KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Bane vs. Qui Gon (sabers)

Darth Bane vs. Qui Gon (sabers)
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheDarthBoy

Thanks for the tip, but your giving it to the wrong person.

Anyways when it comes to Bane Im not putting my mind to use on him, he has is pretty much a meat shield to fans nowadays.
So its damn near impossible to change ones opinions on a very IMO fan underpowered character in the mytho's.

I mean in the future ill look back and laugh at the hilarious power scaling and how often they change them.

Im not using Bane here or any other severely over or under estimated or hyped characters, thats final.

Last edited by TheDarthBoy on May 1st, 2016 at 09:34 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:27 AM
Click here to Send TheDarthBoy a Private Message Find more posts by TheDarthBoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Just ignore him, he's just being a *****.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:29 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

lol who are you talking to?

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:35 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheDarthBoy
Anyways when it comes to Bane Im not putting my mind to use on him, he has is pretty much a meat shield to fans nowadays.
So its damn near impossible to change ones opinions on a very IMO fan underpowered character in the mytho's.

You haven't even tried to show me any of your brilliant arguments. I used to rank Bane much more highly; others' arguments changed my mind. I highly doubt that yours could, since you're obviously a sh*t tier debater, but who knows?

quote:

I mean in the future ill look back and laugh at the hilarious power scaling and how often they change them.

It's clear from your signature that you think you're really smart, which astounds me. Like school alone should have hit you in the face with that idea.

quote:

Im not using Bane here or any other severely over or under estimated or hyped characters, thats final.

Then GTFO of my thread and go back to learning your ABCs.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:37 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by The Ellimist
I may speak in Carthage's troll-ish language, but I genuinely think that Bane could lose in a duel to Qui Gon. He's canonically the weakest of the Banite line, which grows continuously in power through about thirty Sith all the way to Sidious. As I've been over before, even like a 5% power creep per generation would lead to Sidious quadrupling Bane's power. A 5% power creep seems to fall on the conservative side, given that a significant portion of apprentices seem to defeat their master in personal combat, and then grow stronger afterwards.

In either case, you compound each Sith master getting powerful by a large enough margin to consistently defeat the previous, and one thousand years later, Bane would literally get one-shotted by Sidious. It's not too unrealistic to say that he could lose to Qui Gon.
In all honesty that only makes Palpatine stronger, not Bane weaker, its not as if Palpatine wouldn't one shot Qui-Gon either.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:45 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Well it's not an exact science; I think that we can put some reasonable upper limits on what the gap between Palpatine and X PT character could be given power chains from Palpatine/Yoda -> Dooku -> Obi Wan -> Maul -> Ventress -> etc.

I could see people thinking that Bane could take Qui Gon though. Once you get to, say, Dooku, it becomes impossible.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:48 AM
TheDarthBoy

You haven't even tried to show me any of your brilliant arguments. I used to rank Bane much more highly; others' arguments changed my mind. I highly doubt that yours could, since you're obviously a sh*t tier debater, but who knows?

Im not even gonna answer that, Its just stupid, resorting to insults is just grand.

It's clear from your signature that you think you're really smart, which astounds me. Like school alone should have hit you in the face with that idea.

*yawns*

Then GTFO of my thread and go back to learning your ABCs.

Is that a threat?

Ohhhhhhhhhh im so roasted, KMC roast of 2016

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:51 AM
Click here to Send TheDarthBoy a Private Message Find more posts by TheDarthBoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDarthBoy

Originally posted by Nephthys
Just ignore(Love) him, he's just being a ***** (nice person).

Thanks buddy

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:52 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I can just hear the fast food frying behind your future self.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:54 AM
MythLord
Diamond

Bane murks him, twice over.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:56 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDarthBoy

I can see the future of someone im really mad at cuz I hate his guts now.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:56 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Well it's not an exact science; I think that we can put some reasonable upper limits on what the gap between Palpatine and X PT character could be given power chains from Palpatine/Yoda -> Dooku -> Obi Wan -> Maul -> Ventress -> etc.

I could see people thinking that Bane could take Qui Gon though. Once you get to, say, Dooku, it becomes impossible.
Can we? Yoda never brought his Force powers fully to bear on Dooku (whereas we don't know how multitudes of power translate into lightsaber combat) all we know is his peer can choke the guy over hologram, and destroy people in his league and an excess of it e.g. Maul, Anakin, Starkiller. If we were to assume Bane around Dooku level, its not unreasonable to assume Dooku is as vastly beneath him.

Regardless, if we were to assume otherwise, I would say that an assessment of Bane's feats alone would lead him to be placed significantly higher (than whatever fodder level you'd put him at), does that mean these feats should be considered inaccurate? If not false?

Last edited by Beniboybling on May 1st, 2016 at 10:12 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:58 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDarthBoy

Okay all seriousness though, Placing Bane Above Dooku in raw force power is abit high reaching. I see them as albeit even on the playing field though.

But Beni Bane is featless and doesnt match the power creep from the new disney novel.......*slaps wrist*

Old Post May 1st, 2016 10:08 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I personally have Bane above Dooku but your welcome to that opinion, placing Bane lower only adds credence to my case though.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 10:10 AM
TheDarthBoy

Originally posted by Beniboybling
I personally have Bane above Dooku but your welcome to that opinion, placing Bane lower only adds credence to my case though.

^^This is how you interact with other peoples opinions *casts bait*

Old Post May 1st, 2016 10:12 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 1st, 2016 10:14 AM
TheDarthBoy

............Caught the wrong fish.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 10:18 AM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Bane

Old Post May 1st, 2016 01:22 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote