KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Namor vs Aquaman comparative strength

Namor vs Aquaman comparative strength
Started by: Rao Kal El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Namor vs Aquaman comparative strength

In your opinion how much stronger (if any) is Namor compared to Aquaman?

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 04:32 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Namor is a class 100 so he's a good deal stronger then most versions of Aquaman I would think. Though apparently the latest version of Aquaman is a lot stronger physically so I'm not sure about that.

I think post crisis Aquaman could beat Namor in a fight, but only due to telepathy.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 04:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

On average Namor is stronger, but it's not by leaps and bounds. Anyone able to send Thanos back on his heals with a punch is pretty strong.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 04:37 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Thanks for the answers.

I think most people will agree that Namor is stronger, what it will be interesting is to see what is the general consensus of how much stronger one is compared to the other.

Not an exact number but a vague "not leaps and bounds" like stoic did, will suffice.😀

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 04:43 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm, well let me put it another way. If you were to reduce Namor to half strength I still think he would be above Aquaman, and not only by a little bit.

But again, this doesn't necessarily reflect the current version. I seem to recall hearing about a few crazy strength feats for past verions of Aquaman like...holding up a city or something like that? Or something to do with San Fransicso? But I think that is lightyears away from his average.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 04:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

thumb up 😊

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 05:11 PM
Genii96

Namor has stalemated hercules,thor,hulk all out of water....more that a few times

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 05:37 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I've always been of the opinion Namor is stronger (with the latest Aquaman version making it the smallest gap yet), while Aquaman is faster underwater.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 05:50 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

PreDCnU Namor was above AM, now they should be on the same level.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 05:51 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Lowballing of Aquaman is apparent. Theyre pretty much equals.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 06:09 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

So we have a should be and a pretty much. Add my smallest gap yet (dirty!), and Namor having the edge is still just fine.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 07:20 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
PreDCnU Namor was above AM, now they should be on the same level.

Yeah this is more or less what I've been saying. There was a time when Namor was a good deal stronger and tougher then Aquaman.

Aquaman might indeed be the faster swimmer, I can't recall many swimming speed feats for Namor.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 07:44 PM
riv6672

Me niether in the speed feats for Namor. Nothing wrong with that. Slight edge to both.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 08:59 PM
h1a8

Namor is approximately 2x as strong as prdcnu Aquaman.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 09:20 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

What makes you say that?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 09:42 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It sounds like he said pre DCnU Aquaman, in which Namor is waaay more then twice as strong as post crisis Aquaman.

Remember Martian Manhunter just f*cking laughed at Aquaman when he thought he could take on Superman.

(please log in to view the image)

You can see the pity in his eyes, lol. This guy had pretty much his entire race wiped out and he STILL f*cks with Aquaman.

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 29th, 2016 at 09:47 PM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 09:45 PM
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
What makes you say that?

Namor was intended, by Marvel, to be close to 100 tons maximum. Some writers had him exceed that in some feats by accident because they weren't thinking about the force needed to do the feats. Namor as a norm can fight Thing on nearly even terms.

Aquaman has always been around 50-70 tons.

Both characters has feats above this, but them fighting a character within those strength ranges I gave will ALWAYS yield a competitive fight.

The problem with comics is that almost all strong characters can fight each other on near even terms (provided that one is not astronomically stronger than the other). Thing, Colossus, etc has fought much stronger characters on even terms. Namor has fought Hulk, Hercules, etc on near equal terms.

To make sense out of that I just say the characters he fought was operating at a lower than average strength level for the sake of the plot.

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on Apr 29th, 2016 at 09:54 PM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 09:51 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol 100 tons? Namor has easily lifted up ocean liners.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 09:52 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 09:52 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tar-Antado
Secret Dunadain King

I'd say Namor is 30% stronger.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 10:30 PM
Tar-Antado is currently offline Click here to Send Tar-Antado a Private Message Find more posts by Tar-Antado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote