KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Naga Sadow and Exar Kun vs. Yoda

Naga Sadow and Exar Kun vs. Yoda
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Petrus
Sidious. smile smile smile

Seriously, Bane is not anywhere near Valkorion.
It's a nice thought, though.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 03:23 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

I have no personal preference for either character, tbh. I say let both of them die.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post May 24th, 2016 03:24 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

But yeah, Czar Kun alone should be able to give Yoda an excellent fight; add Kun's master's master and the green freak goes down. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post May 24th, 2016 03:25 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Petrus
I have no personal preference for either character, tbh. I say let both of them die.
You're my kind of guy.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 03:25 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Originally posted by ILS
You're my kind of guy.

cool

Old Post May 24th, 2016 03:32 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by ILS
So much sodium. The PT Jedi are the greatest by holistic intent and word of god.

Feats are just your interpretation of an author's interpretation of what he wants the characters to be capable of in that particular type of media in order to satisfy a particular audience. Just as SWTOR and KotoR want to amaze their players with all the awesome powers and shit their characters are capable of, Fact File caters to people who, *gasp*, want facts. Forgive me if I prefer using the latter over the former. eek!

Sodium... yet it benefits my favourite characters... Keep working on it, ILS. Anyways, while it's all well and good to use Fact File, just saying "feats don't matter" honestly doesn't make any sense. Mediums are overexaggerated or underplayed, true, but then it's up to the debater to find some middle ground. But to completely disregard them on a flimsy basis isn't exactly the best way of going around debating. What a character can achieve, alongside powerscaling and accolades, should all be used to compare and contrast.

Also, regarding the Labyrinth of Evil quote, while it does show that the Jedi grew more powerful, it clearly isn't by the same extent as the Sith grew, according to the RotS novel.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 03:41 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by MythLord

Also, regarding the Labyrinth of Evil quote, while it does show that the Jedi grew more powerful, it clearly isn't by the same extent as the Sith grew, according to the RotS novel.

They still grew however.

Plus as I just now see it, just because the Jedi were training for the last war, doesn't mean that they stagnated or didn't develop. They were just training to fight a horde of Sith coming down upon them.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 03:53 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Grew, but not to nearly the same extent as the Sith grew, or at least that's how Stover and Lucas paint it out to be. Basically, not the entire PT era >>> the entire Bane era.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post May 24th, 2016 03:56 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sodium... yet it benefits my favourite characters... Keep working on it, ILS.

Anyways, while it's all well and good to use Fact File, just saying "feats don't matter" honestly doesn't make any sense. Mediums are overexaggerated or underplayed, true, but then it's up to the debater to find some middle ground. But to completely disregard them on a flimsy basis isn't exactly the best way of going around debating. What a character can achieve, alongside powerscaling and accolades, should all be used to compare and contrast.
It benefits your favourite characters... yet you still chose to complain about it. confused

So to shorten your post. "It doesn't make any sense, feats are exaggerated, I feel I should find a middle ground, and disregarding feats as flimsy isn't what I find to be good debating. I like using feats for comparisons."

That's nice, and I encourage you to do what you like. Just bare in mind you're being entirely subjective by going this route. My method, without using feats, disregards any personal interpretation or feelings on my end, meaning the room for error is vastly smaller.
quote:
Well yeah, hence why the Sith won. Where does this contradict that the PT Jedi are the best, by word of god?

Old Post May 24th, 2016 03:57 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Grew, but not to nearly the same extent as the Sith grew, or at least that's how Stover and Lucas paint it out to be. Basically, not the entire PT era >>> the entire Bane era.
Given that your average Sith Lord during the Bane era was the equivalent of or less than a well trained Sith acolyte who hadn't yet earned a lightsaber, nah.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 04:00 PM
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Practically all the PT era >>> the Bane era. I didn't use the word entire because not all PT Jedi can beat everyone of the Bane Era, but mostly, yeah.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post May 24th, 2016 04:02 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by ILS
It benefits your favourite characters... yet you still chose to complain about it. confused

Because I don't neccessarily agree with it.

Originally posted by ILS
So to shorten your post. "It doesn't make any sense, feats are exaggerated, I feel I should find a middle ground, and disregarding feats as flimsy isn't what I find to be good debating. I like using feats for comparisons."

That's nice, and I encourage you to do what you like. Just bare in mind you're being entirely subjective by going this route. My method, without using feats, disregards any personal interpretation or feelings on my end, meaning the room for error is vastly smaller.

I, obviously, will use more than just feats. I've long since been against the whole "feats-only" narrow view, which I'm pretty sure my debates with a certain SirFizzWhizz can attest to. I'm just saying to completely rule out feats when there's no statement or factual evidence like Fact File, or even reasonable speculation, to say: "Hey this guy > this guy" is not the best way to go around it.

Originally posted by ILS
Well yeah, hence why the Sith won. Where does this contradict that the PT Jedi are the best, by word of god?

I never disputed the fact that it's the prime of the Jedi, I'm disputing the Jedi of PT >>>>>> the Jedi of the Bane era.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 05:09 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I, obviously, will use more than just feats. I've long since been against the whole "feats-only" narrow view, which I'm pretty sure my debates with a certain SirFizzWhizz can attest to. I'm just saying to completely rule out feats when there's no statement or factual evidence like Fact File, or even reasonable speculation, to say: "Hey this guy > this guy" is not the best way to go around it.
Dude, you're never going to get an answer for random cross-era fights like Plo Koon vs Aryn Leneer or Ven Zallow vs Darth Talon. Ever. Not with feats anyway.

I don't disagree that feats might give a good idea of who might win but that's about it. It's basically a dick measuring contest at that point.
quote:
I never disputed the fact that it's the prime of the Jedi, I'm disputing the Jedi of PT >>>>>> the Jedi of the Bane era.
To quote NewGuy, Prime of the Jedi >>>>>> "Force sensitive rats" laughing out loud

Old Post May 24th, 2016 05:57 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by ILS
Dude, you're never going to get an answer for random cross-era fights like Plo Koon vs Aryn Leneer or Ven Zallow vs Darth Talon. Ever. Not with feats anyway.

Yes, hence why we compare the medium they appear in and their respective accolades/achievements. Then, from that, we draw a conclusion.

Originally posted by ILS
I don't disagree that feats might give a good idea of who might win but that's about it. It's basically a dick measuring contest at that point.

Call it whatever type of contest you'd like, fact is in those types of scenarios feats should not be excluded(though obviously, neither should things like accolades or power-scaling).

Originally posted by ILS
To quote NewGuy, Prime of the Jedi >>>>>> "Force sensitive rats" laughing out loud

Because beings that can chop through several Sith and elite soldiers << beings that get killed by Geonosians and Battle Droids...

Old Post May 24th, 2016 06:07 PM
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Call it whatever type of contest you'd like, fact is in those types of scenarios feats should not be excluded(though obviously, neither should things like accolades or power-scaling).

Use this logic on the other thread.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 06:35 PM
Zenwolf

Because beings that can chop through several Sith and elite soldiers << beings that get killed by Geonosians and Battle Droids...

That was hardly a fair engagement, 200 Jedi vs a droid factory which was pouring out thousands and thousands of Battle Droids in a confined area, the Sonic cannons the Geos had didn't exactly help maters.

Thousands of Battle droids >> Several Sith and Troopers.

Overwhelming numbers would kill.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 06:38 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

I'm referring to two droids shooting down a Jedi in some SW comic and Ima Gun Di dieing to droids that can't even shoot correctly when his guard is down.

Also, if you wanna get technical, a battalion of droids was overwhelming Kenobi... and Raskta cut down groups of Sith, who I think we can all agree > large groups of droids.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post May 24th, 2016 06:40 PM
Zenwolf

I'm referring to two droids shooting down a Jedi in some SW comic and Ima Gun Di dieing to droids that can't even shoot correctly when his guard is down.

Also, if you wanna get technical, a battalion of droids was overwhelming Kenobi... and Raskta cut down groups of Sith, who I think we can all agree > large groups of droids.

Ah well when you said Geos and Battle Droids, I was figuring you were meaning the arena battle.

Well a battalion would be pretty overwhelming to just about anyone not ridiculously powerful and skilled.

Groups of Sith...that doesn't really give me a number, how large were these groups exactly? A Battalion of Battle Droids would be 784.

Depending how big these groups are, yeah I could see them being able to take out a Battalion.

But you're saying that Obi-Wan a single person struggled against a full Battalion, yet are saying groups of Sith are greater than a Battalion, not 1 Sith.

Last edited by Zenwolf on May 25th, 2016 at 02:06 AM

Old Post May 25th, 2016 02:04 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah. It's not even so much that the PT is pointed out by Lucas twice to be the prime of the Jedi, and has produced the greatest top tiers ever, but rather the fact that the Jedi of Bane's day weren't capable of slaughtering the Brotherhood of Sith - an order of Sith who you could describe as inept and actually be complimenting. I don't care to look through PoD to find the actual quotes and logistics for why this era of Jedi and Sith weren't great, but it's in there.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 02:08 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

It is settled, then.

Yoda stomps.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 02:09 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote