KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Namor vs Aquaman comparative strength

Namor vs Aquaman comparative strength
Started by: Rao Kal El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

NU Aquaman is probably stronger, TBH. Modern Namor is pretty shit.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 10:35 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Physically Aquaman is better. Post-Crisis onwards he got more physically consistent.

(Post-Crisis)Breaking out of the grip of an All-Knowing one if those things I believe oneshotted Power Girl
(Post-Crisis) Traded blows with Lobo for like two pages before they started talking about Space Dolphins

Other notable stuff Pre-Flashpoint
Oneshotting Olympian (He's a 100 Tonner)
Lifting a City street
Sending Ultraman flying

Post-Flashpoint:

He beat up Hercules
Grappled with God of War Wonder Woman
Restrained Martian Manhunter who had to resort to shape-shifting to get out and was physically buffing his body
Sent Superman flying who was gone for like 6 pages and showed he was unaware of what was going on with his "where is Batman" statement
Being able to Pierce into someone as durable as Darkseid is impressive
Being able to pierce into someone as durable as Rao clean through is impressive as well.

He's also stated as one of the strongest people on DC Earth

Whereas Namor sure punched Thanos and made him bleed but he also broke his hand doing so and then got beaten up badly. Carol seems to punch Thanos as well and knock him further back I wouldnt put her by feats as stronger then Thor who couldn't even move Thanos with a hammer strike it's probably just a low showing.

Namor lacks consistency of current. But I'd put Classic Namor above Pre-Crisis Aquaman in terms of Strength.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 10:44 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

"Like the strongest people on Earth"

http://imgur.com/PmaR71A

Johns puts Aquaman at the top when writing him.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/aquam...thread-1774986/

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 10:46 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Namor. More consistent in his career. Currently, it may be a draw. Maybe even Namor with the edge still.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 11:05 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jrodslam
Namor. More consistent in his career. Currently, it may be a draw. Maybe even Namor with the edge still.

Not true at all Namor was able to fight against heavy weights in the classic days sure but those same heavy weights have got stronger over the years whereas he retained his position

Marvel has listed him below Heavyweights like Thor and Hulk maybe 1 or 2 classes below

Whereas current Aquaman is stated as one of the strongest characters on his Earth. Something I don't see Namor being stated as.

I also don't see any standard version of Namor repeating this
Aquaman vs Despero

http://imgur.com/a/vUhDg

Or Aquaman struggling against Thing or even having the slightest of a fight against Cage or even yet being beaten by Panther unless he has prep of course.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 11:27 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
NU Aquaman is probably stronger, TBH. Modern Namor is pretty shit.

Modern Namor has supported an island and made Thanos bleed with a single punch, lol.

While Aquatard never changes:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 11:32 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Modern Namor has supported an island and made Thanos bleed with a single punch, lol.

While Aquatard never changes:

Aquaman had his trident embedded in Darkseid's chest and didn't break any of his bones doing so.

As well as took an attack that sank a continent in current continuity and in the previous one an attack that oneshotted Orion. Not to mention the whole Flash point event where he was on part with Wonder Woman

Pretty impressive for Aquatard considering most of his feats against other characters arent how long he can fight them before getting beat up.

Cool pic of Momoa to forgot Aquaman was beating Namor to film as well.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 11:42 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Aquaman had his trident embedded in Darkseid's chest and didn't break any of his bones doing so.

Which is completely irrelevant here.

As well as took an attack that sank a continent in current continuity and in the previous one an attack that oneshotted Orion. Not to mention the whole Flash point event where he was on part with Wonder Woman

Same as above.

Pretty impressive for Aquatard considering most of his feats against other characters arent how long he can fight them before getting beat up.

Cool pic of Momoa to forgot Aquaman was beating Namor to film as well.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 11:56 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

[QUOTE=15720950]Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
[B]Which is completely irrelevant here.

Not really to Pierce something really strong you need a great degree of strength to do it which he's shown he is strong enough to peirce Darkseid. Get a titanium knife and try to stab it into 2 inches of Steel and see if you can do it.

In regards to the insults to a fictional character I really don't care making fun of Aquaman doesn't do anything to me I laugh at jokes on Robot chicken and MAD with stuff like eating his sidekicks. If your fanfiction universe prefers him as a Virgin that's cool for you. Funny though considering he recently slept with his Wife's sister.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 12:04 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yes, but the trident is magical and indestructible... so you can forget about RL physics.

The Lame Unadventures of Aquaman are 100% canon.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 12:10 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

I will like for people to actually debate instead of trolling (stilt smile )

I know you like to make fun of Aquaman, but could you focus on carver just for today smile

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Apr 30th, 2016 at 12:15 AM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 12:13 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Yes, but the trident is magical and indestructible... so you can forget about RL physics.

The Lame Unadventures of Aquaman are 100% canon.

The trident being magical doesn't mean it could tear through anything.indestructible just means it can't be destroyed it doesn't mean anyone could stab anything with it.

Aquaman pierced through Rao with another trident same strength though.

Aquaman pierced into Darkseid though not through but into.

Constantine tried to Pierce Sea King with his own trident and it hardly passed through that's because Sea King's armor was more durable then Constantine's strength.

Wonder Woman's sword is magical and Katana's cut right through it.

If Aquaman's trident is stated to ignore durability then that would be more considerable but isn't as far as I'm aware

The reason I gave the titanium example was titanium is more solid/durable I believe then steel yet try to stick a titanium knife through 2 inches of steel.

If we're using the Virgin elsewhere version of Aquaman your presenting then im sure Namor would beat that version in strength.

Last edited by EcstaticGrace on Apr 30th, 2016 at 12:19 AM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 12:17 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
I will like for people to actually debate instead of trolling (stilt smile )

I know you like to make fun of Aquaman, but could you focus on carver just for today smile

Great Carver the Nine hasn't appeared here yet, sadly.

But sure, I'll take it somewhere else.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 12:18 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Great Carver the Nine hasn't appeared here yet, sadly.

But sure, I'll take it somewhere else.

Thank you my friend thumb up smile

Love you! Homo and all big grin

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 12:21 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Not true at all Namor was able to fight against heavy weights in the classic days sure but those same heavy weights have got stronger over the years whereas he retained his position

Marvel has listed him below Heavyweights like Thor and Hulk maybe 1 or 2 classes below

Whereas current Aquaman is stated as one of the strongest characters on his Earth. Something I don't see Namor being stated as.

I also don't see any standard version of Namor repeating this
Aquaman vs Despero

http://imgur.com/a/vUhDg

Or Aquaman struggling against Thing or even having the slightest of a fight against Cage or even yet being beaten by Panther unless he has prep of course.

Which part isnt true? Namor being overall consistent with his strength? How is that false? And Namor has always shown to be on par or within range when fighting other heavyweights. Why would you suggest otherwise?

And just because its not stated Namor is one of the strongest on earth doesnt mean he isnt. Hes rarely mentioned as one of the strongest on earth, but considering all his fights or scuffles with the like shows him to be.

Everyone has low showings, man. Ive never seem Namor bleed from gunshots either, but Aquaman has.

A writer will do whatever they may see fit in order to fit the story. We know this. Id bet there are 99% of people who feel that Cage vs Namor is a joke. Also more times than not(not saying every time), Namor doesnt struggle much with Thing. The fights are usually somewhat competitive because for one,they have crazy history and secondly, Thing isnt leaps and bounds much weaker than Namor.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 12:38 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Guys, try to stay on topic. The "comedy" isn't needed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 12:46 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

I dont think attacks like this would bother Namor
http://imgur.com/YBwn6Xf

http://imgur.com/ku3g4xD

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 12:53 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The only way they bothered Aquaman was by pissing him off.

======

As far as the thread goes: Aquaman has been, at least since COIE, a CL100 easily. During the post crisis years though, his strength just wasn't shown that often, so yes, Namor was more consistent strength wise.

New 52 though? Aquaman is basically a low to mid herald brick with some telepathy on the side. He's definitely in Namor's ball-park.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 01:06 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

That has more to do with the durability of his skin. Keep in mind bullets have been able to harm Wonder Woman before. Black Bolt has physically bested Namor before yet a arrow goes through his stomach. If Namor has better piercing durability that's nice though.

Not really a strength thing the scan I provided had J'onn suggest if Despero can't physically subdue you he'll resort to telepathy which the latter is what was resorted to.

The thing is Marvel has before given a stength class of their characters that's why we know Namor's not at the top

This is where he was placed at
http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/...gth_Chart-1.jpg

Whereas for some reason Ironman is a Super heavyweight and he's not is beyond me.

Another link to classes
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/stren...vel/4015-47520/

I'd ignore this considering it's pretty ancient but then again Namor losses to Thing underwater and Cage put up a fight against him and those are physical matches.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 01:06 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Namor losing to Thing was bollocks, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 01:08 AM