KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Namor vs Aquaman comparative strength

Namor vs Aquaman comparative strength
Started by: Rao Kal El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EcstaticGrace

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
The only way they bothered Aquaman was by pissing him off.

======

It's stated as well that his skin is near bullet proof suggesting it can be cut by what's been shown to be high caliber bullets but those don't go pass the muscle which is denser then steel.

"You want to know what makes Aquaman tough"

http://imgur.com/Hn492A0

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 01:09 AM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Namor losing to Thing was bollocks, though.

To be honest I don't know what to think of Namor his fight against the Squadron was pretty impressive given he did well against all of them save the heat vision.

The Panther instance seems a bit bad though.

I'd be glad if Namor was given a good fight against Thor or Hulk in recent despite some of my comments in this thread don't get me wrong I like the character I've purchased some of his stories

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 01:12 AM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
It's stated as well that his skin is near bullet proof suggesting it can be cut by what's been shown to be high caliber bullets but those don't go pass the muscle which is denser then steel.

"You want to know what makes Aquaman tough"

http://imgur.com/Hn492A0

TBH that issue had a few problems, but that part was something I felt strengthened my opinion. You can see that even though the bullets break his skin, they still bounce off and are warped by the impact of hitting something too tough for them.

To be honest I don't know what to think of Namor his fight against the Squadron was pretty impressive given he did well against all of them save the heat vision.

The Panther instance seems a bit bad though.

I'd be glad if Namor was given a good fight against Thor or Hulk in recent despite some of my comments in this thread don't get me wrong I like the character I've purchased some of his stories

I don't really care about Namor either way, but he does seem to be one of those characters that writers get a bit loose with at times.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 01:17 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

TBH that issue had a few problems,

Out of curiosity what problems are you speaking of?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 01:23 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

(please log in to view the image)

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 03:59 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by Rao Kal El

Looking at this is I agree with Hulk.

The Ironman thing doesn't seem right to me he's put up pretty good Fights against Thor but physically they shouldnt be in the same class 2 seconds or not. Regardless Heavyweights should be able to put up Fights with Super Heavy weights

I'd probably drop Ironman to heavyweight and Thing below characters like Namor and Black Bolt.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 04:36 AM
riv6672

I remember that old stat sheet!
Simpler times...

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 04:43 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by jrodslam
Which part isnt true? Namor being overall consistent with his strength? How is that false? And Namor has always shown to be on par or within range when fighting other heavyweights. Why would you suggest otherwise?

And just because its not stated Namor is one of the strongest on earth doesnt mean he isnt. Hes rarely mentioned as one of the strongest on earth, but considering all his fights or scuffles with the like shows him to be.

Everyone has low showings, man. Ive never seem Namor bleed from gunshots either, but Aquaman has.

A writer will do whatever they may see fit in order to fit the story. We know this. Id bet there are 99% of people who feel that Cage vs Namor is a joke. Also more times than not(not saying every time), Namor doesnt struggle much with Thing. The fights are usually somewhat competitive because for one,they have crazy history and secondly, Thing isnt leaps and bounds much weaker than Namor.

Namor has been hurt by bullets as well.

http://i.imgur.com/P8RfwWQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nFatMj7.jpg

He has also been stalemated by Spider-Man five times and Thing by a dozen times.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 07:10 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Great scan. Shows Aquarian has super strength, for sure. Thanks.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 07:20 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Namor is easily among the elite cl 100 of marvel earth

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 07:23 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Neither of this guys should be harmed or bothered not even by a high velocity bullets as both of them can withstand the pressures at bottom of the ocean with out a problem.

Seems to me that on land they are pretty even on strength, that might change under water though.

What does the aquaman or namor experts say?

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 08:41 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^That would be...Mera and Dorma?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 11:36 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Neither of this guys should be harmed or bothered not even by a high velocity bullets as both of them can withstand the pressures at bottom of the ocean with out a problem.

Seems to me that on land they are pretty even on strength, that might change under water though.

What does the aquaman or namor experts say?

Aquaman gets no strength boost in water. The only thing he ever got out of it was regeneration, healing, and he tends to have better mobility then most characters.

http://m.imgur.com/a/XWcPA

Aquaman never really states he's stronger in water maybe more powerful given stuff like regeneration, healing, mobility, and sea creatures but that's it. In terms of Strength he suggest he's stronger and Quicker on land several times, and I'd assume Durability should be the same regardless of environment.

Even Pre-Crisis when he had that 1 hour weakness he didn't really get weaker on land till he started freaking out at the 59 mark or something and that weakness went away After Pre-Crisis. Referenced some Post-Crisis as a joke.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/aquam...ead-1768562/#18

Namor tends to comment a lot on how his strength is unmatched under the sea though so he might have a big boost underwater.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 01:34 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The only way they bothered Aquaman was by pissing him off.

I'm confused because it clearly shows him being shot with bullets and them drawing blood. It's not like Aquaman started crying or yelled "ouch" but they clearly hurt him. I'm thinking Namor wouldn't even notice gunfire.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 01:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Surtur
I'm confused because it clearly shows him being shot with bullets and them drawing blood. It's not like Aquaman started crying or yelled "ouch" but they clearly hurt him. I'm thinking Namor wouldn't even notice gunfire.

Agreed, though a better way to put him might be the bullets affected Aquaman.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 01:48 PM
EcstaticGrace

It's irrelevant to the strength topic. Sure bullets can scratch the surface of his skin but it does nothing to the actual muscle itself which is said to be 10 times that of a Human. I believe the typical Asgardian muscle density is 3 times of a human.

Wonder Woman has been harmed by bullets more then New52 Aquaman or Namor by personal feats though she's stronger then either.

Regardless Aquaman has better durability to heat based attacks like heat vision then Namor.

Last edited by EcstaticGrace on Apr 30th, 2016 at 01:55 PM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 01:53 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Side note: Pretty much every single version of Aquaman should be turned into the version from the Batman Brave and the Bold cartoon, it would be awesome.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 01:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Side note: Pretty much every single version of Aquaman should be turned into the version from the Batman Brave and the Bold cartoon, it would be awesome.

I like the beard but I prefer the Regal and Darker versions I wouldn't mind if Aquaman got drunk on Sea rum and started acting like Brave and The Bold version.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 01:58 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's irrelevant to the strength topic.

Wonder Woman has been harmed by bullets more then New52 Aquaman or Namor by personal feats though she's stronger then either.

Regardless Aquaman has better durability to heat based attacks like heat vision then Namor.

Yes, but the comment I was quoting seemed to be ignoring that the scan was indeed showing a difference between Namor and Aquaman in how they'd handle those attacks.

But yes it doesn't show anything in regards to who is physically stronger.

For which I still stand by saying that current Aquaman is probably a lot closer to Namor then past versions.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 01:58 PM
CosmicComet

Aquaman was great in that show.

I pretty much liked every character in Brave and Bold, even characters I generally don't like at all, like Batman himself. lol

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 02:01 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote