KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Arcann vs Dooku

Arcann vs Dooku
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Arcann vs Dooku

Information about Arcann: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/da...t-thread/103998.

I'm interested to see where you all put him now. I imagine the opinions of him have decreased slightly as time went on.

NOTE: For the sake of this thread, we are not considering the possibility of a defeat by the Hero of Tython.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 04:09 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Dooku. Good fight.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 04:14 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Arcann comfortably

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 04:36 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

tbh, it's probably Arcann if he can force a Force fight, given his tanking Valkorion's lightning [it was weakened but still capable of disabling distant ships] and the implication that he's the most powerful character in the galaxy sans his father. He doesn't have enough on him as a duelist for me to buy him beating Dooku in that category, so it comes down to how their comparative advantages interact.

Can Arcann teleport? If he can, he probably wins. Otherwise it probably depends on starting distance. He probably can't ragdoll Dooku outright (I'd say you need to be Palpatine tier to do that), but his chances of overwhelming his defenses probably increase the longer the battle lasts.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 04:41 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

I don't believe Arcann has shown himself capable of teleportation.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 04:42 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Savage Opress sent Count Dooku packing across the hall. You don't need to be Palpatine to affect Count Dooku in a significant way.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 04:43 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Savage Opress sent Count Dooku packing across the hall. You don't need to be Palpatine to affect Count Dooku in a significant way.

In the force or with his strength? Because if we're talking about the Force Savage has only ever overcome Dooku briefly when enraged.

If we're talking about his physical strength disarming the Count then I find it important to bring up the fact that Dooku was likely not expecting such a precise or physically powerful strike from Savage. He was essentially training a blank slate but when Ventress arrived she granted him his former memories as a combatant.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 04:49 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

^ yeah, but just shoving Dooku isn't going to kill him.

I'd say Arcann needs to either overwhelm him outright, or survive in their duel long enough to spot an opening in Dooku's Force defenses.

Somewhat arbitrarily I'd give 5/10 odds if they start from 10 meters.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 04:52 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

50/50, honestly.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 04:53 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Syndicate
In the force or with his strength? Because if we're talking about the Force Savage has only ever overcome Dooku briefly when enraged.

If we're talking about his physical strength disarming the Count then I find it important to bring up the fact that Dooku was likely not expecting such a precise or physically powerful strike from Savage. He was essentially training a blank slate but when Ventress arrived she granted him his former memories as a combatant.

Sith train themselves to draw on their emotions for strength. Becoming enraged is easy for them.

Savage Opress managed to put Count Dooku in a choke-hold while enraged (and this happened when Opress's training was far from complete). Later on, Savage Opress would defeat Plo Koon [1 on 1] (when he is much better trained) and people perceive Plo Koon as one of the strongest Jedi of the Order.

Strength is also a good factor. Arcann is physically very strong as well; Arcann disarmed a powerful Sith Lord (Darth Atroxa) with bare hands and knocked several Sith Warriors unconscious with his physical blows alone (All of this in the same battle).

Seriously, Count Dooku is outgunned in this contest.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Apr 30th, 2016 at 05:13 AM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 05:05 AM
Syndicate

There is a standard level of power for beings and a level of power they can employ when enraged ( which is not their base level whether they're drawing on their anger or not ). Regardless Savage was not trained for more then a few days.

Your point being?

Can you give me his best strength feats? Those feats don't seem to be better then bending durasteel and ripping out a durasteel console from the floor of a capital ship tbh.

In what way?

Last edited by Syndicate on Apr 30th, 2016 at 05:11 AM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 05:09 AM
S_W_LeGenD

There is a standard level of power for beings and a level of power they can employ when enraged ( which is not their base level ). Regardless Savage was not trained for more then a few days.

Point is that a much better trained Savage Opress might put Count Dooku in a choke-hold without being enraged.

Yes, and?

And it should tell you how much he grew with proper training.

Can you give me his best strength feats? Those feats don't seem to be better then bending durasteel and ripping out a durasteel console from the floor of a capital ship tbh.

You think that damaging some inanimate objects is more difficult then disarming a powerful Sith Lord with bare hands? Seriously?

In what way?

In all areas.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Apr 30th, 2016 at 05:17 AM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 05:12 AM
Syndicate

He may or may not be able to do such a thing ( my bets on not considering he never showed a significantly better feat later on ), that's just speculation. Regardless it has no bearing on Arcann's capabilities.

Yes, and? I'm failing to see how that's relevant.

I edited my post after I saw your edit. As I said knocking some force users out and disarming a Sith Lord is not equivalent to Grievous's feats a being who's blows Dooku casually parried.

Could you walk me through why you believe Arcann to be superior?

Last edited by Syndicate on Apr 30th, 2016 at 05:29 AM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 05:16 AM
S_W_LeGenD

He may or may not be able to do such a thing ( my bets on not considering he never showed a significantly better feat later on ), that's just speculation. Regardless it has no bearing on Angral's capabilities.

There is no reason to assume why he (i.e. Savage Opress) could not. He was able to affect even Palpatine with this telekinetic abilities.

Yes, and? I'm failing to see how that's relevant.

Defeating Plo Koon is not an impressive showing and indicative of growth in power and abilities?

I edited my post after I saw your edit. As I said knocking some non force users out and disarming a Sith Lord is not equivalent to Grievous's feats a being who's blows Dooku casually parried.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

(please log in to view the image)

All of those victims were Force-users. The Twi'lek is Darth Atroxa.

Now show me a comparable feat from Count Dooku.

Parrying Grievous's blows? Seriously? That was something that even a padawan could do.

Could you walk me through why you believe Arcann to be superior?

Arcann is a match for any protagonist. Want me to elaborate the capabilities of each protagonist?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 05:21 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by |King Joker|
50/50, honestly.

Arcann >

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 05:25 AM
Syndicate

I looked into the RT. Couldn't find the feat you're referring to. Mind linking me the video and timestamp it occurs at?

Sure it is but like I said I'm not really sure what this has to do with Arcann's capabilities.

Should I know her? Does she have some impressive strength feat of her own that makes Arcann's own feat of disarming her enough to be a viable advantage against Dooku?

I am well aware of the capabilities of the protagonists thank you. I can even understand why you'd think Arcann might have a force advantage. I'm not really sure I understand why you think he'd be a superior lightsaber combatant or why Arcann's force advantage would allow him to overcome Dooku when Yoda himself was unable to.

Last edited by Syndicate on Apr 30th, 2016 at 05:31 AM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 05:28 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I think Arcann's physical edge over Dooku should be fairly obvious, Syndicate.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 05:30 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I think Arcann's physical edge over Dooku should be fairly obvious, Syndicate.

Given neither Yoda nor Grievous's strength showed to be of notable concern to the Count I'd have to beg to differ.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 05:32 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

What? Yoda's strength was of complete concern to the Count. Yoda's lightsaber was completely immovable from its position while Dooku was pouring out all his strength.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 05:34 AM
Syndicate

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
What? Yoda's strength was of complete concern to the Count. Yoda's lightsaber was completely immovable from its position while Dooku was pouring out all his strength.

It wasn't enough to provide a viable threat do Dooku himself though. Enough to stone wall Dooku in a saber lock sure ( which is only to be expected given its Yoda ) but the only time Dooku has been disadvantaged by strength based opponents is by Savage when he was caught off guard by his combative skill in conjunction with the Zabrak's enormous strength and in his fight with a focused Chosen One and later on when Anakin's rage was being stroked by Sidious.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 05:37 AM