KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Vibranium vs Adamantium

Vibranium vs Adamantium
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Not any longer. Caps Shield may be tougher due to being fused with Uru and I suppose enchanted by Odin when he fixed it after the Serpent broke it.

Is this what you meant?
(please log in to view the image)
Wow.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 12:08 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Sin I AM
AoA and Ultimate versions arent as durable or something i cant remember.

Ah, okay thank you!
I wasnt going to bring it (and AoA) up, as i wasnt sure of canon, but since this seems to be more of a general information thread figured i'd throw it out there.
Again thanks.

Not sure about the blessing you asked about. Hopefully Stoic fills us in.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 12:13 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

1. Adamantine (Adamantium replicated by Olympion Gods)
2. Adamantium/Juggernaut
3. Caps Shield (Adamantium, Uru, Vibranium Mixture)
4. Vibranium/Uru
5. Thors Hammer
6. Osmium (Colossus)

Last edited by Braniac 5.0 on May 2nd, 2016 at 12:53 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 12:50 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
2. Adamantium/Juggernaut

6. Osmium (Colossus)

What the what? huh

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 12:55 PM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Originally posted by riv6672
What the what? huh
Juggernaut is as Durable as Adamantium

Osmium is the most durable metal in the known universe after the above(i got it from marvel website)

Last edited by Braniac 5.0 on May 2nd, 2016 at 01:13 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 01:03 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Adamantium, easily.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 01:27 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkOdin

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
1. Adamantine (Adamantium replicated by Olympion Gods)
2. Adamantium/Juggernaut
3. Caps Shield (Adamantium, Uru, Vibranium Mixture)
4. Vibranium/Uru
5. Thors Hammer
6. Osmium (Colossus)

Your list is way out of order,

1. Whatever the destroyer is made of it is the most durable

2. Adamantine/ uru it is draw uru usually is stronger then adamantine because it is blessed mjolnir is stronger then blessed uru because it is backed by the odinpower

3. Caps shield/ vibranium broken only by skyfather and above

4. Admantium weakest person to harm it was Jane Thor and has been slagged by odinpower

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 03:45 PM
DarkOdin is currently offline Click here to Send DarkOdin a Private Message Find more posts by DarkOdin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by DarkOdin
Your list is way out of order,

1. Whatever the destroyer is made of it is the most durable

2. Adamantine/ uru it is draw uru usually is stronger then adamantine because it is blessed mjolnir is stronger then blessed uru because it is backed by the odinpower

3. Caps shield/ vibranium broken only by skyfather and above

4. Admantium weakest person to harm it was Jane Thor and has been slagged by odinpower

Has it been stated what the destroyer is made of? It durability and power comes from the 3 sky fathers who empowered it. Not the nature of its metal.

What are you gettin this info from?

True

Not all adamantly is the same

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 04:06 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Adamantium is tougher

No. What you're talking about is Antarctic Vibranium which emits waves which breaks down and liquefies all metals including adamantium on the molecular level by simply being around it. imilar attacks on the moelcular level has wrecked adamantium. Otherwise neither metal can cut through the other. And Vibranium has been broken way more than adamantium

Lol@ "antarctic vibranium" being a thing. I wonder how it compares to "Louisiana Bayou vibranium" and things of that nature.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 04:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Surtur
Lol@ "antarctic vibranium" being a thing. I wonder how it compares to "Louisiana Bayou vibranium" and things of that nature.

It's also called anti-metal too. The reason its called Antarctic Vibranium because its biggest source is in Antarctica, while the vibration absorbing vibranium is called Wakandan Vibraium because its biggest source is Wakanda. Atleast it used to be

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 04:12 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkOdin

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Has it been stated what the destroyer is made of? It durability and power comes from the 3 sky fathers who empowered it. Not the nature of its metal.

What are you gettin this info from?

True

Not all adamantly is the same

Happy Dance Not sure what destroyer is made of it has torn mjolnir pretty easily heck the only thing to damage destroyer was the fourth host, and the door Jane Thor open was stated to be primary admantium if I remember correctly

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 04:22 PM
DarkOdin is currently offline Click here to Send DarkOdin a Private Message Find more posts by DarkOdin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

Adamantium is a mixture/alloy whose properties depend on the exact ratios of its constituents and also on the preparation conditions (temperature, pressure, mixing speed, additives, catalysts etc.). Thus, no batch of adamantium is exactly the same. It is easier to prepare the lower grades (secondary adamantium), and this process is also more commonly known, but the resulting durability is inferior to that of the primary grades of adamantium. In fact, Captain America's shield is, in a sense, also a particular type of adamantium since the "primary" adamantium was just a failed attempt to reproduce the metal alloy in the shield. It is unknown whether under some spectacular preparation conditions one could prepare an adamantium alloy even better than its primary and "shield" qualities.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 04:22 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Adamantium is stronger.

Not nearly as useful, though.

Nth metal beats them both applications wise. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 04:50 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Vibranium isn't renowned for its durability, but rather its ability to absorb and redirect energy. If Captain America's shield would've been solid adamantium then he would've been slammed across town every time his shield connected with a super powered-impact.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 05:08 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Astner
Vibranium isn't renowned for its durability, but rather its ability to absorb and redirect energy. If Captain America's shield would've been solid adamantium then he would've been slammed across town every time his shield connected with a super-powered impact.

Lol it just reminds me of the scene from "Wolverine Origins" where he blocks Deadpools optic blast with his claws and isn't even really pushed back by it.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 05:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Surtur
Lol it just reminds me of the scene from "Wolverine Origins" where he blocks Deadpools optic blast with his claws and isn't even really pushed back by it.

He is shown being pushed back
https://youtu.be/tzNx-QmRihM?t=186
Things like that happen. Heck, even in the comics, I've seen Cap block punches from the Destroyer armor with his original steel shield who in the same comics, and the armor in the same comic was shaking up the city with its punches. And She-Hulk struggled to block an attack from this huge extra-dimensional demon with the vibranium alloy shield, and a civilian who protected cap from a supervillains with that shield died. Cap fanboys love using those showings to say Cap is that tough

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Last edited by HulkIsHulk on May 2nd, 2016 at 05:25 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 05:21 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnificent M

Isn't The Destroyer infused with power from all the Skyfathers in the council of Godheads, not just Odin/Zeus/Vishnu?
And Adamantine is a separate metal from Adamantium if memory serves me right. -ium is named after it, though.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 05:24 PM
Magnificent M is currently offline Find more posts by Magnificent M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
He is shown being pushed back
https://youtu.be/tzNx-QmRihM?t=186
Things like that happen. Heck, even in the comics, I've seen Cap block punches from the Destroyer armor with his original steel shield who in the same comics, and the armor in the same comic was shaking up the city with its punches. And She-Hulk struggled to block an attack from this huge extra-dimensional demon with the vibranium alloy shield, and a civilian who protected cap from a supervillains with that shield died. Cap fanboys love using those showings to say Cap is that tough

He got pushed back a bit, but he should of been flung off the ledge. I mean he literally only gets pushed back a few inches.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 05:29 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Magnificent M
Isn't The Destroyer infused with power from all the Skyfathers in the council of Godheads, not just Odin/Zeus/Vishnu?
And Adamantine is a separate metal from Adamantium if memory serves me right. -ium is named after it, though.

That's right, Adamantine is what Herc's mace is made of. Basically an indestructible god metal version of adamantium.

Which I guess would make Uru more like nth metal, since both channel magic.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 05:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You guys remember when Thor bashed on some adamantium and there was no damage and then Thor claimed there was a miniscule amount of damage? Oh Thor..

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 05:33 PM