KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » What tv shows are you currently watching?

What tv shows are you currently watching?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Started watching the 2006 Friday Night Lights series made by Peter Berg, because there's not much on TV I'm interested in at the moment. I'd always heard it was good but never thought I'd enjoy a drama series about Texas high school kids playing American football. So glad to be proven wrong!

Scary thing is how much it reminds me of going to high school in a large town in SA in the late 80s. The clannish behaviour, the conservative, morally superior attitudes, the religion that pervades everything, the obsession with rugby...

Scary stuff. Fortunately Berg is good enough to keep the story flowing and doesn't allow the series to get bogged down or overly preachy. Only halfway with the first season but so far, so good.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 08:30 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Cobra Kai is freaking awesome.

been wondering if this is worth cecking out

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 08:26 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage

Who is America
El Chapo
Snowfall
Cloak and Dagger
Orange is the New Black
Preacher

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 07:23 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Farscape.

Not sure about it yet... I liked the shows of the era, like Lexx, but this is one I missed.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 07:33 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
Heir to the Throne

Game of Thrones and the Tatami Galaxy

"I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own destiny by making the hard choices. Now itís your turn."

Old Post Aug 1st, 2018 04:46 AM
DarthSkywalker0 is online now! Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

there's a lot of cool home design shows on Netflix right now

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 06:37 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

just started Yellowstone. first ep is pretty good

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 02:00 PM
carthage

Better Call Saul
Castle Rock
Gordon Ramsay’s 24 hours to hell and back

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 06:08 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Just Started the expanse on Amazon..Not to bad for the first couple of eps.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 06:44 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Papa Emeritus III

The 100 Season 5 at the moment.

Looking forward to Preacher Season 3, next potentially.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 12:48 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Billions
Preacher
The Young Pope
Preacher
Power

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 06:05 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

The Prisoner (Classic cause reboot sucked balls)

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 06:23 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

started Claws ... meh might give it three eps

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 01:20 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

If anyone's looking for a decent series, I've found The Rookie with Nathan Fillion is a rather more thoughtful addition to the crime gene than I expected. Unlike Castle they make an effort to show some of the real situations cops could face and they treat it with respect. Still some humour (thank goodness) but a much more rounded, balanced show than Castle was, imo. So far a 7/10 for me with the potential to climb to an 8.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 10:52 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

^I like Fillion and I enjoyed Castle too, might check it out, thanks. Currently watching The Man In The High Castle, brilliant show based on a Philip K. Dick novel and also working through Monty Python's Flying Circus as well and being amazed at the amount of casual, light-hearted racism, sexism and homophopia.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 11:39 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote