KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Whose tech is superior ?

Whose tech is superior ?
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

No and again I point out, as you noted to take everything into everything into account....which I am, there's no real ground forces in ST is there?

As I recall, I don't recall any giant war walkers, tanks, troopers, air/drop ships, cannons, planetary shield generators that can survive orbital bombardments, enough resources to establish military bases with defensive perimeters, and so on in ST. It's all been mostly space with them.

So as noted, SW has it in terms of military technology.

Exploration I'll give to ST, but SW shouldn't be that far behind with what we see as far as the variety of different alien species and their hyperdrive capability.

Last edited by Zenwolf on May 25th, 2016 at 04:41 AM

Old Post May 25th, 2016 04:32 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
No and again I point out, as you noted to take everything into everything into account....which I am, there's no real ground forces in ST is there?

As I recall, I don't recall any giant war walkers, tanks, troopers, air/drop ships, cannons, planetary shield generators that can survive orbital bombardments, enough resources to establish military bases with defensive perimeters, and so on in ST. It's all been mostly space with them.

So as noted, SW has it in terms of military technology.
Borg.

They can adapt also to the weapons of the Star Wars aka their lasers, etc. They can also assimilate. Augments(genetically superior), Klingons(warrior like race), Borg, Vulcans, Romulans, etc.

The new film also has plenty of invasion type forces with thousands of ships that would decimate the slower and terrible star destroyers.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 04:44 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by quanchi112
Borg.

They can adapt also to the weapons of the Star Wars aka their lasers, etc. They can also assimilate. Augments(genetically superior), Klingons(warrior like race), Borg, Vulcans, Romulans, etc.

The new film also has plenty of invasion type forces with thousands of ships that would decimate the slower and terrible star destroyers.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Great they can assimilate, fine for them.

But as you said, what is shown in the films only correct?

Ok....again I ask, did they show anything of what I just said? I don't care about space.

Tell me...what GROUND BASED FORCES they have.

They have Klingons....warrior race, ok fine.

Augments...again fine.

Do they have war walkers? Do they have dropships that can drop walkers and troops in mid-combat? Do they have assault ships that could provide air support? Do they have tanks? Do they have cannons? Do they have military bases which could fend off an enemy assault on ground? Do they have planet based shield generators which could protect them from enemy fire?

Last edited by Zenwolf on May 25th, 2016 at 04:53 AM

Old Post May 25th, 2016 04:48 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Great they can assimilate, fine for them.

But as you said, what is shown in the films only correct?

Ok....again I ask, did they show anything of what I just said?
Yes, and there were a lot of Borg shown in the film First Contact.

Star Wars definitely has more ground forces but I believe a superior Air Force would negate that. They are conquering not trying to minimize casualties. Does a tank have a chance against an F 15 ?

Once the Borg adapt to their weaponry and assimilate they are going to bolster their ranks.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 04:52 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Yes, and there were a lot of Borg shown in the film First Contact.

Star Wars definitely has more ground forces but I believe a superior Air Force would negate that. They are conquering not trying to minimize casualties. Does a tank have a chance against an F 15 ?

Once the Borg adapt to their weaponry and assimilate they are going to bolster their ranks.

Saying yes....doesn't tell me anything.

What tanks do they have? What air ships? What cannons? Tell me something here.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 04:56 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

NuTrek Red Matter > All SW.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 05:21 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by AncientPower

Not sure if you're joking but Centerpoint Station y'know.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 05:23 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Saying yes....doesn't tell me anything.

What tanks do they have? What air ships? What cannons? Tell me something here.
Thousands of the new Frontier ships. Smaller and very mobile ships. Just to name a few.

Old Post May 29th, 2016 03:37 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by AncientPower
Preach it, sista.

Old Post May 29th, 2016 03:38 PM
Smoked12345
Restricted

Account Restricted

star wars >> star trek

Old Post May 29th, 2016 03:39 PM
Click here to Send Smoked12345 a Private Message Find more posts by Smoked12345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Smoked12345
star wars >> star trek
Based on ?

Old Post May 29th, 2016 10:16 PM
Tondemonai

Lmao @ this abysmal attempt to lessen Trek's extreme inferiority to SW.

Executor solo's all of Starfleet. 19km long, over 5,000 turbolasers and ion cannons, 13 engine thrusters, and Darth Vader and Admiral Peitt at its command.

Last edited by Tondemonai on May 30th, 2016 at 12:52 AM

Old Post May 30th, 2016 12:41 AM
Click here to Send Tondemonai a Private Message Find more posts by Tondemonai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Star wars. Death star, lightsabers, holocrons, starkiller base, hyperdrive, prosthetics, droids, force fields, tractor beams, etc.

Old Post May 30th, 2016 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Tondemonai
Lmao @ this abysmal attempt to lessen Trek's extreme inferiority to SW.

Executor solo's all of Starfleet. 19km long, over 5,000 turbolasers and ion cannons, 13 engine thrusters, and Darth Vader and Admiral Peitt at its command.
Hahaha, did you see how slow it was ? What did it do on screen that leads you to believe it solos ? Typical fanboyism. laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 6th, 2016 02:59 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Rebel95
Star wars. Death star, lightsabers, holocrons, starkiller base, hyperdrive, prosthetics, droids, force fields, tractor beams, etc.
So you ignore Trek's superior tech and just list the same old from Star Wars.

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 6th, 2016 03:00 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Hahaha, did you see how slow it was ? What did it do on screen that leads you to believe it solos ? Typical fanboyism. laughing out loud

Slow?

The imperial starfleet moved from behind Yavin IV to circumvent the Rebels in about a minute.

That's hardly an outlier; Rogue Squadron made a wide arc around Yavin to engage the Death Star within minutes; we're talking about them traveling hundreds of thousands of kilometers in like 150 seconds.

Even the Death Star was able to circumnavigate said gas giant in 30 minutes.

Now imagine how much energy these ships must be able to produce to power such accelerations - well, you don't need to imagine. You can do the math, and it works out nicely to the stats in Saxton's Incredible Cross Sections.

You see, when you look past the "gut feeling" technique and actually analyze and calculate the scenes and events in question, Star Wars comes out ahead by orders of magnitude. The math has been done; the Executor actually could crush the entire Alpha Quadrant without breaking much of a sweat. The disparity really is that massive.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2016 03:40 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Slow?

The imperial starfleet moved from behind Yavin IV to circumvent the Rebels in about a minute.

That's hardly an outlier; Rogue Squadron made a wide arc around Yavin to engage the Death Star within minutes; we're talking about them traveling hundreds of thousands of kilometers in like 150 seconds.

Now imagine how much energy these ships must be able to produce to power such accelerations - well, you don't need to imagine. You can do the math, and it works out nicely to the stats in Saxton's Incredible Cross Sections.

You see, when you look past the "gut feeling" technique and actually analyze and calculate the scenes and events in question, Star Wars comes out ahead by orders of magnitude. The math has been done; the Executor actually could crush the entire Alpha Quadrant without breaking much of a sweat. The disparity really is that massive.

Well from the start of the DS's arrival, it was 15 minutes out from firing range. Then it went to 7 minutes when the attack was going on.

So it took 7 minutes for Red/Gold Squadron to go from Yavin to the DS, that's ridiculously fast.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jun 6th, 2016 at 04:05 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2016 04:00 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Slow?

Travel speed not combat speed. Hugely different.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2016 05:33 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Do you want me to pull up a few youtube videos to disabuse you of your notion that the Alpha Quadrant powers possess amazing combat speeds? I just need to show you a Borg Cube battle, or one from the Dominion Wars, lmao.

Regardless, it doesn't matter; as I explained, the combined Alpha Quadrant powers couldn't scratch the paint of the Executor, regardless of how slow you think it is. More meaningful than combat speed is FTL speed; the Executor could strike at any planet within hours of deciding to do so, and there's simply no way for the Alpha Quadrant powers to respond in any meaningful time-frame. They won't get to combat, let alone to show off their non-existent maneuverability.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2016 05:48 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Travel speed not combat speed. Hugely different.

If you're talking about two humanoid fighters, I'd agree. But you're talking about spaceships and galactic dog fights were the speed at which you travel and move is everything.
How does a ship even have combat speed?

Star Wars stomps, the Centerpoint Station solos.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2016 06:11 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote