KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor with batman level h2h vs superman

Thor with batman level h2h vs superman
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX
You're kidding right?

A human that's been doing martial arts for a few years is a better fighter than a God that's been fighting in wars for at least a better part of a few hundred years?

The level of wank peek humans the likes of Batman and those of peers receive is too ****ing retarted.

At end of the day, Bruce's Martial arts is a downgrade to Thor, not an upgrade.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 06:35 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by abhilegend

Please, pray tell Bruce's h2h that far surpasses Thor's own fighting style and experience?

Thor has even fought Hercules to a stand still a few times. A Hercules that I would put far ahead of Bruce when it comes to fighting.

I see Bruce more as an MMA fighter with plenty of fights and skills under his belt, where as Thor is a highly decorated soldier that has fought in the thoughest of wars. He's travel through Hell and back, and each time he returns from that precipice, he only gro stronger.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 06:56 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

When you can read actual comics, let me know.

"Thor is thousands of years old. Hercules is too. They are more skilled than ****ing Batman because I say so. "

By that sense they are more skilled than Karate Kid too.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 07:03 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Please, pray tell Bruce's h2h that far surpasses Thor's own fighting style and experience?

Thor has even fought Hercules to a stand still a few times. A Hercules that I would put far ahead of Bruce when it comes to fighting.

I see Bruce more as an MMA fighter with plenty of fights and skills under his belt, where as Thor is a highly decorated soldier that has fought in the thoughest of wars. He's travel through Hell and back, and each time he returns from that precipice, he only gro stronger.
incorrect. Being trained in the ways of war, weapon based combat, and h2h isn't on the level of batman. Bruce is so good that he can easily throw down with characters that are leagues out of his weight class. Thor is a skilled h2h combatant, nobody (except maybe abhi) is going to dispute that, but he isn't on batman's level. Also, Thor has never really demonstrated a high level of skill as far as martial arts goes. Sure, he has the occasional showing where he wrestles his opponent to the ground or counters their attacks, but we never really see him go for arm locks, pressure points, etc.

Also, do you really wanna play the whole "he's older and therefore better" game? If that sort of statement were true, ra's al ghul would never lose to Bruce because he has about 600+ years of experience over him. We know for a fact that batman has mastered every martial art style on earth, meanwhile, the best we can say about Thor is that he's pretty good with his fists and occasionally utilizes wrestling.

Also, if I were to go murder a mountain lion, grizzly bear, and a great white shark with a knife, does that now mean that I'm far more skilled in knife fighting than I was when before I killed those creatures? Not necessarily. Fighting demons and gods means that he has more experience in h2h not necessarily more skill. Until it's stated that Thor has a working knowledge of every martial art style in the world, he doesn't have more skill than bruce. Anyway, Thor still murders Clark in this fight.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 08:11 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
incorrect. Being trained in the ways of war, weapon based combat, and h2h isn't on the level of batman. Bruce is so good that he can easily throw down with characters that are leagues out of his weight class. Thor is a skilled h2h combatant, nobody (except maybe abhi) is going to dispute that, but he isn't on batman's level. Also, Thor has never really demonstrated a high level of skill as far as martial arts goes. Sure, he has the occasional showing where he wrestles his opponent to the ground or counters their attacks, but we never really see him go for arm locks, pressure points, etc.

This is something i've believed for years, myself, up to and including the abhi part. stick out tongue

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 10:07 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Batman hasn't wasted years by brawling and depending on demigod stats like Thor or Herc. Sure, they're good fighters... but Batman is an excellent one.

Natural talent, insane skill, fair share of experience -- his experience matters, because 99.9% of the time he has no enhancements of any kind and often has to face superhuman enemies -- being trained by top tier MAs like Richard Dragon and Shiva (if we're talking about pre-nu Batman, that is).

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 11:23 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
You go ahead and prove it since you made the claim.

It's already been proven a million times. But let's start simple. Show me something Thor has done that's greater than benching the Earth for days on end.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 11:24 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: Re: Thor with batman level h2h vs superman

At end of the day, Bruce's Martial arts is a downgrade to Thor, not an upgrade.

laughing

Get your head examined, Squallossus. Seriously. Wtf was that?

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 11:24 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Batman hasn't wasted years by brawling and depending on demigod stats like Thor or Herc. Sure, they're good fighters... but Batman is an excellent one.

Natural talent, insane skill, fair share of experience -- his experience matters, because 99.9% of the time he has no enhancements of any kind and often has to face superhuman enemies -- being trained by top tier MAs like Richard Dragon and Shiva (if we're talking about pre-nu Batman, that is).

While i wouldnt (and dont) call a billion dollar batsuit and utility belt "no enhancements" your point's still valid.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 12:38 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

The only reason, people like Thor are never demonstrating great MA skills is because there useless to him.

That doesn't mean that Bruce is far above him in h2h.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 01:45 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Being the strongest, toughest member of a race that's stronger and tougher than any others (bar Frost Giants) kinda means your need for skill is lessened.

On top of that, he also has one of the most haxx weapons in comicdom, so h2h skill is hardly needed (yes, I know he didn't always have Mjolnir, but he's used weapons for a lot of his life).

On top of that, its not exactly linear. There are only so many different ways you can punch, or get punched. Not sure how 100 years means less than 1000, or 10,000. Unless someone can prove that there is indeed, no limits to one's skills??

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 02:03 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

Thor beats the hell out of Superman with these stips

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 02:12 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Too close to call for me. If this was Batman with Thor's physical stats and abilities, I'd give him a decent majority, but it's Thor's mind set with Batman's fighting skills. There is a difference. Would Thor dodge like Bruce would, etc? Probably not.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 02:53 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

This was actually said in a comic by Wolverine about Daredevil.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 02:57 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by Stoic
Too close to call for me. If this was Batman with Thor's physical stats and abilities, I'd give him a decent majority, but it's Thor's mind set with Batman's fighting skills. There is a difference. Would Thor dodge like Bruce would, etc? Probably not.
true. But he'd see Clark telegraphing his punches and have a more than ample amount of time to block or counter attack. Let's be honest here, Thor holds back a lot less than most super heroes. With batman's level of h2h knowledge, he'd only be more brutal than ever. Imagine him breaking clark's arm, nose, and kneecap all while Clark is still drawing up that first punch.

Their stats are already close enough to be a competitive fight; with their speed equalized, Thor's far superior pain tolerance, his warrior mindset, and batman's knowledge of the body and how to exploit all of its weaknesses, superman shouldn't be able to take even one win.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 03:33 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by deathslash
true. But he'd see Clark telegraphing his punches and have a more than ample amount of time to block or counter attack. Let's be honest here, Thor holds back a lot less than most super heroes. With batman's level of h2h knowledge, he'd only be more brutal than ever. Imagine him breaking clark's arm, nose, and kneecap all while Clark is still drawing up that first punch.

Their stats are already close enough to be a competitive fight; with their speed equalized, Thor's far superior pain tolerance, his warrior mindset, and batman's knowledge of the body and how to exploit all of its weaknesses, superman shouldn't be able to take even one win.

The only reason that I can see to go against your argument is that Superman without super stats has beaten a seasoned MA. This calls into question, just how skilled is Superman on his own? This is why I said that it was too close for me to call.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 03:38 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by carver9
This was actually said in a comic by Wolverine about Daredevil.

What was said?

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 03:51 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

The only reason that I can see to go against your argument is that Superman without super stats has beaten a seasoned MA. This calls into question, just how skilled is Superman on his own? This is why I said that it was too close for me to call.

Less skilled than Bruce, to be sure.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 04:03 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkOdin
well according to some people if we never seen Thor use Batman level h2h it us an auto lose for Thor

He is being given a specific skillset from another character, so we wouldn't have to see Thor do anything.

Though one problem I do have with characters like Thor is people think being old automatically equates to some awesome fighting skill. So Thor is a warrior and thousands of years old and thus should be super skilled. Which no, being alive for a long time in itself isn't an actual feat, it means nothing. You get the skills you show.

But I digress, in this situation any skills Batman has shown Thor now has. Which means he isn't just a skilled h2h combatant, but he exudes an aura that automatically makes everyone nearby less intelligent and less powerful then they'd normally be. With Batman's skill and his jobber aura..if Superman gets close to Thor then he'll just be reduced to the skill of a paraplegic 12 yr. old girl.

Ha just kidding, Superman can break reality by punching, skill is irrelevant against him.

Last edited by Surtur on May 23rd, 2016 at 04:06 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 04:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

and did this seasoned martial artist have the level of skill that batman has displayed? Or the downright retarded level of pain tolerance that Thor shows on an average basis?

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 04:09 PM