KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Flash Vs Loki

The Flash Vs Loki
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
But what about basic knowledge?

That would make a Flash even MORE cautious, IMO.

If you're facing a guy known for his trickery and traps...you probably won't want to rush into things, amirite? Especially where magic is concerned.

Old Post May 20th, 2016 07:45 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Loki has to get the "Doom-Advantage" here.
That's right, i coined it.

As with Doom, Loki's mind, character, stealth, experience/age, and strategy have to be taken into account.

Combined with his physical attributes and arsenal of magical capabilities, Flash should not b able to take this.

Old Post May 20th, 2016 08:36 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Stop trying to make fetch happen. Its not going to happen.

But i kind of agree.

Old Post May 20th, 2016 10:48 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Stop trying to make fetch happen. Its not going to happen.

But i kind of agree.
i always thought there should b some way to factor in the "genius" attribute for high level scientists, military chatacters, magic-users, Batman-esque strategists, etc. Characters whose minds give them an edge in some way, on top of any other abilities or traits they might have.

Old Post May 20th, 2016 11:48 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

A lot of times that type of mentality is best used with prep time though.
I do agree the kind of character you describe usually fights smarter right off the bat.

Old Post May 20th, 2016 12:25 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
That would make a Flash even MORE cautious, IMO.

If you're facing a guy known for his trickery and traps...you probably won't want to rush into things, amirite? Especially where magic is concerned.

But Loki hasn't actually been given anytime to prep. So if Flash knows they are both going into this without any preparation then wouldn't the best move be to prevent Loki from being able to do anything as soon as the fight starts?

I mean you probably don't want to give Loki time to conjure up any mischief, right?

Old Post May 20th, 2016 06:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Has flash faced a mage before?

Old Post May 20th, 2016 07:12 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Only Constantine, but he had prep. Pre 52? Probably, but I can't recall off the top of my head.

(please log in to view the image)

Like I said, Constantine had prep. But that is the only time I have seen a mage go up against DCnU Flash.

Deadman has tried possessing Flash as well, and was succeeding, until Barry chucked him out.

Old Post May 20th, 2016 07:17 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
Pre 52? Probably, but I can't recall off the top of my head.

^^^Dude...! stick out tongue

Old Post May 20th, 2016 07:28 PM
DarkSaint85

Lol thumb up My memory fails me in my old age!

Old Post May 20th, 2016 07:48 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

the question isn't can loki put flash down if he gets the chance--that answer is obvious. the question is WOULD he get a chance, and WHY would he? full powers in play, he wouldn't get a chance. loki might start something, then he'd become a statue to flash's pov, who'd also be thinking about billion billion times faster than loki can (insert scans of flash seeing all possible outcomes of a random situation and out-thinking a supercomputer).

this is the same outcome as 99% of all flash threads. he needs to be neutered or handicapped to win. you gotta be careful citing ooc as well--it wouldn't be ooc for him to simply ko loki. he doesn't need to kill him in the opening nano-second. ooc=/=pis or cis in this case. i think some are confusing that issue.

Old Post May 20th, 2016 08:43 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by leonidas
this is the same outcome as 99% of all flash threads.

Yes. Good thing that sort of stuff happens only on the Internet.

In comics or TV, everyone and their mother pwn the shit out of every possible Flash version...

Old Post May 20th, 2016 08:47 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

the question isn't can loki put flash down if he gets the chance--that answer is obvious. the question is WOULD he get a chance, and WHY would he? full powers in play, he wouldn't get a chance. loki might start something, then he'd become a statue to flash's pov, who'd also be thinking about billion billion times faster than loki can (insert scans of flash seeing all possible outcomes of a random situation and out-thinking a supercomputer).

this is the same outcome as 99% of all flash threads. he needs to be neutered or handicapped to win. you gotta be careful citing ooc as well--it wouldn't be ooc for him to simply ko loki. he doesn't need to kill him in the opening nano-second. ooc=/=pis or cis in this case. i think some are confusing that issue.

Don't have the scan ready, but the old Pre Crisis example of how effective high end speed is applies here

Mordru fires off a magic attack, and Superboy goes into action, crafting a time bubble from sand, putting the LOSH members in it, and sending them off into the timestream. All before the magic bolt hits the ground.

Wally, Barry, or any top tier speedster should be that fast. (And on an off topic note, makes you wonder how Mordru was even a threat in that era smile )

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 20th, 2016 09:16 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Comics would suck if written CBR style...!

Old Post May 20th, 2016 10:04 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Has flash faced a mage before?

I'm not sure, but would this really matter? He knows magic exists, if he knows Loki is some trickster god why on earth would he allow this being to get off even a single thought?

Old Post May 20th, 2016 10:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Not if writers picked the right characters to fight and usedbtheir imagination to display powersets. Instead we get Odin headbutting and Supermans go to move is to fly really fast fist first.

Old Post May 21st, 2016 12:35 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Using this for the Flash/Tangent Superman thread.

Old Post May 21st, 2016 04:56 AM
Horrificus

Loki has too many tools.
If we can throw ideas around for Flash to act out in theory, we can do the same with Loki.

The difference is, Loki has more cards up his sleeve than the Flash has. More of a variety of abilities he can mix and match and since Flash is not immune to being tricked or out-thought, I still think this looks good for Loki.

And if I have to list all the things Loki can and HAS done, u dont know the character and shouldnt b betting against him anyway.

Old Post May 21st, 2016 05:41 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thunderbolts was written CBR style, and it was AWESOME.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 21st, 2016 06:04 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thats just a really good showing.

Old Post May 21st, 2016 06:08 AM