KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » who is top dog of the low herald and mid herald class?

who is top dog of the low herald and mid herald class?
Started by: ghostman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
There aren't answers to questions like these. Or if there are, there are half a dozen or more reasonable ones. The tier system itself might be a hierarchy, but within individual tiers, it's anything but.

If I were to offer my own reasonable but hardly definitive guesses, I'd say God Cable for mid and maybe Graviton for low. Low herald especially is intensely matchup-dependent. There's not really a great answer, imo.

Graviton is a great answer. I was thinking him or Magneto in his prime. God Cable is also great but i was worried about him burning himself out. Personally id give BRB the nod for mid herald

Old Post May 4th, 2016 11:16 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stoic
I'd nominate Ikaris for King of the mid Heralds.

Firelord for low

How the hell is Firelord below Ikaris?

Old Post May 4th, 2016 11:45 AM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Low- Captain Marvel

Mid- Black Bolt

Old Post May 4th, 2016 11:50 AM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Low- Captain Marvel

Shazam himself gets his @$$ handed him by his kids who are low level demons (when the did it). A hell lord like Hellstrom is having no probs with his champion smile

Old Post May 4th, 2016 12:08 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Ikaris is above Mid Herald in my opinion.

Old Post May 4th, 2016 12:09 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by beatboks
Shazam himself gets his @$$ handed him by his kids who are low level demons (when the did it). A hell lord like Hellstrom is having no probs with his champion smile

Carol Danvers

Old Post May 4th, 2016 12:18 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Ikaris is above Mid Herald in my opinion.

I doubt that, Scott. I have a lot of respect for him, but he's not quite the sum total of his parts and can't really disperse a super high level attack. I think he is perfect as a mid herald.

Old Post May 4th, 2016 12:20 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

I doubt that, Scott. I have a lot of respect for him, but he's not quite the sum total of his parts and can't really disperse a super high level attack. I think he is perfect as a mid herald.

When Captain America, Jimmy Hammond and Namor were fighting Ikaris. Cap stated that he was too powerful for them.

(please log in to view the image)

Here's the whole fight for reference.

And here's the respect thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=613247

Old Post May 4th, 2016 12:31 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Carol Danvers

Only as Binary and then she's not low herald IMHO.

Old Post May 4th, 2016 12:54 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He's listed there.

As is Doom, Doomsday, Cassandra Nova et al.

Last time I checked he was listed in the middle.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t577922.html
Or is there a new thread?

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post May 4th, 2016 01:10 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by beatboks

Wut? Cap will destroy Hellstrom.

Old Post May 4th, 2016 01:15 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

When Captain America, Jimmy Hammond and Namor were fighting Ikaris. Cap stated that he was too powerful for them.

(please log in to view the image)

Here's the whole fight for reference.

And here's the respect thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=613247

What high herald do you think hed split or win a majority against

Old Post May 4th, 2016 01:22 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Graviton is a great answer. I was thinking him or Magneto in his prime. God Cable is also great but i was worried about him burning himself out. Personally id give BRB the nod for mid herald

If BRB's mid herald, so's Thor. No mid herald's gonna take the beating he did from Blood and Thunder Thor, and still knock him on his butt.

Not to mention fighting him pretty evenly for Mjolnir.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 4th, 2016 01:58 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by cdtm
If BRB's mid herald, so's Thor. No mid herald's gonna take the beating he did from Blood and Thunder Thor, and still knock him on his butt.

Not to mention fighting him pretty evenly for Mjolnir.

I don't see bill doing the things Thor has done though.

Old Post May 4th, 2016 02:35 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

What high herald do you think hed split or win a majority against

I could start by saying he'd win a majority against Namor. When you see that battle he was trying his best not to attack while under mind control. And also to combine the fact that Cap said what he said.

Imagine him not holding back vs Namor.

Then you have the whole (even though I don't generally go by this) fact that Ikaris is the Prime Eternal which means he would technically have the power of Zuras but like I said I don't tend to use that as an example.

So I don't want to be to adventurous really. I'd say Namor he could easily defeat but it all really depends after that. Because if I said he could take Thor easily I don't know entirely how that would go. But I think he could beat Namor easily based on what we've seen.

Old Post May 4th, 2016 02:35 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

I could start by saying he'd win a majority against Namor. When you see that battle he was trying his best not to attack while under mind control. And also to combine the fact that Cap said what he said.

Imagine him not holding back vs Namor.

Then you have the whole (even though I don't generally go by this) fact that Ikaris is the Prime Eternal which means he would technically have the power of Zuras but like I said I don't tend to use that as an example.

So I don't want to be to adventurous really. I'd say Namor he could easily defeat but it all really depends after that. Because if I said he could take Thor easily I don't know entirely how that would go. But I think he could beat Namor easily based on what we've seen.

Great assessment. I agree

Old Post May 4th, 2016 02:47 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Superman.

Bankai.

Old Post May 4th, 2016 02:51 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't see bill doing the things Thor has done though.

Read Stormbreaker. Waaay above mid herald in that thing.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 4th, 2016 04:11 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yah, but on average?

Old Post May 4th, 2016 04:17 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The Thor/BRB debate has happened 100 times. They stalemate each other in most categories, but Thor's versatility with Mjolnir is off the charts. He has dozens of feats that we can't just assume Bill could recreate. You may disagree with it, but in a nutshell, that's why Thor is HH and BRB is MH.

Also, sure, Stormbreaker. I read it too. But seriously go through the HH list and consider their best feats as well. There's wiggle room in all of this, but it's not without justification to have BRB at mid. And he's one of the most powerful mids, so everyone acknowledges that he's close.

As ever, the tiers are - and have always been - a rough guideline. About 90% of the discussion surrounding them revolves around people getting persnickety thinking that it's an absolute ranking. It's not. It's a rough gauge that was intended for people very new to the hobby, to get them up to speed on the forums, and for tourney purposes. It has almost no value for anyone who's been around for a while. except to fuel debate that has no true answer.

/srug

Yeah, Bill was my alternate to Cable.

Last edited by Digi on May 4th, 2016 at 10:43 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2016 10:37 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote