KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Best Gaming Lore of All Time

Best Gaming Lore of All Time
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The Witcher?

Old Post May 26th, 2016 12:11 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I guess I prefer stuff that could be the future, which is why Soma was so interesting to me.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 27th, 2016 07:00 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I do love the lore of the "Elder Scrolls" as well as the lore of Forgotten Realms(a lot of games like Baldurs Gate and Neverwinter Nights take place there).

The Elder Scrolls lore though..if you read some of the books it just showcases how utterly horrifying the universe could potentially be. You have this story about this guy who wants to impress a girl so he decides to have a mage teach him a bunch of "Increase" spells. Like spells that increase strength and endurance and all that, these spells exist in the game too. So it describes what he does with these spells, like the endurance spell lets him easily be engulfed in flames.

But then he does the "increase intelligence" spell and..he comes up with a math equation that literally erases someone from existence lol. He just literally wrote out an equation about some guy and said "this shows you don't truly exist" and then the guy just blinked out of existence. Remember this was not some master mage, it was an ordinary guy who asked a mage to teach him a few spells. I'm not sure how this universe hasn't been utterly destroyed by some douche who was super good at math.

Old Post May 27th, 2016 07:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Witcher, though that's kind of cheating perhaps because it's based on a long established series of novels. But the backstory and history of the world is exceptionally deep. For my birthday my gf bought me the World of the Witcher book which goes deep into the lore and it was such a cool read.

Also love Mass Effect's lore and backstory. It's a lot more in depth than casual play would lead one to believe. Reading the stories and lore of each individual planet in the game can be a lot of fun and really rewarding.

Warcraft's lore can be very good, too, though it feels kind of like a mishmash of various other famous pieces of literature, a bit of Lovecraft, some Lord of the Rings, some sci fi elements, but it still feels unique and has its own flavor.

Dragon Age also seems really good but I'm not as familiar with that one as the others listed. Some of the Final Fantasy games have good lore to go along with them too. FFXIV's is very good.

Last edited by Impediment on Jan 8th, 2017 at 01:12 AM

Old Post May 28th, 2016 12:19 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Legacy of Kain.

Old Post May 28th, 2016 12:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked the lore of Jade Empire. I also like the lore of Warhammer 40k.

Old Post May 28th, 2016 02:48 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I would have said 40K but it has an unfair advantage in that it had its lore going in to the games already.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 28th, 2016 02:58 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
The Witcher?

Originally posted by BackFire
Witcher,

Yes, and Yes.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 28th, 2016 08:24 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Dynasty Warriors?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 28th, 2016 08:27 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden101
Zelda, you *****!

Whining about a video game. I guess you really do live in your mothers basement.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post May 30th, 2016 06:38 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Deus Ex for me. Besides the obvious ones (Skyrim, Fallout, etc)

Old Post May 30th, 2016 07:19 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Diablo is another good one.

Old Post May 31st, 2016 08:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

This is bound to get a lot of heat nd debate from gamers disgrunted/annoyed by Bungievision's antics but IMO Destiny is in the top 5.

Game did not have much of a quality campaign at first,but lore-wise(Grimoire) story is amazing.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2016 07:13 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Zack Fair
This is bound to get a lot of heat nd debate from gamers disgrunted/annoyed by Bungievision's antics but IMO Destiny is in the top 5.

Game did not have much of a quality campaign at first,but lore-wise(Grimoire) story is amazing.
I got your back on this one

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2016 08:19 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah the Grimoire had some really good stuff in there, shame that the actual game didn't bother to really explore much of it, itself.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2016 10:01 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by Kazenji
Legacy of Kain.

+1

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2016 05:33 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Nephthys
The Witcher?
Dragon Age has it beat.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2016 05:36 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I would have said Elder Scrolls, and Dragon Age, but since playing the Witcher 3, I've changed my mind. The game in my opinion is light years ahead of any other game that I've played, and I've played many. The Witcher 3 seemed to take pieces of many great games to combine them into one awesome one. Playing it reminded me of Fable, Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Force Unleashed, Batman (Arkham series), Balder's Gate, Diablo, and Uncharted. Epic game, which makes me scratch my head as to why it took me so long to finally get it.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2017 10:54 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by quanchi112
Dragon Age has it beat.

Nope.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2017 10:56 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

thumb up

Dead Space's lore is quite interesting too.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 01:49 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote