KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The Architect.... The Great Trickster.

The Architect.... The Great Trickster.
Started by: maul's woman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mac11586
Fallen Jedi

i say you are really making this way to compicated.

You can not keep assuming that the programs are lying to neo. In fact that isn't even possible since a program can't lie. That is a human trait. Programs do what they are programed to do. The arch fucntion is to get the code from the one and re-insert it. He is not there to play games with a human.

And how can you say that there is no free choice. You miss the entire theme of the whole triliogy when you say that. Since movie one it has been about choice. Neo chooses to save morph, to fight agent Smith, to believe he's the one.

In the second movie Trinity chooses to enter the matrix even after neo warned her. Persophene chose to help them even after her husband refused. To overlook choice makes it seem like you watched the movies with your eyes closed and your ears covered. It is totally stupid.

But to be fair you have your opinion and may turn out in the end to be right but i say that is highly unlikely and i desperately hope our two brothers are more clever than that.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 07:46 PM
mac11586 is currently offline Click here to Send mac11586 a Private Message Find more posts by mac11586 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

But the A.I. knew that Trinity was going to enter. It knows that Neo can "see" the future as it has created it. Remember, this is a world within a world within a dream. It knows exactly what is to occur, but Neo doesn't realize this yet. A lie can be a powerful way of hiding the ultimate truth. Humans cannot survive "ultimate truth". Neo is being groomed for it. As more and more power to do the extraordinary becomes very clear and evident to him then the closer he will get to that point in his "evolution" that the A.I. wants him before taking him to the next step... "the creator must join with V'ger". big grin

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:03 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

Im with you mac: I belive that neo is going to fight his cause coz he is his ownbeliver. He dont have to hear the orecle or even the architect hes gonna know what to do by her own instics coz that was his choice.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:13 PM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

He listened the Oracle at first but he really didnt belive her a lot coz he decided to save neo. Then he decided to fight the agents whenever the crew told him to run. And later the architect said that Trinitys gonna die and Neo prefered to save here; he didnt care about the architect said

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:16 PM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

So in M3 hes going to FIGHT in big words

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:16 PM
maul's woman

No doubt. big grin It will be the fight of all fights, but will the Architect's words bear any fruit in Neo's mind? I called the Architect the trickster. The trickster is one of the names for the Devil. I said that 6 is a magic number but it is also the number of the Devil. Humanity is about the reach the 7th realm in the existance of the Matrix. Where does Neo go from there? Does he meet another "personality" from the A.I.? Or does he "talk" to the A.I. itself?

"The creator must merge with V'Ger!"

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:31 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
systematicevil
kid tested, mom approved

MW - I agree with most of your opinions, but i have to say that the world within a world within a dream idea (while i can see where you get it), has a very high probability of being wrong.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:36 PM
systematicevil is currently offline Click here to Send systematicevil a Private Message Find more posts by systematicevil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
systematicevil
kid tested, mom approved

Also, did no body pick up on the fact that the programs do not know exactly what will happen. They have known what Neo will do up till a certain point. Most of the time they know that he will do something big, but they do not know for sure how he will do it.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:38 PM
systematicevil is currently offline Click here to Send systematicevil a Private Message Find more posts by systematicevil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

It doesn't matter. I am tossing around possibilities. THE MATRIX wouldn't be the first movie to have such scenarios or suspected scenarios. But it makes for exhilarating conversation and ideas. How do we know our own lives aren't a dream within a dream within a dream?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:39 PM
systematicevil
kid tested, mom approved

In fact if you pay attention to the dialouge as well as the action and sex then you will hear Smith say that the previous "the ones" did not do something that Neo has done. Also, the fact that Smith was in charge of handling things until Neo came along changes things this time around.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:40 PM
BEST TRINITY

Yes they were watching him since the begining

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:41 PM
systematicevil
kid tested, mom approved

Possibilities yes, I agree that they could be possible. But the whole idea of Neo being different is what makes this time (the sixth time) special.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:42 PM
maul's woman

He has what they needed. big grin

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:43 PM
rasselas

not seein the architect as the creator. he's a bak up program surely, another defence. the creator was a human rite? if so and if sion itself isnt another matrix then mustn't the creator be there or aboard a ship

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:44 PM
rasselas is currently offline Click here to Send rasselas a Private Message Find more posts by rasselas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

Remember the movie The One (jet li) there was 125 yous in the galaxies and if you killed the other yous; you became stronger and invensible.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:45 PM
systematicevil
kid tested, mom approved

I totally agree, I believe that the reason the architect looked so smug is that he needed Neo becouse he has become "bored" maybe something is failing or just isnt working as planned. But i do believe that, While they knew simply from probability that Neo would "occur", they do not know exactly what he will or can do.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:46 PM
maul's woman

Nothing of the kind. The Architect is smug because it is his nature by programming to look smug. It is a tease. It is a test. Just like all the images of Neo along the walls were a tease. When he said that he won't be there anymore is because his task is completed as far as dealing with Neo is concerned. Neo moves to the next level. big grin

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:50 PM
systematicevil
kid tested, mom approved

possibly...

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:54 PM
BEST TRINITY

Ohhhhhh maybe he goes to the next Matrix where neos cant find him. Coz he sounded very sure about that he wont be there . But i think neos gonna find him and hes gonna break his legs in three pieces

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:55 PM
systematicevil
kid tested, mom approved

umm, it is something to be considered. I suppose.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:57 PM