KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Brexit, should Britain leave the EU?

Brexit, should Britain leave the EU?
Started by: It's xyz!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (40): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

tbf I don't think anyone predicted that they'd actually leave, not even those who voted for it.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 06:52 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlackJackal
It's been called, they are leaving. God exists, I can't say anything had made me more happy about this in a long time. Praise be to all the people who have had enough and had the stones to vote up.

Brexit 2016, something to remember for all time.
thumb up

Indeed. Congratulations to Britain! A truly historic event.

I hope this will be the first step into the full dismemberment (pun intended) of the EU.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 07:39 AM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

David Cameron is resigning

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 07:52 AM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by Stigma
thumb up

Indeed. Congratulations to Britain! A truly historic event.

I hope this will be the first step into the full dismemberment (pun intended) of the EU.

Yeah, so maybe you polish ***** can stay in your own country for once lmao

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 08:12 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

We're going to be a stronger country like we was before the EU. We've actually ****ing done it.

Bardock, your country is going to shit, not ours!

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 08:27 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

How's the pound doing? big grin

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 08:35 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Irrelevant.

We're going to boom.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 08:42 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 08:47 AM
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Originally posted by It's xyz!
We're going to be a stronger country like we was before the EU. We've actually ****ing done it.

Bardock, your country is going to shit, not ours!

That's such a ludicrous false equivalence it's unbelievable.

We boomed because of an immoral empire that should never have of existed. We no longer own states around the world.

It's very much gonna be unknown territory at this point.

And yeah, the pound is doing absolutely terrible. the worst it's been in 30 years.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 09:03 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by krisblaze
Yeah, so maybe you polish ***** can stay in your own country for once lmao

Sweeping generalizations and unwarranted foul language are the forte of morons.

Going by the charitable interpretation of your post as not a form of baiting, I take that you are a part of that group. Mommy would be proud. thumb up

Originally posted by walshy
David Cameron is resigning

thumb up

Last edited by Stigma on Jun 24th, 2016 at 09:09 AM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 09:06 AM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

We boomed because of an immoral empire that should never have of existed. We no longer own states around the world.

And yeah, the pound is doing absolutely terrible. the worst it's been in 30 years.

Mainly because big companies are shit scared and moving their money. Kind of shows exactly what they thought of this result.

Shows where their allegiances are placed.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 09:13 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by krisblaze
How's the pound doing? big grin
Facts don't swing with Brexit voters. Did you not see their campaign? Misinformation and distortion at almost every turn. If a Brexit was procured by rational and moral means, I'd be behind it, even if I'd still have voted to remain. There are a lot of people who voted to leave for entirely sensible and thought-out reasons; the sad thing is, those votes only bolstered a stance driven by hard nationalism and wild sensationalism.

Essentially, the working classes have finally been galvanised to vote – and they've left themselves at the mercy of an elitist and anti-poor government. With a better government, a Brexit could have made sense. But with the government we have now, i.e. the one that holds corruption as one of its core tenets, we're probably going to be in for a rough future.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 09:17 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

I'm sorry, I haven't actually seen the pound do bad outside of propoganda news shite. The pound is how valuable we make it, just because the EU is sour with us doesn't mean it's going to stay that way.

And the British Empire was not immoral. We colonised the ****ing world and produced the very things you hold dear. Globalisation started WITH the British Empire.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 09:19 AM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

quote:
With a better government, a Brexit could have made sense. But with the government we have now, i.e. the one that holds corruption as one of its core tenets, we're probably going to be in for a rough future.

This is a very interesting point.

However, do you think it's possible that Brexit will also spur changes in the government, as a result of the social invigoration it seems to be signaling.

Last edited by Stigma on Jun 24th, 2016 at 09:26 AM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 09:24 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Scribble thinks Johnson would be a worse PM.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 09:25 AM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

I see.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 09:27 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

@Scribble (since it won't let me quote you).

So I hope you aren't implying that the Remain campaign was completely pure and devoid of any incorrect facts?

And what's the problem with hard Nationalism?

And also implying that somehow voting Leave (and generalising the Working Class at the same time), leaves us at the mercy of the government. The whole government is in disarray at the moment. Nobody can say either way what the result will be yet. I really disagree with the way you use the working class to bolster your point. Every class was "bolstered" to vote this time because it's so important it breached any class divide. It was the people that decided. Not any particular class.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 09:27 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Scribble thinks Johnson would be a worse PM.

Johnson would be funny, he goes to the G8 and Rugby tackles Hollande because he disagrees with his policies like he did at Soccer Aid.

You can't argue against that type of brutality.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 09:28 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Johnson would be funny, he goes to the G8 and Rugby tackles Hollande because he disagrees with his policies like he did at Soccer Aid.

You can't argue against that type of brutality.
He would negotiate with the Chinese over a game of wiff waff.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 09:30 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

He would negotiate with the Chinese over a game of wiff waff.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 09:34 AM