KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Revan 3.0 vs. FotJ Luke Skywalker (peak performance)

Revan 3.0 vs. FotJ Luke Skywalker (peak performance)
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
The mighty DarthAnt66 reduced to petty insults before me, sumptuous.

So you actually don't deny lying and trying to pass off that fanfic as a quote like you lied about those Exar Kun feats?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:22 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Edit

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:25 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Why would you prove my point? All you've ever done is try to belittle me personally and you've never been capable of actually doing anything of meaning.

I mean you pointed out illegitimate quotes three years ago, then went on this power trip over supposedly conquering the swtor forum, where Beni still reigns, you tried to get me banned here and failed, you made fake accounts just to try and claim I'm a sock on CV and then a simple IP Address trace from the mods stopped that attempt.

You've been suspemded for three months, I haven't been once.

You're all hot air and no action, now I've wrecked your shite attempts at Revan>Nihilus.

Just give up this brovado, you've accomplished nothing.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:26 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by carthage
So you actually don't deny lying and trying to pass off that fanfic as a quote like you lied about those Exar Kun feats?

Welcome to 2014, Carthage, haven't you got irrelevancy in the face of JKBart and Ellimist to deal with?

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:28 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

You're all hot air and no action, now I've wrecked your shite attempts at Revan>Nihilus..

Typing two sentences destroy a canon statement now? laughing out loud

A lot of people have challenged it in the past like Nephthys and Zampano.

The quote has stood throughout the debates. It stands now.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:29 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I am indeed superior Carthage in all capacities.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:30 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Ant, if you find Meetra's word to be gospel, do you accept that Palpatine > Vitiate?

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:31 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Welcome to 2014, Carthage, haven't you got irrelevancy in the face of JKBart and Ellimist to deal with?

I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. I just want confirmation that you didn't deliberately try to mislead posters by posting fake feats/quotes in a respect thread.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:32 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Edit - I'll just let AP respond

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:37 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I thought they were legit and was proven otherwise, the consequences are obvious however.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:41 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Tbh I buy that

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:43 AM
Jmanghan

Any Luke past RoTJ is beating Revan unless he's on a Revan nexus, which is impossible.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:45 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Revan can dominate soldiers with his mind though.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:50 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I think Ant should actually respond to you instead of trolling, but I do disagree:

Revan isn't more powerful, he never was and never will be, Meetra claiming that the Revanchist had a greater command of the Force than anybody she'd met, is fine when we stick to the idea of a command of the Force, conventional power. It doesn't make any sense to include Darth Nihilus among that list when the Exile herself believes Nihilus' power to be impossible and that he was infact far more powerful than she originally had been led to believe.

She can't think Jedi Revan is more powerful than Darth Nihilus if Darth Nihilus' prowess was unfathomable to her when described by Visas Marr and when she confronts him properly realises he was far more powerful than even that.

When Meetra meets Nihilus she realizes that he is far more powerful than she had imagined, yes, but her assessment of Revan's abilities come after this.

quote:

Besides Meetra's fangirlism,

I do think it's possible that Meetra is simply a Revan fangirl, is trying to reassure herself of their ability to defeat the Emperor, or might just genuinely be mistaken. I don't think that's the likely scenario though. I find her to be reliable enough that I would need some pretty solid evidence to the contrary to disbelieve her.

quote:

Revan with a Malachor V amp could corrupt the minds of a fleet, Nihilus with that same amp could telekinetically rip a fleet from the gravity well and without that amp sustain said fleet with his powers.

This isn't really a fair comparison; Revan never really needs to lift a fleet from Malachor, so we have no idea if he could have done so. In the absence of Meetra's accolade I could take it that it's more probable that Nihilus surpasses him, but as it only establishes lower limits and not side-by-side comparisons I don't see it as contradicting what Meetra said.

Also, Revan Reborn > Darth Revan.

quote:

Revan with a Yavin IV amp and a machine purpose built to absorb the life of a planet, could cause enough death to fuel said machine. Darth Nihilus utterly ravaged the surface of multiple worlds and consumed all life from them.

Nihilus's drain is a special case stemming from his weird Force hunger thing and not necessarily proportional to the rest of his abilities, unless if you think Nihilus > RotS Palpatine.

quote:

Revan was never greater than Nihilus, if we're taking Avellone seriously, they intended for Nihilus' mask to be Revan's skull but they were blocked by LucasArts. The obvious intention being that Nihilus can kill Revan and cut his skull out of his face. What could have been....

I'm sure they intended lots of things as one would with any creative work, but what matters is the story in the final cut.

Nihilus could probably defeat Darth Revan via his gigadrain, but he isn't more powerful overall.

Last edited by The Ellimist on May 1st, 2016 at 07:12 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:09 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

The point being that Ant makes the claim that Jedi Revan must be more powerful than Darth Nihilus because Meetra says Revan has a greater command of the Force than anybody she's met.

My point is that this can't include Darth Nihilus, because if she thinks his power is impossible and later that her aforementioned estimations of his power were underestimates, then she can't have the existing mindset that a Revan she has already met is more powerful. Why would she considered Nihilus' power impossible if she thinks Revan is the GOAT among people she has met.

It's nonsensical, therefore she must not be considering Darth Nihilus in an estimate of Revan's command of the Force, something there is a pre-existing precedence for. Meetra Surik and Kreia don't consider Darth Nihilus' titanic prowess in the Force to be conventional, infact they outright have the mindset that his power controls and thus consumes him. In other words Nihilus has no command of the Force, he is an aberration.

The massive irony being Revan's vaunted status as the heart of the Force in Kreia's point of view, because Revan is the conventional Force powerhouse whereas Nihilus is exactly the opposite of that.

Last edited by AncientPower on May 1st, 2016 at 07:33 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:29 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Or, and get this because it might just blow your mind, Nihilus isn't as impressive in TOR. They know who he is. He has holocrons in the game. And no one cares, because Nihilus is no longer impressive.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:39 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

You mean where it was stated in SWTOR media that the Sith Triumvirate had killed tens of thousands of Jedi, that Bastila and Revan wouldn't have dared face the Triumvirate themselves and that Nihilus was the leader of the group that the TOR Jedi Order acknowledge nearly wiped them out.

Not impressive at all.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:45 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

AP seems to have this well in hand. Meetra's statement has never held up and the idea that Jedi Revan >>> Nihilus is blatantly retarded.

It's also notable that Meetra only fought a vastly weakened Nihilus rather than him at full strength.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:46 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

With an army. Because they had an army. With an army. No, not really? The idea that you think Revan would face Vitiate but not Nihilus is definitely one of the most retarded you've ever had.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:46 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

An army that Nihilus led. thumb up

Revan says himself that he wouldn't have dared face what Meetra did, I never once said or claimed that I believe that is the case. But according to Ant the opinions of characters in Star Wars The Old Republic Revan are infallible canonical facts.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:50 AM