KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Vader vs Revan

Vader vs. Revan
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Vader 16 55.17%
Revan 13 44.83%
Total: 29 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Darth Vader vs Revan
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Isn't that what you're suppose to do? erm

Yeah, I guess I wasn't skeptical enough of your assertions, lol. Nowhere in that video do I see evidence that Revan tanks the energies of a nuclear-yield detonation, and indeed, it seems really f*cking obvious that he doesn't, seeing as how, well, nobody around him gets affected at all. So we come back to the simple reality that Revan has never done anything to put him within the same whisper as TFU Vader, and so he gets horribly stomped by any measure.

Now if we just toss away feats and look at accolades/powerscaling/intent, just look to Galen Marek catching Sidious's lightning. That's still GG over ragdolling a strike team that would have collectively been shitstomped by Vitiate, who is canonically weaker than TPM Sidious.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 04:30 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

What does Revan have to contend with Vader's dueling feats, as in feats, not accolades and character POVs.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 04:32 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Yeah, I totally can't see anything lol. Is it that purple lightning stuff? Or the blue shit? What does it look like if the power successfully activates?

Old Post May 1st, 2016 04:33 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

@Sasukedc and @The Ellimist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wbxi5N-NWg&t=5m54s

The blue energy is what Revan's channeling.

The description is as follows: "Through masterful control of the Force, Revan has created a Force resonance with The Machine's core, and is channeling its power into an immense attack."

And then "upon successful completion, [Revan will deal] massive damage to enemies within 1km. Dealing sufficient damage will break this channel."

The energy "backlashed" onto him, hence my argument he managed to withstand just amount of energy without dying. erm

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 1st, 2016 04:33 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Now if we just toss away feats and look at accolades/powerscaling/intent, just look to Galen Marek catching Sidious's lightning. That's still GG over ragdolling a strike team that would have collectively been shitstomped by Vitiate, who is canonically weaker than TPM Sidious.

Why are you repeating arguments you just made to me in your large post? I plan on responding back to that entire thing. erm

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 1st, 2016 04:35 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Ah, if that's the case, then I stand by my original post. I wanted to see, since you said something about a maelstrom of energy trapped inside a bubble, but all I honestly see is the animation of Revan channeling massive energy myself. It's still impressive, but it's different from being hit head on by a 1km explosion.

So if he succeeds, I assume the OP fails and everyone dies. But is there like, an explosion animation, or does everyone just fall over?

Old Post May 1st, 2016 04:37 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Why are you repeating arguments you just made to me in your large post? I plan on responding back to that entire thing. erm

I'm bored, meh.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 04:38 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

@NewGuy01:

I was referring to the blue radiation of energy. The barrier I was referring to was the fact that he lost control due to the fact his defenses were overwhelmed.

I think Revan unleashes like this red blast of energy that kills them all and then the screen turns black and then he goes "I'm coming for you Vitiate."

Old Post May 1st, 2016 04:39 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

I think Revan unleashes like this red blast of energy that kills them all and then the screen turns black and then he goes "I'm coming for you Vitiate."

That sounds so fvcking badass, but I guess it's not easy finding a video of someone failing such a time-consuming OP at that exact part. :mmm:

Old Post May 1st, 2016 04:41 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Generally only happens when there's a glitch or bug that prevents Revan from dying, in which people rarely record even that since no one wants to watch a failed attempt at beating a boss. I've only seen one video of it out of the hundreds concerning the fight. One time when I played ToS I didn't attack Revan hoping that without me DPSing that he wouldn't get overwhelmed and I could actually record what he did, but the other guys managed to do fine without me.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 04:44 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

What? They weren't swayed by the cause of improving teh best revan respect thread on da web? Blasphemy. :no2:

Old Post May 1st, 2016 04:45 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by AncientPower
What does Revan have to contend with Vader's dueling feats, as in feats, not accolades and character POVs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3jt5ibfRzw&t=0m36s

Old Post May 1st, 2016 04:47 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

No. Lelaand Chee directly verified its canon in his "Movie Characters killed in the EU" blog.

You mean where he said it wasn't the real Darth Maul and where he said he wasn't even certain what happened there and that it could've just as easily been a vision. Between two statements of the fight being noncanon and one dude saying he's not even sure wtf was happening in that fight, the fight is just really sketchy to use for any point you're trying to make.

No. She performed impressively and Darth Vader even admitted as such. erm

Yeah, by evading him with the use of the environment. And where does Vader state this?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on May 1st, 2016 at 04:52 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2016 04:50 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Emperordmb
You mean where he said it wasn't the real Darth Maul

Obviously? It's called a clone for a reason. erm

quote:
and where he said he wasn't even certain what happened there

What? We know what happens - we saw the comic. He even verified that by saying "a Maul vs. Vader showdown."

quote:
and that it could've just as easily been a vision.

The source I'm referencing says "clone or Sith magic or something."

And we know it wasn't a vision based on the content of the actual fight itself. erm

Unless he outright declares it a vision, it's clearly not a vision.

quote:
Between two statements of the fight being noncanon

I've yet to see any.

quote:
Yeah, by evading him with the use of the environment.

And where does Vader state this?

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/18/71/58/99/swt_0214.jpg

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/18/71/58/99/swt_0216.jpg

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/18/71/58/99/swt_0213.jpg

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/18/71/58/99/swt_0217.jpg

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/18/71/58/99/swt_0212.jpg

Ignore the ordering of the HTMLs. I put them in order.

Anyway, she's certainly performing impressively, and if you read the dialogue you'll see Vader compliment her abilities.

My argument was that, despite this happening after TFU, Darth Vader is clearly not unleashing the same degree of power as he did in the game.

That is true and clear here, as it is in the Darth Maul fight.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 05:09 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Sterling argument aside, you yanks have no right to use Monty Python references.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 05:36 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Obviously? It's called a clone for a reason. erm

Where?

What? We know what happens - we saw the comic. He even verified that by saying "a Maul vs. Vader showdown."

The source I'm referencing says "clone or Sith magic or something."

And we know it wasn't a vision based on the content of the actual fight itself. erm

Unless he outright declares it a vision, it's clearly not a vision.

It's not quite the real Darth Maul. Hence the "or something." Who knows, it could have been a vision like Luke confronting Vader on Dagobah or just some sort of Sith illusion. Or a clone. Nothing's been determined as to what we are actually seeing, just that Vader and Maul have a pretty cool battle.

^the one quote suggesting its canon where its noted as being uncertain as to what happened from Leeland

(please log in to view the image)
^The statement saying it's noncanon from star wars insider 85

(please log in to view the image)
^the statement saying it's noncanon from star wars insider 154

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/18/71/58/99/swt_0214.jpg

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/18/71/58/99/swt_0216.jpg

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/18/71/58/99/swt_0213.jpg

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/18/71/58/99/swt_0217.jpg

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/18/71/58/99/swt_0212.jpg

Ignore the ordering of the HTMLs. I put them in order.

Anyway, she's certainly performing impressively, and if you read the dialogue you'll see Vader compliment her abilities.

Sure she's performing impressively, suggesting she can match Vader for very long in straight martial combat doesn't hold too much water imo since her engagements with him in martial combat during the fight were brief.

My argument was that, despite this happening after TFU, Darth Vader is clearly not unleashing the same degree of power as he did in the game.

That is true and clear here, as it is in the Darth Maul fight.

If what your saying is just how much Vader uses the Force in combat is demonstrated in that fight, then that's a separate issue from what I'm arguing.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on May 1st, 2016 at 05:47 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2016 05:43 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

They speak about how they "recreated" him in the comic. Also, Kogge and Pena don't have more canon authority than Chee, who said it's canon.

It's clearly not a vision because Darth Vader suffered actual injuries. The Darth Maul he fought was present, physical, real, and deadly.

---

I never stated she could for "very long." I stated she challenged Darth Vader and he failed to replicate the power he showed in TFU.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:01 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"A moon reputed to be the site of a climatic confrontation between Darth Vader and a resurrected Darth Maul." -pg. 195, TCSWE VII

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:06 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

When you have characters who have appeared in a variety of source materials, discrepancies in power scale have always varied from author to author. This is nothing new. Most of Vader's best feats took place prior to ANH, despite the fact that we know he only grew stronger with the passage of time. That's part of why feats aren't the end-all be-all in SW debates.

And frankly I don't see the difference between what Ellimnist is doing and you disregarding Drew's thoughts on Darth Revan in favor of Chris Avellone's.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on May 1st, 2016 at 06:14 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:06 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

If Canon feats are being considered, we know Maul isn't a match for Vader anyway.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:05 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote