KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Killer Instinct (2013+ version)

Killer Instinct (2013+ version)
Started by: CPT Space Bomb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Killer Instinct (2013+ version)

It's about time someone made a thread for this game as I didn't see one.

(please log in to view the image)

Admittedly I'm coming into this game what, 3 years after launch? But I don't own an Xbone (PC player only). So when I heard it finally came to Windows 10 PC, I didn't hesitate. I'm so glad I downloaded it. This game is fkng incredible. It's simply one of if not THE best fighting games out there right now.

-Amazing graphics? Check
-Engaging and deep combat? Check
-Characters all feel different? Check
-Simply the best soundtrack on a fighting game ever? Check.
-Ranked leagues and casual multiplayer? Check
-Solid single player experience with multiple story modes/training/ trials? Check

I mean, this game has it all. It has a shadow lab feature where you basically make an avatar of yourself; and then your friends can challenge that avatar (shadow) and rank their shadow up if they beat you. So, you can kind of even INDIRECTLY pvp in this game if you don't want to directly go toe to toe with someone.

The training mode is one of the best ever as well, it really makes it easy to learn the plethora of moves and combos available; as well as making it fairly easy to learn combo breakers and even the games Ultra (finishing) combos.

It also utilizes a free to play model where you can download it for free and play 1 champion on a weekly rotation...though that's not really fun.

I recommend the Supreme bundle. For $50 you can buy all the fighters and retro costumes available (besides Shadow Jago), and you even get 18,000 KI coins to spend on further upgrading your fighters looks or just unlocking more stuff. You'll also get the 3 remaining fighters coming out and the new single player and multiplayer modes they're putting in this year.

I can't recommend this game more. It's simply the best fighting game I've played in years. The soundtrack (especially from Mick Gordon during Season 1 & 2) is mindblowingly great. I recommend you listen to the "Misako" theme to see what I mean.

A joy to play, a joy to watch, and a joy to listen to.

I give Killer Instinct in it's current state a 9.5/10.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 18th, 2016 07:16 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Also, just as a sample of the music in this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZLmf3n00IM

Hisako is kinda like "The Grudge" girl made into a fighting character...she's badass and her mucis is too. All the songs/themes in the game are equally awesome.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 18th, 2016 11:27 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

There was another thread for this made, but was hardly ever active, so if you're gonna consistently discuss the game, then this may as well be the new thread.

But yeah, finally got the game a couple years after its release, so I had quite a bit of catching up to do prior to when season 3 started. Excited for Gargos whose coming out next.

Old Post May 18th, 2016 11:34 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
There was another thread for this made, but was hardly ever active, so if you're gonna consistently discuss the game, then this may as well be the new thread.

But yeah, finally got the game a couple years after its release, so I had quite a bit of catching up to do prior to when season 3 started. Excited for Gargos whose coming out next.
Ah, I looked for one but couldn't find it.

But yah, Gargos looks awesome. There is a video of his standing heavy kick apparently absorbing projectiles.

Old Post May 19th, 2016 12:19 PM