KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Revan vs Count Dooku

Who is the superior combatant?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Dooku 17 36.17%
Revan 30 63.83%
Total: 47 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Revan vs Count Dooku
Started by: Sinious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
I wasn't one of them I promise

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:04 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Aurbere
DMB is so incredibly salty right now.

I observed that as well. I suspect Walgreens ran out of his favorite brand of tampon.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:47 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

They need to be curved like Bane's lightsaber hilt. Otherwise why waste my money tbh

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Emperordmb
They need to be curved like Bane's lightsaber hilt. Otherwise why waste my money tbh

I see. Stops the flow and stimulates you.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:51 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Originally posted by |King Joker|
smile

Oh, you've seen my YouTube channel?

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:13 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well, given that Anakin always performed very well against Dooku in TCW before growing colossally more powerful by ROTS, (Dooku feared Anakin's power even in LoE,) and that Vader being stated as superior to Anakin doesn't have any sort of stipulations, yeah, Dooku gets plowed. Anakin's plowing of Dooku is actually pretty consistent, all things considered.
lmao how is it consistent when Dooku was handling the both of them 10 seconds before the confrontation? Oh and incase you missed, there is this dialogue right before Anakin starts fighting much better where Dooku says enraging stuff. Let's not pretend like the scene wasn't portraying a change in Anakin's performance before and after that interaction.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:32 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Wut? And wasn't. Dooku felt so pressured he thought he needed backup to win.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:34 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

It's perfectly consistent with how well Anakin does 1v1 against Dooku throughout TCW before growing far more powerful by ROTS, plus, like you said, using his anger. As we all know, Vader is completely incapable of using his hatred and anger. erm

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:37 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

thumb up

People just don't want to accept the logical chain i.e. Vader > Ahsoka > Dooku. smile

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:41 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Wrong. Only Anakin can use emotions Beni. smilesmilesmile

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:42 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

LOL Anakin's immense potential can lead to variations in his performance. When he is in the mood, focused, or using his anger, hatred etc. it's not that unexpected to see him outperform himself to greater extends compared to less gifted characters. He becomes an even more complex case if you add his imbalanced psychology that has kept him back for most of the time. Vader matured up, and was focused. He mastered the force much better, but Darth Vader's potential was vastly limited after Mustafar, unless you're serious with the "he didn't lose his potential" thing, which would put you in the same tier with Tempest's FS=universe buster arguments and Board Walker.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post May 1st, 2016 11:31 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

To play devil's advocate on my phone...

Yoda couldn't ragdoll Vjun Dooku
Revan + Vjun amp would prob lose to Vitiate, given that him + strike team are implied to not be enough
Yoda > Vitiate, as multiple canon sources say RotS Sidious > all sith and one or two gives it to TPM Sidious as well
Ergo, subtract Vjun from both sides of the first statement -
Yoda - Vjun can't ragdoll Dooku
Vitiate - Vjun can't ragdoll Dooku
Revan can't ragdoll Dooku
Ergo it defers to a duel, and given the disparate exclusivity of their accolades, Dooku wins too quickly for Revan's Force ability to matter.

GG

Old Post May 1st, 2016 11:40 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Sinious
LOL Anakin's immense potential can lead to variations in his performance. When he is in the mood, focused, or using his anger, hatred etc. it's not that unexpected to see him outperform himself to greater extends compared to less gifted characters. He becomes an even more complex case if you add his imbalanced psychology that has kept him back for most of the time. Vader matured up, and was focused. He mastered the force much better, but Darth Vader's potential was vastly limited after Mustafar, unless you're serious with the "he didn't lose his potential" thing, which would put you in the same tier with Tempest's FS=universe buster arguments and Board Walker.

"I don't actually have a logical counter but I do have my opinion." is a lot less words to write.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 11:53 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Tempest doesn't have a FS = universe buster argument. Tempest just quotes the Comics Companion. thumb up

Old Post May 1st, 2016 11:53 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Mmm, if only there was something that clarified on his potential as a Force user...

He stared at his reflection a long time. His injuries had deformed his body, left it a ruin, but they'd perfected his spirit, strengthening his connection to the Force. Suffering had birthed insight.

Oh yeah. smile

Old Post May 1st, 2016 11:59 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Tempest doesn't have a FS = universe buster argument. Tempest just quotes the Comics Companion. thumb up
I'm sorry, didn't you on multiple occasions claim that Palpatine was in fact a universe buster because of that quote? erm

You're still BW tier for acknowledging it.
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Mmm, if only there was something that clarified on his potential as a Force user...

He stared at his reflection a long time. His injuries had deformed his body, left it a ruin, but they'd perfected his spirit, strengthening his connection to the Force. Suffering had birthed insight.

Oh yeah. smile
Is this your way of saying you're as retarded as Freshest? smile

"That is why you fail."

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 12:06 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by Beniboybling

Oh yeah. smile

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 12:09 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

"I AM THE SOURCE MATERIAL!!!!"-Sinious 2016

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 12:24 AM
The_Tempest

I'm sorry, didn't you on multiple occasions claim that Palpatine was in fact a universe buster because of that quote? erm

You're still BW tier for acknowledging it.

Nah. What I did say is that the Emperor can generate Force storms that can consume all of space... Because I'm quoting the Comics Companion.

It's not my fault that Valky can't compete. erm

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 12:25 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Tbh it was probably a typo.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 12:30 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote