KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The Architect.... The Great Trickster.

The Architect.... The Great Trickster.
Started by: maul's woman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BEST TRINITY

HEY???

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Tevesh
yes. actually a friend of mine suggested that to me. i dismissed it thinking that he'd be way to old. besides, wasn't he supposed to start zion? so why would he be here.

I just saw the first movie, and Morpheus says that the year is closer to 2199. AI was created in the early part of the 21th century. So even if we take a 200 year time span, it's still only 200/6 = about 33.33 years on average. now that's pretty feasable. Maybe we'll find out what Saraph is all about in the next movie.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

33 years.... that was Jesus age. So every 33 years the one died and resurrect agin and again. But EVERY 33 years.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 03:43 PM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

why would a female version be distracting to the purpose?

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 03:46 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

Neo its been the One since the begining. Thats why the architect knew his reactions/emotions

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 03:48 PM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

Well Turin she will be a distraction. Females are like a lightening rod or a magnet for the male. He will be distracted by her and in some cases enslaved by her simply because of sex. The One who is female and a hottie too? Disaster. The A.I. wants someone to carry out its "directives" without the added baggage of sexuality, or an overabundance of sexual power. Neo doesn't have that. Therefore he is the perfect tool for what the A.I. wants. Females are not free because they have the added baggage of having babies and caring for them and the added baggage of having males running after her. Look at Niobe. Two guys basically fighting over her.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 03:56 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

true, but the architect talks about each "the one" has controls on them that caused them to choose the door to reboot. in Neos case it was trinity, which was a bad chose by the architect, but with a woman she would love it when guys fight over her (the all do, lol) so she would want to preserve and reboot the matrix, but she also wouldnt want to share her man in the rebuilding of zion, so maybe it would be a bad idea to have a woman "one".

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 05:54 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

Actually women don't really like it when guys fight over them. It's animalistic and very counterproductive. Especially if the woman don't like either man. I had that situation once and I left both of them. HA! But anyway, a really beautiful woman as THE ONE would be counterproductive. Men are a little more free in their living and thinking by nature.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 06:07 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mac11586
Fallen Jedi

Why do people keep saying neo has been the one all of the previous times. There is absolutely no evidence to go with that. I know the argument the screens show his prior reactions. I think the screens are a tangible expression of how the arch. thinks. He considers all of the possiblites. The screens are just there for the audience and neo to see that he "knows" all of neos different responses.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 06:13 PM
mac11586 is currently offline Click here to Send mac11586 a Private Message Find more posts by mac11586 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
systematicevil
kid tested, mom approved

I agree with you mac, nicely put.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 06:27 PM
systematicevil is currently offline Click here to Send systematicevil a Private Message Find more posts by systematicevil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

mauls woman, i guess in the least it makes you feel wanted when dudes fight over you, and i have known some that really enjoyed it. you must be a better person then most women, lol. i keep that attitude i'll never get past the first date with any one, lol. i get what you mean though about her being a distraction.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:05 PM
maul's woman

Lol!!! Turn, a perspective view of sex and power. A position of power for a woman is good. But she can't be extraordinarily beautiful or better yet...overly sexy. That is a major distraction. If she is a common looking person, or even abit homely or better yet older or old, would be better because there will be no consentration on her sexuality.

Anyway, to answer Mac, I've never said that Neo was THE ONE all the time and in all the other incarnations. He is The One now. The others are long dead.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:25 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

MW does not speak for all women some of whom LOVE being fought over.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:26 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

Another thing... it would be better for the One to be a man because the Architect's grilling of The One would have put many many obstacles in the path of a female The One. Most likely she would have a lover like Neo does, but there is the possibility that she would have children. BIG PROBLEM. She would NOT want to see her children die. It would be much much harder for a female THE ONE.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:27 PM
paranoid_f_ck

yes but how does rebooting the matrix give him the chance to remake zion

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:30 PM
paranoid_f_ck is currently offline Click here to Send paranoid_f_ck a Private Message Find more posts by paranoid_f_ck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It doesn't. That is something he is given the chance to do seperately. But obviously he cannot select new human subjects from the Matrix for Zion if they are all dead, can he?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:31 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

The Architect told Neo that he will have to choose 23 humans to repopulate Zion. While that is happening the Matrix would jettison dead and dying humans still in their pods and reduce them to liquid food for the still healthy ones. The system would be backed up and more upgraded programs and humans will be installed per the A.I.'s instructions. Of course Neo does not fully realize this yet and the Architect gave him only half truths.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:34 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There is no 'of course' about it.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:39 PM
maul's woman

There is. But Neo hostility toward the Architect is understandable and real enough. He was given a "choice" between Trinity's life and the lives of all of Zion. He understands that he is a very important piece in the equation, but he is not fully aware of the entirety of his "importance". So, of course, he is unaware.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:43 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, there is NOT an 'of course'. Once again, that is arrogant assumption. You do not KNOW it. You cannot PROVE it. You just THINK it. So that is not 'of course'.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:44 PM
maul's woman

It is an "of course" in an intellectual way. Doesn't have to be the true outcome of the film. But the joy of "expanded universe" assumptions until we are told otherwise. Majority of the information will not be told us in the films anyway so it is lots of fun in these intellectual leaps. big grin

Plus the Wachowski Brothers may have something up their sleeves for REVOLUTIONS that will completely blow our minds and that is the best of all.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:50 PM
turin

well personally i think it is definitely a correct assumption that neo does not know everything about the matrix or what is going to happen in the matrix, so of course does aply. if he did know everything why would he even be bothering going about this game that the architect has set in place to control "the one".

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 10:22 PM