KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Namor vs Aquaman comparative strength

Namor vs Aquaman comparative strength
Started by: Rao Kal El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EcstaticGrace

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Yes, but the comment I was quoting seemed to be ignoring that the scan was indeed showing a difference between Namor and Aquaman in how they'd handle those attacks.

But yes it doesn't show anything in regards to who is physically stronger.

For which I still stand by saying that current Aquaman is probably a lot closer to Namor then past versions.

Current Aquaman tends to hang with higher characters of his Universe he's above Namor.

Past Versions by scaling like PC Upwards had better feats then Powergirl.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 02:01 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Aquaman was great in that show.

I pretty much liked every character in Brave and Bold, even characters I generally don't like at all, like Batman himself. lol

Yep the show perfectly captured the Silver Age.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 02:01 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Current Aquaman tends to hang with higher characters of his Universe he's above Namor.

I'm not exactly really sure what you mean by this. Like post crisis Aquaman generally wasn't presented as a physical peer of people like Superman and Wonder Woman.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 02:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

I'm not exactly really sure what you mean by this. Like post crisis Aquaman generally wasn't presented as a physical peer of people like Superman and Wonder Woman.

He had several feats back then to suggest he was above certain characters.

Superman and Wonder Woman tend to get more exposure and storyline where they're heavily featured in the JL or DCU and most writers played with their physicals.

Aquaman it varied with writers but again he has enough feats to justify my opinion that he's higher given he doesn't struggle with lower tier characters like Spiderman and Thing physically given earlier comments in this thread.

Physical fights
All-Knowing (Creature that oneshotted Powergirl), Amazo (Pretty sure we know who this is), Despero (Pretty sure we know who this is), Lobo and that's off head. Even in the 1985 Suicide Squad title Piscator vs Aquaman. There's the fight in the PAD run Triton vs Aquaman. Triton a guy who pretty much manhandled a young Diana and Arthur

Even in Panic in the Sky Jurgens suggested where he sees Aquaman, Johns has shown where he sees Aquaman, PAD has shown where he sees Aquaman and these are pretty highly regarded writers for Aquaman.

"In our League?"

http://imgur.com/wtATi9D

Fought some invaders that "can go head to head with Superman"

http://imgur.com/i3LPeyh

"Like the strongest people on Earth"

http://imgur.com/PmaR71A

Aquaman vs Despero

http://imgur.com/a/vUhDg

Aquaman vs Wonder Woman

http://imgur.com/a/88fW0

Last edited by EcstaticGrace on Apr 30th, 2016 at 02:18 PM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 02:15 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Uh, no.
But hey, its all about the difference of opinion.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 02:15 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He had several feats back then to suggest he was above certain characters.

Superman and Wonder Woman tend to get more exposure and storyline where they're heavily featured in the JL or DCU and most writers played with their physicals.

Aquaman it varied with writers but again he has enough feats to justify my opinion that he's higher given he doesn't struggle with lower tier characters like Spiderman and Thing physically given earlier comments in this thread.

Physical fights
All-Knowing (Creature that oneshotted Powergirl), Amazo (Pretty sure we know who this is), Despero (Pretty sure we know who this is), Lobo and that's off head. Even in the 1985 Suicide Squad title Piscator vs Aquaman.

Even in Panic in the Sky Jurgens suggested where he sees Aquaman, Johns has shown where he sees Aquaman, PAD has shown where he sees Aquaman and these are pretty highly regarded writers for Aquaman.

I am not doubting that there are some very high end feats for Aquaman out there, but surely you can agree that he hasn't really been generally presented as a peer of Class 100's like the ones I named?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 02:18 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Didn't Aquaman actually fought Titus for a full minute under water?

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 02:19 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Didn't Aquaman actually fought Titus for a full minute under water?

Pretty much but a lot of its off panel. I got that Aquaman us strong enough to make him feel his punch and durable enough to take a hit from Titus which is impressive given Titusville couldn't really be beaten by any single member of the JL

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 02:22 PM
EcstaticGrace

I am not doubting that there are some very high end feats for Aquaman out there, but surely you can agree that he hasn't really been generally presented as a peer of Class 100's like the ones I named?

Most of his physical feats are against cl 100 I'd place that as consistent regardless if there's not many of them. There's enough to suggest it's consistent enough to place him there and not much to dissuade it after maybe like 12 issues in PAD Aquaman.

Originally posted by riv6672
Uh, no.
But hey, its all about the difference of opinion.

Nothing I suggested was untrue. I suggest current Aquaman tends to hang around characters really top class on his Earth

Aquaman vs Hercules
Aquaman vs Wonder Woman
Aquaman vs Martian Manhunter
Aquaman breaking Graves pretas

Last edited by EcstaticGrace on Apr 30th, 2016 at 02:28 PM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 02:24 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyways most of those feats are just character statements. Now the Despero one...Aquaman shanks Despero from behind with what looks like a piece of rebar or something. Weren't you the one talking about piercing durability and all that?

Then with the Wonder Woman thing she clearly doesn't want to have to hurt Aquaman.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 02:24 PM
EcstaticGrace

Anyways most of those feats are just character statements. Now the Despero one...Aquaman shanks Despero from behind with what looks like a piece of rebar or something. Weren't you the one talking about piercing durability and all that?

Then with the Wonder Woman thing she clearly doesn't want to have to hurt Aquaman.

The statements are backed up with showings, writers tend to make statements to suggest where a character stands.

Wonder Woman is under mind control from Caelena she's not holding back.

Aquaman vs Despero goes on for like 3 or 4 pages.

Martian Manhunter "If he can't take you physically he'll resort to telepathy" which is what happened.

Not really I'm pretty sure you were focused on piercing durability I think it's irrelevant in regards to the strength topic.

Last edited by EcstaticGrace on Apr 30th, 2016 at 02:37 PM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 02:31 PM
Genii96

Ugh,
Namor beat hulk
Stalemated a BL thor
KO'd BRB
Stalemated hercules on land
Overpowered hercules underwater
Beat up rulk
Made thanos bleed
took on thors during SW
Stalemated BM
Made apocalypse flee
Etc,
In terms of hangong with the top dogs,namor is way ahead,and is quote more durable too

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 07:41 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

thumb up

Yeah. Namor's list of feats is pretty incredible.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 07:46 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The statements are backed up with showings, writers tend to make statements to suggest where a character stands.

Wonder Woman is under mind control from Caelena she's not holding back.

Aquaman vs Despero goes on for like 3 or 4 pages.

Martian Manhunter "If he can't take you physically he'll resort to telepathy" which is what happened.

Not really I'm pretty sure you were focused on piercing durability I think it's irrelevant in regards to the strength topic.

I'm quite curious what you're trying to say though. Post crisis Superman and post crisis Aquaman have an arm wrestling contest, who wins?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 07:50 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Post crisis Superman and post crisis Aquaman have an arm wrestling contest, who wins?

Superman is allowed to only use his pinkie which was broken moments ago by Darkseid, I understand? big grin

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 07:58 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

I'm quite curious what you're trying to say though. Post crisis Superman and post crisis Aquaman have an arm wrestling contest, who wins?

I'm not suggesting Aquaman is more stronger then Superman. I'm suggesting some writers don't have him hopelessly outclassed and he does have feats against characters considered S Class that show him hanging.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 08:12 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not suggesting Aquaman is more stronger then Superman. I'm suggesting some writers don't have him hopelessly outclassed and he does have feats against characters considered S Class that show him hanging.

But that doesn't really answer my question. How much effort do you think Superman would need to exert to defeat Aquaman in a contest of pure strength?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 08:15 PM
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by Genii96
Ugh,
Namor beat hulk
Stalemated a BL thor
KO'd BRB
Stalemated hercules on land
Overpowered hercules underwater
Beat up rulk
Made thanos bleed
took on thors during SW
Stalemated BM
Made apocalypse flee
Etc,
In terms of hangong with the top dogs,namor is way ahead,and is quote more durable too

Namor can't really beat modern versions of Hulk I'd be excited to see it but he's only ever faired well against older weaker versions of the character.

I don't know much about most these instances so I don't know how to take them but he broke the bones in his hand punching Thanos.. Carol seems to have punched Thanos further away without harming herself. Aquaman sent Superman flying and Superman was gone for about 6 pages and came back to ask "Where's Batman" who got taken down in the previous page showing Superman was gone for quite some time. Aquaman continued to use that fist throughout Throne of Atlantis.

Namor might have better durability to piercing objects but it's questionable to me in blunt force. Most of his fights against Thor look like he's avoiding Thor's hits and then hitting back when he does get tagged we usually see the effects of it.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 08:18 PM
EcstaticGrace

But that doesn't really answer my question. How much effort do you think Superman would need to exert to defeat Aquaman in a contest of pure strength?

Post-Crisis versions?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 08:19 PM
DarkSaint85

Let's say...both.

New 52, and Pre-52.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 08:19 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote