KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Best Debaters

Best Debaters
Started by: Syndicate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (72): « First ... « 54 55 [56] 57 58 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Neph is perfectly normal.

AP is still miles ahead of the likes of Azronger and The_Ellimist.

I repeat - Sheevites are letting the wrong guys run the show.

WRONG.

Sheevites take jabs at me because they see me as a threat; I intimidate them somehow.

Star Wars related debated are utterly meaningless benchmarks of credibility anyways.

KMC debating logic:-

Valkorion did not move chair

Darth Maul did

Valkorion did not open the door

Darth Maul did

Darth Maul > Valkorion

---

What about intellectual reasoning, projections and meaningful thoughts?

Most of the debates in Star Wars section of KMC are a sham and trolling-fests.

Do it here, and openly.

Where is the thought-provoking counter to "Darth Plaguies related nonsense" he recently cooked up, from you? From other Sheevites? None.

Present sound arguments of PT/OT/NJO characters and make balanced assessments. I guarantee you that entire TOR brigade will be forthcoming, including me.

Do not forget to invite Azronger and The Ellimist to comment in them and offer in-depth analysis.

But they are too smart to take the bait.

Problem is in your mindset, not with my arguments.

I have a history of presenting realistic and thought-provoking assessments of the capabilities of Revan and Valkorion, well before canonical sources pointed out the same. I can dig out evidence, if you want to see it.

Many don't.

Mostly those have a problem with me who have no valid counter-arguments. Ignoring arguments is a cheap cop-out from a debate.

If you are so good, prove your credibility in a debate. Not try to run away.

See my response here and the reactions I got: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru.../#js-message-23

Relatively unknown person appreciating. Azronger, as usual, taking a jab.

I do not post unsubstantiated remarks in my posts. I provide citations and tie-in loose-ends with logical assessments. This is credible method of debating. Occasional typo not withstanding.

Since when is taking jabs, ignoring arguments and not looking at things objectively - a credible method of debating?

People like Azronger and The_Ellimist do not look at things objectively. The_Ellimist probably does in real life but he is into semi-trolling here.

Their arguments are terrible but they are good debaters? Oxymoron.

Yes, I care little about these shit-ankings.

However, this doesn't imply that I stay silent and not show some the mirror they deserve to see.

Praise should be extended objectively, not in biased fashion.

Objectively, few people here have the intellect for thought-provoking debates. Most are biased to the core and provide terrible arguments from time-to-time.

And this.

"I am the chosen of the Emperor. I am undefeated in battle. Do not doubt me."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 02:16 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Funny that some posters who cannot hold their own in a debate, ranking others in the lowest of the ladder. This thread is pure comedy.

The only Sheevite who has credibility in debating is SunRazer. Not very active but when he is, his arguments do the talking.

ILS is smart but his arguments can be negated with right homework. Selenial in the same boat.

Beniboybling had potential but his sheer hunger for Sheevism has consumed him - Darth Nihilus of sorts.

Azronger present lot of bad arguments actually, on routinely basis (he is just really good at masking his utterly illogical rhetoric with nuggets of truth in the mix). Ellimist is a blind follower - no credibility.

In real-life tests, many among you won't be Einstein-class. Projecting your insecurities over others is easy on the internet.

This one just takes the cake though.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 02:18 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

@Freshestslice

I want to see you debate.

Nonetheless, these are criteria-less subjective rankings. People who haven't displayed reasonable debating ability shouldn't be ranking others anyway, and there are plenty here. Ironic.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jan 24th, 2018 at 04:13 AM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 04:10 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

See, I never claimed to be a debater. It's actually a lot more about how retarded and nonsensical those statements were. But if you want to, pick a topic. Pick something you're really knowledgeable in and sure to win. You know, pretty much anyone but Valkorion.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 05:00 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I like how he lists Sheevites and completely forgets about Temp.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 05:00 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

SW Legend is Sith Master 2.0

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 05:02 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

How dare you besmirch that name.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 05:03 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist

lmao this is the first time I've seen Ant dare to insult SAS.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Distasteful horn-tooting aside, I suppose it's not impossible. Then again, like Zoltan pointed out recently, it doesn't exactly take a genius to be in the running for "best technical debater on KMC" right now. Very few here actually have a talent for it, and those that do rarely participate.

I honestly wasn't trying to be biased with one exception that I pointed out, which is that I can recognize when I'm not putting in full effort and excuse gaps in quality but have to make assumptions about whether other people are. So I might be comparing peak me to average others too frequently.

quote:

I think most would agree that he's not quite the cream of the crop as a wordsmith or as a logician, but I think he warrants an elite ranking regardless. Ant's strength is that he's extremely obsessive and detail-oriented; he's the kind of guy that reads through five or six books just on the opponent's character before a debate to find out what sorts of arguments he might run into, their context, and how they might be rebutted. Being a diligent researcher is an important part of being successful in a debate.

I was kind of trying to remove work ethic from the equation; if we're talking about who is the best at influencing positions he's definitely elite+.

quote:

Understandable, she never really made her mark on KMC. As someone who knows her, though, I'd vouch for her being at least a tier higher. Then again, I'd say the same for Beni. Actually, why even make a separate tier just for them?

I may be subconsciously penalizing Beni for his trolling, but I don't see an edge or spark in his argumentation that would put him on Ant's tier, tbh. It's possible you're right about Selenial, IDEK.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 05:20 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist

Originally posted by Nai
*points at his user title*

Why can't you people just read?

You can play devil's advocate without being a sophist, lol. But again, my list tried to separate people's trolling from their actual debating, so I don't know if you couldn't be better if you tried (you probably could). And you actually debate however, I personally think you lose to the likes of Beni more often than not, but still put you above because you usually argue from more difficult positions.

quote:

And do I get some bonus points for not even using my primary language here?

*shrugs* Impossible for me to quantify how relatively good your English is compared to your native tongue (German?).

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 05:22 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Not going to lie, legitimately laughed out loud at this. Thread that keeps on giving.

Not everyone is a Force-hole.

Ancient Power: "Nadd is a God, one among few. Revanchiste the indecipherable being the Lord Shiva of said pantheon. Though one must never forget He Who Shall Not Be Named."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 08:04 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Welcome, Freedon.

I admit that you provide thought-provoking points at times. There is a degree of originality in your arguments. You are underappreciated.

I know.

Ancient Power: "Nadd is a God, one among few. Revanchiste the indecipherable being the Lord Shiva of said pantheon. Though one must never forget He Who Shall Not Be Named."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 09:28 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Not everyone is a Force-hole.

This is a pretty classic example of when someone should realize that it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open their mouth and remove all doubt.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 05:32 PM
Freedon Nadd

This is the moment when someone should close their mouth and not reply to prove they are not an a$$hole.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 05:41 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Unlike you and trying to prove how clever you are, I'm not setting about to prove that I'm something I'm not.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 05:47 PM
Freedon Nadd

Those mind cards don't work on me, mate.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 05:49 PM
MythLord
Master of Magnetism

Mind cards?

"Our roles are nothing more than how the times choose to cast us."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 07:02 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

You know: when someone wants to bring arguments by using cliches like: "You wouldn't respond or add this if you didn't feel that way.", etc

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 09:39 PM
The Ellimist

This is hilarious.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 10:13 PM
MythLord
Master of Magnetism

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
You know: when someone wants to bring arguments by using cliches like: "You wouldn't respond or add this if you didn't feel that way.", etc

That's a mind card?

"Our roles are nothing more than how the times choose to cast us."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 10:15 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Legitimately retarded.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 10:22 PM