KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Vader vs Revan

Vader vs. Revan
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Vader 16 55.17%
Revan 13 44.83%
Total: 29 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Darth Vader vs Revan
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

If canon is being considered then Vader may well be the most powerful combatant in the mythos.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:08 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Ant getting wrecked tbh

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:14 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Skimmed through some of the WII's TFU/TFU2 walkthroughs and Starkiller has some awesome feats and Vader regularly chokes the shit out of him.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 12:22 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Have you ever played the games Temp?

Old Post May 1st, 2016 12:51 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

yup

But only ever on the 360.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 01:11 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

What do you make of Galen catching and advancing on Sidious's lightning?

Old Post May 1st, 2016 01:14 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
What do you make of Galen catching and advancing on Sidious's lightning?

It's pretty impressive. Though the Emperor probably still wasn't intending to kill him.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 01:24 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I hadn't thought of that. Because otherwise he seems to do better than Yoda did.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 01:31 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Well unlike Yoda he experiences a moment of Oneness.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 01:31 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

^ is there a source for that?

Old Post May 1st, 2016 01:32 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Well that's what I inferred from the description in the text:

"No!" the apprentice cried, dropping his defenses to strike one last time at the Imperials. Energy surged through him. He felt as though a star had blazed to life in his chest. Driven by concern for his friends rather than himself, he embraced the Force completely, utterly, and was rewarded with strength that made his efforts with the dark side look like those of a child. His nerves were on fire. Streamers of light radiated from his skin. His bones glowed like radiant lava.

He saw rather than felt the massive shock wave that consumed a large portion of what remained of the observation dome. A glowing bubble of fire tore the stormtroopers to shreds and engulfed Vader and the Emperor.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 01:35 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I hadn't thought of that. Because otherwise he seems to do better than Yoda did.
Yeah, of course he wasn't stalemating the full power of Sidious. Galen himself says it's a trick, and the Dark Side option shows us that Sidious is actually capable of defeating Galen with utter ease.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post May 1st, 2016 01:35 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Well that's what I inferred from the description in the text:

"No!" the apprentice cried, dropping his defenses to strike one last time at the Imperials. Energy surged through him. He felt as though a star had blazed to life in his chest. Driven by concern for his friends rather than himself, he embraced the Force completely, utterly, and was rewarded with strength that made his efforts with the dark side look like those of a child. His nerves were on fire. Streamers of light radiated from his skin. His bones glowed like radiant lava.

He saw rather than felt the massive shock wave that consumed a large portion of what remained of the observation dome. A glowing bubble of fire tore the stormtroopers to shreds and engulfed Vader and the Emperor.

Ok thanks.

@Sinious the final lightning scene isn't a trick, Sidious had every incentive to stop the Rebels and was visibly pissed that they escaped.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 01:37 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Also Marek fails to throw up a defense in the DS ending.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 01:41 PM
The_Tempest

Ok thanks.

@Sinious the final lightning scene isn't a trick, Sidious had every incentive to stop the Rebels and was visibly pissed that they escaped.

Eh, I disagree. The Emperor attacks Kota; Starkiller merely intercepts the attack. Even then, the Emperor never increases or changes the attack and allows 'Killer to approach him. And when all's said and done, he's immensely displeased 'Killer is dead.

I don't think he was actively trying to kill 'Killer even then.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 01:42 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Meh, he doesn't seem to be hurt at all by that explosion, and while the oneness surely seems to protect him from getting humiliated, I doubt Sidious was still going all out on him since he still had alternative motives, and Galen failed to hurt him even through the huge explosion.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post May 1st, 2016 01:46 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

(Ninja'd by Sinious) How do you know he doesn't increase the power of his attack? It's not like the brightness tends to change; it seems similar for when he attacks Yoda, and he doesn't increase it in RotJ when Vader turns on him.

Palpatine doesn't want Starkiller dead, but he also doesn't want the Rebels to escape. I see your implied point that he might find the former more important...

But why would going all out have to result in Galen's death? He doesn't kill Mace Windu outright with his lightning, and there's no indication he's holding back. Force users of that caliber are pretty durable.

Maybe it does explain why Sidious tanks the suicide blast so casually.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 01:46 PM
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Eh, I disagree. The Emperor attacks Kota; Starkiller merely intercepts the attack. Even then, the Emperor never increases or changes the attack and allows 'Killer to approach him. And when all's said and done, he's immensely displeased 'Killer is dead.

I don't think he was actively trying to kill 'Killer even then.

Kek

Another staggering, painful step and the Emperor was within the apprentice's reach. With shaking fingers, he took the old man's bony shoulders in his hands and gripped them tight. The Sith lightning spread to engulf the two of them, fueled by both their desperations. The Emperor tipped back his head and howled in lascivious pain. Darkness threatened to envelop the apprentice's mind, but he clutched to consciousness with feverish will. He had to see this through. He had to.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post May 1st, 2016 02:01 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Ah, if that's the case, then I stand by my original post. I wanted to see, since you said something about a maelstrom of energy trapped inside a bubble, but all I honestly see is the animation of Revan channeling massive energy myself. It's still impressive, but it's different from being hit head on by a 1km explosion.

So if he succeeds, I assume the OP fails and everyone dies. But is there like, an explosion animation, or does everyone just fall over?

I noticed this:

Whispered rumors have persisted of planets snuffed out through intricate Sith rituals or by way of deadly, arcane machines--such as the device Revan sought to employ on Yavin 4

From Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Sith Emperor: Codex Entry titled "Death of a World."

That machine had the power to eradicate all life on the planet. Suffering a backlash from a machine so powerful is going to kill most, IMO.

Does this answer your question?

Old Post May 1st, 2016 04:29 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

@Sinious/Beni: The Dark Side ending is non canon and inaccurate given canon events.

Originally posted by Sinious
Meh, he doesn't seem to be hurt at all by that explosion, and while the oneness surely seems to protect him from getting humiliated, I doubt Sidious was still going all out on him since he still had alternative motives, and Galen failed to hurt him even through the huge explosion.

Because he had his defenses up. Galen did not as he had to lower them to put all his power into converting both his and Sidious's power into an explosion that would allow the Rogue Shadow to escape.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 04:46 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote