KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The Architect.... The Great Trickster.

The Architect.... The Great Trickster.
Started by: maul's woman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
turin

who knows? there is probably only two guys that know wether it is coincidence or not.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post May 29th, 2003 10:19 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

Ah the LEFT...

The lefthand of things. The ultimate reality probably. Things that you are not suppose to know but you want to know. Things hidden. The leftside and lefthand of everything is the most difficult I guess. Things coming at you out of left field.

The left? Things close to the heart. It will be good to know if the Wachowski brothers are lefthanded. smile

Anyway, excellent observation Alaba!!! We are basically left brain dominated, but the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body. For Neo the right side of his brain was stimulated by the Architect with his "left side of reality" logic. UH OH!!! Very interesting.

Has anybody read Carlos Castaneda? I wouldn't be surprised if the Wachowski brothers read it. It has to do with the "left side of reality"... the Narwal. The most difficult aspect of life and reality.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 12:29 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

In a way all of these is really altered states of consciousness. The Wachowski Brothers are from that generation that was very hip to that way of thinking and philosophy. smile

Old Post May 30th, 2003 08:08 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

maul, i just figured this in the matrix, the oracle told neo he would have to choose between his life(destiny) and morpheous' life, and that one of them would have to die but neo went ahead and rescued morpheous and still retained his life(destiny). in reloaded, the architect told him he would have to chose between saving trinity and saving zion(destiny), but he went ahead, saved trinity and definitely would save zion, which all implies he's the one.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 09:05 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, Neo DID die in the original, remember? And Trinity DID die in the sequel. He was not lied to at any point.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2003 09:07 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

Plus he was told that because he needed to be told that. if it werent for that he would not have gone for morpheus and faced realization that he is the one.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 10:51 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tuur

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It is nothing to do with RISKING choice. The Architect has to accept that choice exists or the Matrix does not work, as he directly described in his conversation.

I think people are overcomplicating. The Architect is the creator of the matrix, as he says, and what he told Neo was all true.

Yep. By design there is choice in this version of the Matrix.

I don't see why Neo's code would be needed for a reboot of the system though (this is what the Arhitect says, isn't it?). It would be optimised for the next Matrix version, but I think it's a bit strange.

Or wouldn't there be a reboot, but would Neo's code stabilize the system instead? After all, he's is the one who changed the Matrix in the first place.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 09:23 AM
Tuur is currently offline Find more posts by Tuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Architect wants to examine the anomaly personified. He is probably still working on wiping it out.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 11:58 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

i think the arqutect studied Neo since the begining thats why in M1 in the interrogation room there was monitors watching him.. the arquitect knews neos thoughts, so he can manipulated him. Otherwise neo is realized that him and only him can decided about what to do (sometimes) Ithink that is he doesnt listen the oracle and damn arquitect he will succed.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 12:52 PM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vee

Am new to this forum and am still trying to get my head around the Matrix and Matrix Reloaded. But one thought did cross my mind....could the Architect somehow be human and not a computer programme?

In one of the movies, someone said something about Power and how all Men wanted it..and when they had it they wanted more. Seemed to me that the architect had the power to do what ever he wanted within the Matrix.

Also, in Matrix 1 Morpheus (my spelling in kinda crap) said something about someone being born within the Matrix and he was the first etc and set the rest of them free.

I could be talking total crap here but what do you think? Have I REALLY not grasped the whole thing?!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 12:54 PM
Vee is currently offline Click here to Send Vee a Private Message Find more posts by Vee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

Definetly there was someone born within the matrix like morph said , But we saw in M2 that everything Morph belived wasnt real atleast.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 01:03 PM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
esoterra

Cool interpretation of the matrix reloaded

what do you think of this?

The Matrix Reloaded Decoded

jclune.com/MatrixReloadedDecoded.html

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 05:24 PM
esoterra is currently offline Click here to Send esoterra a Private Message Find more posts by esoterra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IJWTL

I like it. Never noticed the dots under the Architect's eyes.
I am hoping this is not a Matrix within a Matrix within a Matrix type thing. That becomes a little weak in terms of plot twists and a wimpy way to write yourself out of a jam.

One thing I have noticed, is that it seems as if Neo and the others are being used as pawns in a power struggle by the various programs. (The Oracle vs. The Frenchman vs. The Architect, etc.) If Neo really does bring down the Matrix, all the programs would end - and my guess is they do not want that. But, if he only brought down one of the programs (The Frenchman, by taking away his Keymaker), The Oracle and The Architect gain more power and control over the Matrix.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 06:37 PM
IJWTL is currently offline Click here to Send IJWTL a Private Message Find more posts by IJWTL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

His analyses are flawed in several ways, especially on immedaitely dismissing Neo as the anomaly and saying that Neo is te One in the real world.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 07:30 PM
alaba
THE ONE

nice deduction ijwtl.....i'll think on that. remember the merovingian accused them of only following orders and not knowing the 'why' of their actions meaning, they are being used for an end. but now that neo has realised he doesnt need choice, he can do what he wants and save humanity.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 07:52 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

YES THAT WAS I THOUGHT NEOS GONNA DO WHAT HE CONSIDER NECESARY, BUT THIS TIME BY HES OWN

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 12:40 AM
maul's woman

Ah! The Oracle vs. The Frenchman vs. The Architect... The Id, the Ego and the Superego. big grin Neo confronts the prime elements of the A.I. A test. He is being tested and he has confronted personally the 4 elements of existance. He has superhuman powers now. No one else has them and the A.I. has manifested itself as all of these psychological allogorical figures. The last was the most difficult... the "door of light" and the most difficult psychological manifestation of the A.I. - The Architect. His access to the next higher level of the A.I. was with a key which is the extension of the Keymaster.

Was it the purpose of the Architect to put Neo on the next evolutionary plan of the Matrix A.I. thus taking the Matrix itself to a higher evolutionary level of expression? All things "living" must evolve? Is Neo the key to that evolution of the A.I.?

Exiting door left... what evolutionary purpose does this actually have for Neo, humanity, and more importantly... the A.I.?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 12:46 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Still over-complicating.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 01:06 PM
maul's woman

It is complicated because the story is complicated. It may well turn out that Wachowski Inc. has made it so that this Matrix universe is a world within a world within a world. That's what makes it so fascinatingly complicated. Look at all the elements that they introduced there. They are not random but very intricate and complex events... the Oracle, the Architect, the Keymaster, the Agents, Rogue Agents, and various other things. There is nothing simple going on there. Neo is almost like a free roaming vapor that is not so free but moving from one level to the next ever higher with new powers revealed with every transcendance. That is why I think the brothers read Carlos Castaneda.

Also the Architect said to Neo that he will not see him again because by going through that door Neo moves to the next level. The next "person" he meets will be on a wholly different order and level. big grin

Last edited by maul's woman on Jun 3rd, 2003 at 03:37 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 03:35 PM
happy kine
mirth maker

Everyone (oracle, architect, meri... french guy) all know whats going to happen. Can they see the future? No. They have all been through this before and know what should happen. All previous "the ones" returned to the code... Neo did not. Now the control the machines like so much is gone (to me it didn't look like the architect was too please that neo was choosing the other door). Agent Smith is now a virus (which he accused humans of being in the first movie... irony). My guess is the machines and humans go to battle in and out of the Matrix and in the end all that left are people/program hybrids the live together like man and machine were meant to... the next step in evolution if you will. The best thing about this movie is it left a lot of questions, and not just about what will happen next.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 03:57 PM
happy kine is currently offline Click here to Send happy kine a Private Message Find more posts by happy kine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote