lightning lad and Lass, KK, starboy, Phantom girl and Polarboy who can all at lease distract or occupy any herald so that the heavy hitters take out others fast/er. I'd say its a forgone conclusion

Even the fodder can destract enough to ensure victory

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 08:47 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

I say pc kk solos. Yeau no pc in the op but meh.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 09:03 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by beatboks

Superboy

Which Superboy? I didnt specifically state it in the OP but by omitting Supergirl and Superman i meant Boy, too. My bad for being vague.
Conner Superboy i have no problem with though.

And i agree with you on the lower tier characters, like i said earlier.

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

Brilliant!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 10:40 AM
basilisk

Originally posted by beatboks
Mon-el
Superboy
Supergirl
Thunder
Ultraboy
Wildfire
Sensorgirl
Element lad
XS
Cosmic Boy (and IIRC his brother was also a member)
Block
White/black witch

These guys alone can give that list of heralds a bloody hard time.sensor girl can literaly xeprive them of their senses or make them see what she wants. She can make an illusion a "new reality".

When you add in Sunboy, lightning lad and Lass, KK, starboy, Phantom girl and Polarboy who can all at lease distract or occupy any herald so that the heavy hitters take out others fast/er. I'd say its a forgone conclusion

Pre-Crisis is probably a given, but excluding that version the list above (removing Superboy/girl) plus KK still has numbers, power, and versatility. But I think the Legion will need to rely heavily on the heavy hitters and magic users to win through. I don't know how Saturn Girl would go, she is powerful but these are heralds. I also think MEL might be needed to take out Destroyer if some other members can get him close enough.

On the herald side Destroyer, Morg, and Surfer will be trouble. No Fallen One though.

Without Morg and Destroyer I'd say stronger Legion lineups would win out. But with them it's tough to pick.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 10:57 AM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

He wouldnt solo. I mean come on he can only turn their moves against them. He cant do that to several at once. He's never taken on more than 1 heavy hitter solo.

Still any of the 12 I listed could take on one of the heralds and at least hold their own (in the case of some like Black Witch can't think of a single Herald she cant beat). Taking those odds even without the full weight of the LoSH 50+ memebers more than leans the outcome their way

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 11:14 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Actually Brainiac might also tip this the Legion's way for me, since the heralds don't exactly have a lot of brains on their side.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 12:02 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Brainiac's best with prep, though.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 12:09 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by riv6672
Which Superboy? I didnt specifically state it in the OP but by omitting Supergirl and Superman i meant Boy, too. My bad for being vague.
Conner Superboy i have no problem with though.

And i agree with you on the lower tier characters, like i said earlier.

Brilliant!

I'll be honest, I completely missed the part about No superman (not that I consider superMAN part of the LoSH).

Still that simply makes the numbers of herald level character on both sides even (given Black witch can probabaly take two of them).

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 12:26 PM
riv6672

No sweat, just didnt want to go on a tangent i was specifically hoping to avoid.
I like what i'm hearing about this Black Witch though. Only know of her in passing, gotta do some research.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 12:32 PM