KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » my story

my story
Started by: Dexx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dexx
wingless

my story

Well..i've written this at the end of last year. So..this section is good for posting it. It's not finished, though.....i'm thinking if to continue it or not.
here it is..

Old Post May 28th, 2003 07:11 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

very good dexx;
though a tad short wink

Old Post May 28th, 2003 07:12 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

Tia is running as fast as she can. The coldness of the night affects her performance. Voices are heard closer and closer to her perception. She chose this, running, over a fight seconds ago. A few more meters, a turn and there it is: the sound of a blaster changes her whole face expression. The orange fiery blast whistles an inch from her right ear. Her instincts serve her well and the next two shots are a bit less dangerous, though she knows that has nothing to do with her skills in manipulating the force. Her running seems easier all of a sudden.
The pursuiters aim considerably worse due to their running, and the female saboteur is gainig distance. One of them raises a comlink:
“post three, cover the front! We’re loosing her. Over”
Tia can now see a shading figure far in front of her. He seems to be fighting another group of men. Post three she assumes, allowing herself a grin.
His green lightsaber blade cuts through the black uniform of the attacker chauterising the wound as it goes through. One opens fire and soon, so do the others but the first one drops on the ground with a smoking whole in his head. The jedi’s moves are large, fluid. Another one falls taken in the shoulder. His deflected bolts are more than accurate. The rest seem a little more reserved in their approach and sieze their weapons from firing.
“Flee back to your bosses!” says the saber weilder “your pathetic attempts will be of no good tonight”
The effect of his grave tone is visible over them. Still, one charges forward, shooting. His hand is whiped clean off his elbow just before his head shares the same fate. The others run to the coming reinforcements.
Tia soon joins him having oppened her saber.
“Master Jutz!” she yells “there are more coming…b…behind me”
“let’s go!” says Jutz “too many of them”.
They fastly make their way cutting through the compound surrounding fence. The followers stop there. “they were jedi…two of them”
“did you get it?”, the master asks Tia continuing their escape
“right here” she says revealing a small silvery tube under her dark brown robe.

The shuttle bursts from hyperspace lowering it’s thrust, controlling it’s approach to the huge planet. The pilot searches for a suitable place to land engaging his repulsrolifts to max.
“Rev, what coordinates were those? I’m having trouble classiffying this system.”
“it’s not charted” answers Rev “I’ve worked my ass to get the whereabouts of this place. I’m sure it’s not found in any database.” He watches the perplexed faces of the other three members of his crew. Indeed the planet wasn’t charted. He had to pay a great deal of money even to confirm his suspicion that it exists. And then a series of jobs followed that earned him the confidence and the material possesions wich made findig this location possible. He has worked with this crew before and knew they were trusted for the job.
“what do you mean it’s not charted? It has to be”
“check for yourself.“
The man joggles on a few displays and touchpads trying to find something worthy of an explanation. They had access to detailed archives restricted to civillians. Someone had to find it till now. And it’s bloody huge too he thinks. Why would someone cover it? – the question everyone thinks of. It has no strategic position or apparent tech development. The map shows nothing at the planet’s coordinates.
“indeed, deep space should be here but that doesn’t clear out much. I see here we’re in the far outer rim. East of the belkadan and Helska system”
Rev aprooves.
“Why are we here?” the pilot asks again after a short pause.
They look at him with an odd expression. The answer is the same every time.
“to do what we always do, dig”
A short static entrerupts their conversation and the crew approaches the comlink.
“arch team 1, we’re just entering atmosphere now. Talk to you down. Over”
“roger that, arch 1” answers the pilot just before setting the ship down. “we have visual contact.”
Roola Seki, the female Twi’lek of the arch 2 is rather impacient but the curiosity is evident on her face, as on all the other.
“so when do we get an update on what we’re doing here and why?”
“soon Roola, soon. Our discoveries here can be of great importance if my informations are correct. Plus, money will easy come out of this.” The sparks in his eyes combined with his eagerness scared her a bit. When he hired them, he told them nothing of where they were going. Rev being a known archeolog and a mad collectioanar of antiquities, they assumed they’re going to help reveal something for his personal interest.
Researching in archeological domains is something they’ve always been hired to do.

Old Post May 28th, 2003 07:13 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

“what do you mean she got away?”, the obviously furious leader shouts. “are you aware of the value of what she managed to lay her hands on?”he asks. Traces of desperation are evident on his face. The small tube grabbed by the female jedi contained location data disks of their organisation’s network in all of the mid rim.
One of the military man steps forward “there were two of them sir, two jedi”
“you were twenty…and you have casualties!!!”
“sir, they were jedi”
The loss of capable men due to lack of organisation angered him more.
“silence! Incompetent fools, are we dependant on the jedi’s good will? Can any two jedi come and walk out of here? Be gone!”
His end in this area is imminent if the disks drop into the wrong hands, and he is sure they will.
As the men spread from their angered leader a ship is seen taking off not far from the fence they’ve just gone through.
“sir! sir! it’s them, look!”
They watch it’s increasing speed approach.
“ok Tia, at my mark”
Two small metal cylinders drop from the moving ship, a few meters from eachother.
Jutz admires the view in the Pony Lancer’s cockpit as the ship breaks the atmosphere.
The sonar explosions whiped the whole compound by his measurements. The special building designed detonators have a huge shockwave extension area. He can feel the life draining from the place.
After plugging the coordinates for hyper space, he sits back on his seat as the ship reaches lightspeed. The small cruiser has been their trusted ship for about 6 years. Modiffied from it’s original version, the Pony Lancer sustains twice as much as it’s first weaponry and considerable upgrades to the hull integrity. State of the art upgrades weren’t a problem at their current winnings. It’s sleek design suffered no modiffications.
“your first entry alone” says Jutz “you did good”
“I couldn’t have finished it master, they would’ve gotten me at the end. I don’t know if I am able to perform these tasks yet”
Jutz glases at her
“you just did child, you retrieved the object as I instructed. The payment will be rewarding, Vince always kept his end of the bargain.”
“it just didn’t turn out as I would’ve immagined” the padawan says.
“it almost never does, Tia. You have plenty of time to learn that. Don’t worry too much…the force guides everybody.”
Tia’s abillities were stronger than hew would’ve ever expected at this stage. Her mentor’s words were always reassuring.

The female twi’lek, Rola, rests laying back on a strange entangled formation resembling a big tree. She wanted to save some time chatching her breath after unloading the equipment from the ships along with the others. Her Lekku are slightly swinging from side to side, sign of unrest. She has been loosing her focus abillity since approaching this world. It hapenned before but not quite this visible.
Rev is on a hill to her right doing some analysis on the atmosphere and the strange ground formations.
The air is breathable though oddly colder than the actual temperature.
“we set up camp before nightfall” he shouts after seeing only two of his crew installing tents.
Roola approaches Lin Bellar, a massive zabrak in charge of atmospheric conditions and wildlife controll. He seems so absorbed by his research that he doesn’t even hear her entering his just rised tent
“found anything special?”
The man continues his fast manouvering on the displays.
“nothing too shocking” he says “minor life forms so far. Indicates show no major crowds in the area, I guess we don’t have to worry about settlements for now.” He pauses. “just something about the atmospheric pressure”
“what about it?”
“it’s way higher than I expected and I’m having trouble explaining it. The planet has no moons and the distance from the sun is within acceptable parameters. I took the planet’s gravitational force in to consideration also.”
Roola Seki peeks at the monitors. She’s not good at this kind of research. The flashing digits and graphics mean mostly nothing to her.
“Rev seems oddly familiar with this place. I doubt this is news to him.”
“indeed it’s not” says Rev smiling. A childish joy engulfs him realising he managed to sneak into the tent without being heard.
“I’ve been here once, before I assembled this expedition. I had to confirm my information.”
Lin walks over to another instrument in need of attention.
“any explanation on that pressure?”
“no, I found it strange too, but it doesn’t seem serious enough to interfere with our studies.”
Rev moves to a nearby computer plugging the new gathered data.
“my associate, Gor Bootha will be arriving in a couple of days. Try to find out whatever you can till then. He has vast knowledges about what relics we might find here.” He turns to the two crewmen again. “I want to know about to know about whatever might endanger our research before he arrives, so that we can begind what we came here for then.”
“What kind of relics?” Lin asks.
“these are ancient sith sites Mr. Bellar” Rev proudly answers. “I immagine there will be more than interesting relics” he adds before parting for more readings.
The two scientists are austonished by the news. Any trained hystorian is aware of the Sith appearances throughout time. However incomplete and few as they may be.
“I think I’ll go do some scouting while I can still see out there” says Roola exiting the tent.
She suddenly pays a lot more attention to what she steps on.
Siths – the great mystery of the galaxy. Curiosity was burning inside her as she grabs a path and follows it, wherever it may lead.

Old Post May 28th, 2003 07:13 PM
Dexx
wingless

The ship makes her way slowly to the docking bay. Tia likes watching the many layers of vehicles on Nar Shaddaa. She finds it comforting. Technologically advaced and crowded planets like this one and Coruscant were making her feel protected in a way, harder to find. Her quiet personality connects with places of this sort.
The receptionist stops her fast typing checking the buzz on he pannel
“sir, the jedi are here”
“what jedi?”asks Vince “ooh, Jutz. So soon? Invite them in” he gets up from the table and heads for the main door.
Vince was the main employer of the two. A massive, imposing besalisk, he build his status here from almost nothing. Backed by his market speculation talent and a great deal of luck he came to work for an influent business man. In one year of very impressive results he was chairman of the company. Impressed by their first jobs for him, Vince kept them working almost constantly. Jedi skills are always welcomed he thought. Especially at this scale of experience.
Jutz and Tia had only not compleeted one job. The empire was acting there without a warning and continuing their advancement would’ve been dangerous. Above the payment, wich Vince assured as arranged, they were friends for some time. They overcomed the employer-epmloyee relation. Both were getting what they want from eachother and it was working fine.
“Jutz, Tia. I wasn’t expecting you till tomorrow”, he says finishing his byte
Jutz smiles
“I knew you were too worried for us, Vince. We left as soon as the job was done”
“worried for my two best hitmans? Always” he sketches a grin. “come, join me for dinner. Two more plates!”
A servant rushes to get them while Vince retreats to his seat.
“I understand you got it”
“right here” says Tia placing the small tube on his desk.
“and the compound?”
“gone” says Jutz cutting him short. “I assume half of the Malastare heard the explosion”
Vince’s big brow face is visibly relieved. He’s been wanting to eliminate the stick in his wheels on malastare. Noticeable actions there interfered with his proffit.
“my friends, you have no ideea how much trouble you’ve saved me. The rest of the credits are your account now and the two 7.3 containers will be loaded to your vessel on your way out.”
The jedi master grins
“as we agreed”
Vince’s office was largely spaced. This was the best placed room in the building for viewing the golden sunsets through the skyscrapping buildings. It reminded him of his childhood. It reminded Tia of something too. Her homeworld, Endor. She hadn’t been there since Jutz found her and took her under his wing when she was barely half his height. Tia was gratefull she didn’t have to witness the Battle of Endor while on the planet.
The memory of that place soon triggers others. She had nothing waiting for her on Endor, especially with her social status. Her mentor was on a mission there leading a few others when he stumbelled upon her and realised her potential. She’ll never truly know why he took her with him. Though not too confident on herself, Tia’s forces have been forged and raffined. Jutz always considered her more than a worthy follower.
“listen..”Vince continues. “I might have another job for you if you’re interested.”
The master wasn’t thinking of a vacation after the mission they’ve just finished. Still, the resources gathered from the past few jobs were more than enough to afford them a break. He was planning for some time on Dantooine dedicated to their extension in the knowledge of the force, a training time. Tia was making noticeable progresses and her master wanted to monitorise them, to guide her evolution.
His current link to his padawan gave him no indication of her having something against another mission. Maybe this one will strenghten her confidence in her powers.
“so tell us more”, he urges Vince
“it’s nothing serious” the besalisk answers. “consider it a recreation from the last one. It’s a bodyguard job for an archeolog researcher”
Bodyguard jobs were among the easiest the two jedi had taken so far and Jutz knew that very well. The thought of Tia doing this one on her own crossed the master’s mind.
“these scientists..”Vince continues “…are not targets. But he would feel safer this way. And I owe him a favour for this thing he shared an oppinion on so I said I may find someone. You two well deserve some time out and I reckon this is just the thing. He payes very well for your services.”
Tia who has been very quiet till now intervenes
“and why does he need security all of a sudden?”
A small monitor rises in the middle of the desk at vince’s command.
“He’s travelling long distance.”he says touching a few buttons. “I can’t find where exactly, he probably didn’t mention. I just know it’s somewhere in the outer rim. This guy leads no shortage of cash. That’s why he can afford jedi, he’ll be even providing ships for..”
“oh, we’ll use our own” Jutz cuts in
The old classic desk cracks a small noise under the massive besalisk’s weight when he bends over it. All of his four arms tend towards Jutz.
“I take it you accept the job?”
“it sounds like easy money”
“that deffenetly is” says Vince tapping them on the shoulder after walking to them.
“look, Jutz…I know you’ve been planning that trip on Dantooine. I can always find someone else for a bodyguard job…it’s your choice.”
The jedi master is calm in assuring him the easy job is welcomed.
“I wasn’t planning that trip now. Besides..as you describe it we’re being well payed to do nothing”
Tia knew he doesn’t actually mean those last words. She saw a terrible disturbance on his force flow just moments ago without knowing why.
Her mentor’s attunance to the force was near the strongest she had ever seen in a jedi and she fully trusted his senses.
Vince lays back on his seat pushing the small monitor down.
“as you wish. He’ll contact you to arrange the details.”
The two make their way out in the main lobby.
“we’ll be waiting” adds Jutz
They find three rodians loading the 7.3 containers into the Pony Lancer.
A ramp slowly slides from the ship allowing the jedi to reach the cockpit.
“what’s in the containers master?”
“dorphammol”he says engaging the repulsorlifts”I know a proffitable place to sell and it’s good having some cash around.”
The back engines of the cruiser ignite with a pressed green-blue fire.
Their headquarters was too, on Nar Shaddaa, slightly on the toher side. They were staying there as long as they were working for Vince, in an indirect way. A few benneffits and privilledges were involved since their friend employer had that high degree in the planet’s society.
Jutz supervises the too well known operation once more.
“Master” says Tia. ”I felt a disturbance around you in the office, is it rel..”
“yes..something related with the job. It’s very unclear, still something’s wrong about this.” the experimented master answers.
“perhaps something about the location, I’m still not certain…” his face is considerably worried “I shall mediate on it”

Old Post May 28th, 2003 07:14 PM
Dexx
wingless

Stillness and quietness describe best the arch camp at night fall.
Rev, Lin and most of the other members are in the main camp tent discussing their gathered data and trying to explain the ocasional strange fenomenons. All the looks move on Roola Seki as she bursts in there barely able to breath. She falls down exhausted trying to say something.
“a set…tl……….a settlement..”
“what?”
Lin Bellar quickly get’s up and approaches her.
“that can’t be..i double checked the surroundings. Thermals showed nothing.”
The female twi’lek manages to bable a few more words.
“it…it’s there, I sa…….saw it.” She slowly gets up still not able to catch her breath. “come…I’ll take you”
Rev comes from a computer almost not believing the just seen information.
“thermals show something now Mr. Bellar”
The zabrak rushes at the instrument
“this can’t be….two hours ago…”
“doesn’t matter now” Rev cuts in “grab the rifles and let’s go”
He looks at the two scientist standing in the far right: The bothans Taj Kru’usk and Jally O’ort.
“you two, stay here. Tell the others where we are”
Roola leads the way through the same path she went alone last time. Crushed vegetation under her feet indicate the way. With them is Verb Rehmin, a human from the arch1 ship. His massive body conffers him a bigger size compared to the others. He’ll be ready for combat before shooting anything that might endanger the team. They’ve been walking for some time and the others are becoming unpacient.
“why’d you stray so far from the camp?”asks Lin
The Twi’lek ignores the question fastening her pace
“there!…over that hill” she shouts rushing to it.
All of them check their rifles soon before they approach the spot.
Rev is the first one to look around.
“where is it?”
“there, in the far left” shouts Roola hurrying behind him. Her face changes from excitement to shock seeing nothing but deep jungle where 15 minutes ago was a lighted settlement.
“where?” the others ask soon afterwards.
Roola falls on her knees still staring at the wild darkenned jungle.“I don’t understand…it was right there…some sort of a village”
Lin, the last to arrive on the hill finds this unbelivable.
“I’m not lying, it was here. Rev, you saw the thermals…uncontestable” says the Twi’lek with a dissappointed tone.
“I did, no doubt there….Lin, check the instruments for malfunctions as soon as we hit the camp.”
The tired crew sits on the ground recharging their strenght for a run back at their tents. Dissappointment can be read on anyone’s face, especially Rev’s.
Lin stands up slowly starting to walk
“let’s go..i haven’t gone that far with wildlife research…who knows what’s lurking in these shades”
Point taken. The others quickly rise and start their descend to the base.
Roola Seki strayed a little behind thinking about what could’ve hapenned.
“I’ll go there tomorrow morning. I have to see with my own eyes what’s there. If they left perhaps they left something behind.”
“yeah…we’ll assmble a team first thing in the morning. Somehow I don’t think it’s just a thermal reading malfunction.” Says Rev urging her to keep up with the rest. “we have to do some more scouting anyway” he adds.
Her lekku are now swinging iregularry. She’s having focus problems again. Could the settlement have been just an immagination? That questions only strenghtens her head acke. A goodnight sleep will probably make her feel different in the morning.

A small sound announces an incoming call.
The communication finds Jutz and Tia practicing their saber fighting, hers mostly. Slow slashes and parries are predominant. The speed of the fight evolves until they are engulfed in a flow of perfect syncronised movements. Showers of sparks combined with the blue and green colours of the two blades put up one hell of a show.
Jutz increases the difficulty of his offense, testing his padawan’s responses. His graduate attacks stop letting her do the offense now. The master studies her attacks. Improovements are noticeable every time, now included. They have never injured eachother during trainings of this sort. The master evolved to controll his swings perfectly and his pupil was fairly keeping up.
“yes Vince..what is it?” asks Jutz approaching the small screen on the wall.
“Jutz..nice to see you still in shape” he answers with a slight smile “your employer, Gor Bootha will be waiting for you on orbit in 2 hours. I’m sending the coordinates now.”
The master grabs a towell whiping the swet off his face. Trainings used to be a lot less demanding. Age has yet a word on his performace.
“listen, I’m only sending Tia on this one. Tell them to land and pick her up”
Amaizingly enough Vince doesn’t sound too surprised.
“as you wish, I’m sure she’ll do more then a fine job” he says “half of the payment is in your account…quite some fat credits you two’ve been catching lately I should think, no?”
The besalisk grins
“everything is in order then” says Jutz more or less minding that last remark. “I’ll get to you when she returns”
“we’ll keep in touch” adds Vince shorly before the monitor turns black.
Tia approaches him with her just turned off saber.
“master, I’m honoured you think I’m able to perform my first job alone.”
“an answer worthy of my expectations. You are more then ready for this one. I’m sure you won’t encounter any problems”
She finds a good time to just look for once at her master. His always black robe seems too tired. She reminds herself of Jutz never telling her anything about him, his homeworld, his way of life before stumbling upon her. It all remayned a big mystery. Tia never dared to ask. Her mentor always taught her to try and bend things only if they lead to her own interest. Questions like these would be outside those barriers of need. She didn’t even ask about his sudden change of plans knowing he would probably tell her when he felt it’s necessarry.
Jutz has been very concerned lately, a state in wich Tia had never seen him. His meditations were longer and deeper but not in the sense she expected. Perhaps he felt something beyond her not yet developped senses.

A lamda class shuttle lands on the docking platform in front of the jedi’s headquarters.
The Jedi master and his padawan approach the imperial ship.
You don’t see much of those anymore… they think.
Gor Bootha introduces himself soon after he gets off the ship.
An unusual strong wind is present, accentuated by the low level repulsorlifts on wich the ship is probably fased.
“Jutz Solon” says the master shaking his hand “my padawan will be escorting you as promissed”
“yes, your fellow basilisk told me about the change of staff. Ofcourse, a jedi is more then enough for what I expect I should encounter.” He looks at Tia once more probing her in a way. “let’s go then, time is short”
The two jedi respectfully pay their goodbyes before Tia boards the ship
Jutz watches the shuttle engage it’s repulsorlifts and gain height soon beyond sight range.
“what system will we be going to?” asks Tia finding a suitable place to stay during the flight.
Gor Bootha delays his answer for a few seconds.
“you’ll be surprised to know it’s not named yet. My associate is waiting there with a research team, I guess he’ll have the honours of labeling it.”
The jedi is rather surprised to find out their destination isn’t even charted. Perhaps Bootha knew more than he let be seen about why he took jedi as his protection. Still, she is determined to proove to her maser her abillity to accomplish these tasks.

Old Post May 28th, 2003 07:15 PM
Dexx
wingless

The arch teams try to reassemble whatever parts they can find in one piece. The night before, when the presumable settlement appeared, disaster struck. The two armed bothans assigned by Rev to stay back were found dead. The rest of the team was mysteriously unconscient, they don’t remember a thing after they’ve woken up.
The deceased seem to have parrished in a violent death. One lies pierced in the chest by what it seems to be a rifle bolt and the other has a cut streching from his upper left foot to his right shoulder. The wound is streight and no blood seems to have been spilled. It was chauterised on spot. Their rifles stand cut in half near them. Most of their equipment is destroyed and both of the ships are damaged beyond their range of repair. Whoever did this knew what he was heading into. Power source generators were the first to be eliminated. The remaining equipment, already useless without power, seems to have been destroyed as a random act of viollence. The drills and other forring instruments were cut too. They spent the remaining night time fearing the worst.
Team members are horriffied by the killings. This expedition is already considered terminal, somehow as fast as they became intrigued by sith artifacts, they were overcomed by fear. Rev and Verb Rehmin are the only ones studying the two bodies. Lin is desperate in ftrying to find something that can still be classiffied as functional. Besides a few flashlights and a some rifles he encounters no luck.
“look..” says Verb obviously concerned “I know we’re all thinking about this, this one was made by a lightsaber, the jedi weapons”
Indeed all were thinking about it, but some didn’t even dare to accept it. The thought of force based predators lurking around weilding the galaxy’s most powerfull weapons was more than some of the crew could take. They were sitting ducks with their current deffense. Even the ship’s laser cannons were more or less carefully disabled.
Rev’s concern mooves now not on the mission’s purpose but on the very lives of his crew members.
“everyone, calm down” he says with a calm voice “as you all know, Gor Bootha will be arriving today. We will use his ship to get off this planet”
The others barely pay any attention to him still not being able to overcome the shock.
“there’s only one thing I don’t understand” Roola Seki adds
“how could you bring a crew to an uncharted system without knowing what’s on it?” her tone is fast and harsh.
Rev doesn’t seem to have an answer for them all
“the man from wich I got the coordinates assured me acceptable conditons on this solar system. Nothing seemed suspicious even when I came here to see it with my own eyes. I did infinite readings on all of the planet. Nothing came up”
A team member who has been staying rather quiet till now suddenly stands up.
“well, if this place is supposed to be so damn proffitable why didn’t ‘the guy’ just dig it himself..ever thought of that thing before?”
Rev suddenly realises that thought never crossed his mind, as if his whole conversation with the imposing man he bought the coordinates from is a big blury unclear picture. He doesn’t remember any detail on this.
Verb Rehmin cuts the arguments short
“the last thing we need is us to fight eachother. What’s done is done. We wait for the associate an get the hell out of here as fast as we can.” He looks at the sorrowed members “we’re better off with our reggular jobs, at least no jedi weapons involved”
Lin bellar approaches them holding some sparkling whires in each hand.
“The equipment in one tent is intact, except for the power core ofcourse..wich renders them useless also”
They can’t help but wonder if the whole village set-up was just a diversion. But why? Whoever did this didn’t seem uncapable of handling them all. And how could a whole settlement just appear and dissapear, even on thermal scans.
For now, they just wait, scavaging the remains. Gor Bootha’s shuttle should be arriving any time. At least that’s what they don’t have to worry about.

The lamda class shuttle approaches the fourth planet in the solar system after exiting the light speed tunnel. The ride was long and changing of surroundings is welcomed by all of the three crew members.
“we land in 5 minutes.” Says the pilot “I know their camp coordinates but I can’t seem to trace their signal. Their ships should appear on my readings..”
Gor Bootha approaches him and looks on the controll monitors.
“ Rev said he’ll be at these given coordinates…they’re surely there”
Further back in the shuttle, Tia is deep in her meditation. She felt a huge disturbance as soon as the ship exited hyperspace. Her senses are overwhelmed by the feeling, she can barely stay focused on one thought. Her concentration training prooves of little help now. Could this be what her master sensed so far back there?
She couldn’t feel anything then.
Probably not, she thinks. Or he wouldn’t have let her go alone.
As she rises and heads for the cockpit, she tries to counter the chocking sensation. Tia had never experienced a disturbance of this scale. As the feeling fades away it leaves her with bitter thoughts.
She looks at the huge, mostly green planet.
The ship has taken them further down and some things can clearly be seen now. It doesn’t even seem to be populated with sentient beings as she can’t see any clear form of settlement so far. Ofcourse, a statement of this sort would be meaningless considerring their knowledge of the place.
“what’s on it?”
Gor looks at her, just seeing she’s on deck.
“besides artifacts of great importance, mostly nothing of our interest. Our studies indicate that civilisations were here a long, long time ago.
I guess, soon it’ll be just a huge digging site”
Tia knows everything has not been said about this research. What artifacts of wich civilisation was this about, and are all things best be tampered with? These questions drove her curiosity.
“There they are” the pilot says “ but I can’t raise them on the comlink”
“land!, we talk to them afterwards” says Gor Bootha

The ship touches the ground deactivating it’s repulsorlifts.
A thick jungle surrounded the camp and the just arrived ship, sight range was not too wide.
Rev and the other researchers quickly approach the ship.
“what happened here?” asks Gor Bootha nervously.
Rev cuts him short
“no time to explain….we were attacked. Our ships are not functional…”
From behind them appears Roola apparently trying to get in the shuttle.
“The research is abborted, Gor” she says “two of our crew were killed. We must get out of here”
The associate shivvers at the heard news. Tia exits the shuttle heading towards the agitated group.
“who’s this” asks Verb
Gor is fast in answering.
“protection, she’s a jedi”
The others are more than glad to hear that but still, their sense of fear from the undiscovered attackers is overwhelming. They crowd at the entrance in the shuttle shortly boarding on it.
Tia is quick to connect her strong disturbance with the events on the planet, but she feels something still lies to be found. The magnitude of her sense was too big for this matter.
“I want to see the bodies…”she says.
“in there!” says Lin Bellar pointing on a nearby tent. He then climbs on the ship also.
The jedi stops and probes the suroundings with the force for potential dangers before entering the tent. She finds nothing of an immediate danger but she suddenly gets a bad feeling. She’s not surprised seeing how much hapenned here lately, still, something is not the way it should.
The two bodies were left the same as they were found a night earlier. Tia recognises the slashes on the equipment and the cut man as lightsaber made. Anger quickly gets a hold on her.
She rushes out of the tent and heads straight to the man in charge, apparently Rev. Finding him near the ship, she sends a force flow that pins him to it, turning him to her. The man doesn’t even know what has hapenned to him before realising he’s stranded one meter above groundlevel.
“what were you looking for here?” the jedi asks on an violent accusing tone
“w…we’re……..we were looking….for” Rev can barely gasp his words “for dig sites”
“what kind?” Tia asks again, more persistent this time.
“ss….sith” the man answers.
Her grip on him quickly fades as she confirms her suspicion. Besides Roola and Lin, none of the arch members knew that was truly what they were prepared to dig for. Dim surprised noises come from them seeing the jedi’s reaction combined with what they’ve just heard.
Siths couldn’t have attacked them. They were once as organised as the jedi and with the deaths of the emperor and Darth Vader, they were supposed to be extinct. There has to be another explanation, everyone thinks.
“ever thought you might be getting in something over your head here?” the jedi asks “let’s go…board the ship. Your research seems to be over”
Rev says nothing. He’s slowly rubbing his neck after the female jedi’s grip.
The pilot moves in the shuttles commanding seat and ignites the engines as soon as everyone’s on board.
“it won’t start!” he shouts.
“What?…what do you mean?” asks Gor Bootha irritated.
Fear deffeats the relief sentiment of the scientists when they saw themselves in the safe interior of the ship.
“it just won’t start!” the pilot says again “I can’t get any system to work…it’s like having no power. I can’t even get the exit ramp closed.”

Old Post May 28th, 2003 07:17 PM
Dexx
wingless

He then yells at a copilot from the first 2 archships to check the mainframe in the back of the ship. Tia’s disturbance suddenly gains proportions.
“what’s that?” Verb Rehmin asks hearing some noises outside the ship.
“Someone’s on the roof” says the jedi reaching for her lightsaber
Few crew members are too frightened to even react. The others prepare their rifles rushing outside.
The copilot appears running from the back of the ship.
“all systems are gone” he says on a desperate tone “the whires are loose, they’ve been cut. You can see through the hull back there….we’re not going anywhere”
The jedi bursts on the ramp with her ignited blue blade, followed by Verb Rehmin and Lin Bellar. Rev also takes off his seat belts preparing to join them.
The two saboteurs stand near the shuttle’s upper wing. They weild lightsabers.
Rev, Rehmin and the zabrak open fire but Tia urges them to stop, as a deflected blast whizzez not far from her.
The two attackers jump from the top of the ship and beggin their approach. Both force push at them simultaneously, but the jedi remains standing. She rages at them soon afterwards.
Their attacks are organised and somewhat complementary. As if they have been trained for dual combat. What are they doing on this remote planet? Tia asks herself. Her defense seems to maintain strong against their slashes. Training with her master has made her quite dangerous throughout time. Soon she manages to separate them. One falls down parrying one of her strong attacks combined with a force push and the other one remains tracked by her approach.
Tia finds dealing with them not so hard as she would’ve expected. Practice is paying off. The man is on a deffensive position under her fast and speed increasing attacks. The other jedi is now getting up but finds himself under a shower of energy bolts coming from the humans and Lin Bellar. He deflects many of them but soon he falls back down taken by two bolts in the chest.
Tia finds an opportunity to end this fight and takes action on it. The attacker is obviously outclassed and his saber flies from his hand after one of the jedi’s three sixty spins. The second spin takes him right through the middle, crushing him down.
She stops, looking at the other killed saberweilder.
The others are more than impressed by her performance. Gor Bootha can’t belive this one is still a padawan. Her master Jutz Solon must be great indeed, he thinks.
Some of the crew present here had never whitnessed murders therefore these actions shocked them even more.
“what now?” asks Roola Seki exiting the ship.
An answers comes without her even realising who’s it from
“I don’t have the slightest ideea”

Jutz Solon thrusts the pony lancer at max, reaching Coruscant’s atmosphere shortly. He spent a lot of time meditating on his strong disturbance, since Tia left. Flashes of a person he had not seen for a long, long time appeared in his mind. Also a strong force master, that person might have tried to communicate with him. His experienced senses traced something on this planet, thus he headed for it as soon as he could spare the time.
Navigation through the skyscrapers influences him in reducing his speed. The many layers of running vehicles are beneath his ship and continuously approaching with his descend.
True focusing seems a little bit harder to achieve in these crowded places, but Jutz is well tracked on his feeling.
He soon reaches an isolated building, taller then the rest, far in the industrial areas. His instincts are never wrong and he decides to set the ship down on the building’s landing pad.
Smokes from the local factories and raffineries, cloud and colour the sky with their synthetic contains. Near the pony lancer stands another slick designed ship. Jutz would find odd a shuttle of this sort in a place like this, but he immediatley recognises it. His suspicion was true, and his connection founded.
He now knows just who he might find in there.
A rusted, swinging door separates the platform he’s just landed on from the building. He sees it has been already cut by a saber blade.
The interior betrays a lot about this place. Noone is in here, it seems abandoned and rust has eaten through the mainly metal components. A stair case lies to the master’s left and he decides to follow it. He can hear angerred yellings from above and his connected feeling strenghtens.
The stairs end at another rusted door, guarded by two men in some dark robes.
“you there!” one of them yells.
The master knows what they are, but they don’t recognise the danger standing in front of them and just come towards him, apparently going for a kill. They don’t reveal their lightsabers, wich Jutz knows they have at them. Instead they execute a force push ment to throw the intruder down the stairs.
Master Solon is amused by the stupidity of their attempts while he easily counters the push. The two ignite their sabers and rage at him while Jutz’s green blade opens also ready for what the two can put up. The master’s first block against the nearby wall is followed by a foot trip, throwing the man over his shoulder down the stairs. The second one manages a few short slashes before Jutz’s class prooves obviously superior and he’s stranded near a wall barely holding his saber straight. The master moves from the melee attacks to pure force use. He lifts the man and slams him to the same wall twice. Afterwards he throws him through the door guarded earlier breaking it inside.
A most viollent picture is revealed inside. Three gamorreans lie on the floor cut down by another saber apparently. A fourth guy, a rodian is under the force grip of an imposing man. The attacker loosens the creature and looks at the shattered door and the man in front of it.
“incredible..” he says “master Jutz Solon, after all these years…quite an entry you still have.”
Recognising his ship earlier outside and feeling him from Nar Shaddaa, Jutz knew he was going to find him here.
“Kugael Korb” he says “I’m not surprised to see you here”
“You can call me nexu, remember?”
Indeed that name was more than appropriate. Kugael Korb was as fast and as sleek as the beast, one of the few even Jutz Solon once considered dangerous.
“what are you doing here?”
Nexu stares at the cornered rodian before answering.
“this weakling sold the coordinates to Beldogan.”
The mentioning of this word rises unexpected memorries in Jutz’s mind.
“what?” he asks surprised. “where did he get them?”
“that’s what I’m trying to find out. You heard the question. Tell us. Where did you get the coordinates” asks Korb directing a force wave into the rodian. The pain inflicting sides of the force, nasty tricks, Jutz knew.”
“speak lizzard” he asks again persisting his flow. Both of the jedi were experienced in the rodian dialect thus what he said was understandable.
“I..I…I stumbled upon it through one of my outer rim runs.” He can barely spit his words through the intense pain “I checked an….and when I found it’s not charted I thought credits m…might come out of this all.”
Jutz approaches the gasping rodian also.
“who did you sell it to?”

Old Post May 28th, 2003 07:17 PM
Dexx
wingless

“a ch…crazy archeolog” he quicly answers “he suspected a planet lied undiscovered in that area. Possibly his researches revealed that, and when I presented the information he seemed more than interested”
A connection appears in Jutz’s mind, between this and the associate Gor Bootha. He has been thinking at it for some time but this argument strenghtens his belief.
“did you give it to anyone else?”asks Kugael Korb
“n…no, no!”
“He speaks the trooth” says Jutz probing his mind. He is certain.
“I guess that’s it” adds nexu, feeling that too “you’ve earned a fast death weakling”
The frightened rodian desperatley looks at both of the jedi
“what?..n..no, don’t!” he yells before his head falls down soon afterwards. A strong flow inflicted by Korb overloads the lizzards body causing his death.
Jutz just watched, not interffering.
“jai wants you back there Solon” says Kugael
“yeah…this couldn’t have been this simple..could it”
“things are different since you left” they both stare at eachother for a brief moment. “there are two sides now.Cit Tokko’s gone renegade. He has half the planet raided on his side.”
“what?…it seems age is getting to jai”
“he’s powerfull jutz but..”
“too powerfull for her?”
“you know Jai won’t risk a civil war. Our community is a circle.”
Jutz doesn’t seem as worried as expected.
“so where do I fit in?” he asks.
“I’m sure you know already, your padawan’s on the planet.”
For a second, Jutz asks himself how doesn he know he even has a padawn. But he remembers about Jai’s old ways, she probably monitored his every major move since departure.
“yes, I presumed that”
Their talk is continued outside the blooded room, heading for their ships. Kugael’s two ‘protectors’ were barely getting up by now.
“you could’ve taken it easy with this escort” says nexu “I invest a lot of training in these creatures”
“I did” answers jutz “they’re still alive”
“tokko doesn’t accept intruders”
“I was going on beldogan anyway, Korb. I’ll talk to Jai after I pick my padawan”
They’re both prepared to board their ships.
“I’ll see you there” adds nexu “I have to do some diggings to make sure noone else has that location”
With both shuttles securely shut, they take off heading in opposite directions.
The pony lancer’s blue green fire extends propulsing the ship out of orbit. Even with his long distance hyperdrives systems, he’ll need more than one jump to reach his target. It will be a long enough trip.

“we’ve been walking for 18 hours” says Roola underlining what everyone was thinking of, a brake. Tia was a few meters in front of the pack clearing their path and carefully probing the suroundings. She stares at one of her attached wrist computers, borrowed from lin bellar, and then at the setting sun. The others looked exhausted, though more or less with the help of the force she kept herself off that thought during their march.
“ok, we camp here for the night” she says
The last members finally arrive followed by rev who strayed behind on purpose, not only to watch their back, in a way, but to keep his distance from the jedi, wich wasn’t too keen on maintaining social relations with him.
After finding themselves alone and somewhat helpless on this almost totally unknown planet they decided to start moving, in hope of finding some trace of civilisation. Roola Seki insisted mostly, because she was certain in the existance of that village she saw that night, before their attack.
The zabrak showed to be most displeased in this, not only because of the assumed big predators hiding out there, but because of them waisting precious supplies in mobilising on a fictional ideea. He didn’t belive in that village, though he didn’t let that show directly.
Tia has been trying to link with her master all day but a feeling of captivity got her. Besides, she didn’t know if she is that good on that force side yet. And even attempts are exhausting for her level.
At one part of their walk, she jumped high on a tall thick tree seing nothing but deep jungle al around.
The crew members took all the supplies they could carry, and some blankets, leaving all their few remaning functional equipment behind.

Surprisingly, the atmosphere was quiet. They all set their improvised sleeping places and try to lay down for as long as they can spare for resting.
Odd, they wouldn’t have why to be pressed by time shortage. They’re not exactly hurrying anywhere.

Old Post May 28th, 2003 07:18 PM
Dexx
wingless

Old Post May 28th, 2003 07:19 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Very good Dexx. You should pursue the story line and continue it.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 02:31 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

yeah..i will...but i have to think again some plot ideeas.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 03:53 AM
REXXXX
Networking

That might help. big grin

Old Post May 30th, 2003 05:33 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

here's jutz's saber...made by me today:

Attachment: jutz's saber1.jpg
This has been downloaded 90 time(s).

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 08:02 PM
yerssot

great job dexx!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 08:05 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

thank you. Here it is ignited

Attachment: jutz's ignited.jpg
This has been downloaded 68 time(s).

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 10:03 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Whoa!!! Excellent Dexx! smile

Would you mind making some for me? big grin

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 01:52 AM
Dexx
wingless

not at all. Just specify some details.
(i made a couple more of jutz's today.....rendered some more. i'll post more tonight cuz i still have to do a lil editing )

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 01:17 PM
Dexx
wingless

here they are. Four more versions...i like these ones better.

Attachment: dexx's sabers.jpg
This has been downloaded 70 time(s).

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 07:02 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Very cool, Dexx. I wish I could do that. Unfortunately, I probably don't have the patience or the program. sad

I'll give you some details in a few.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 04:45 PM