KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (76): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Who the fook is Roman Reigns?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 04:47 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Were you not a fan of him retiring the Undertaker? laughing out loud

laughing out loud

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Who the fook is Roman Reigns?

It was a wrestling reference.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 05:09 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by -Pr-
It was a wrestling reference.

Ah. That explains it. I haven't followed wrestling for more than a decade.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 05:14 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ah. That explains it. I haven't followed wrestling for more than a decade.

Roman Reigns is the new golden boy in wrestling. He gets more main-events, more title-shots, and basically is everything people say Superman is to an even greater degree.

He'd a solid wrestler, but he's surrounded by guys with (sometimes) buckets more talent and is regularly beating them.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 05:16 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by -Pr-
Roman Reigns is the new golden boy in wrestling. He gets more main-events, more title-shots, and basically is everything people say Superman is to an even greater degree.

He'd a solid wrestler, but he's surrounded by guys with (sometimes) buckets more talent and is regularly beating them.

Ah, so they're doing the thing again where they push their narrative/idea irrespective of what the fans want or whether it even makes sense?

Kind of reminds me of back in the day, when friggin Shane McMahon had a brief rivalry with Kane of all people. Because that's a realistic pair up lol.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 06:00 AM
Flyattractor

It will be fun to see how the Feminazi SJW's respond to this movie. If it Bombs it will be because of EVIL SEXIST WHITE MALES!
And if it does good, It will probably be They Gave IN TO EVIL SEXIST WHITE MALES!

Oh Lol Fest ether way I am sure.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 06:06 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Can't speak for others, but as long as the movie is good, the character is written properly, and it fits smoothly within the wider MCU without taking a giant dump on what's already been established, I'll be happy. And the Russo bros have a good track record.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 06:22 AM
NemeBro

Ah, so they're doing the thing again where they push their narrative/idea irrespective of what the fans want or whether it even makes sense?

Kind of reminds me of back in the day, when friggin Shane McMahon had a brief rivalry with Kane of all people. Because that's a realistic pair up lol.
Shane McMahon is a fantastic performer, which is incredible given that he's a wrestler second, businessman first. He's able to put on great matches and do stunts most wrestlers would balk at.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 06:24 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by NemeBro
Shane McMahon is a fantastic performer, which is incredible given that he's a wrestler second, businessman first. He's able to put on great matches and do stunts most wrestlers would balk at.

Oh, I totally respect what he is willing and capable of doing for wrestling. In fact, he's the only McMahon I actually kind of liked when I followed it. But, realistically, when one guy is like 6'2" and kinda pudgy, and the other guy is several inches taller, visibly much more muscular and, based on the wrestling narrative, far more experienced (and should be, quite frankly), things should be very one-sided. Yet, IIRC, Shane could give him a serious fight at various points. Granted, this shit was like 15 years ago, so maybe my memory isn't doing it justice.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 06:40 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yup.

Hey, Shane is still wrestling on occasion, and would you believe it, arguably had the match of the night with AJ Styles (arguably the best in the world) at the last Wrestlemania.

But yeah. Roman can go pretty well, but his promos are still dog-shit, and instead of turning him heel, they just keep pushing him. In storyline he flat-out tried to murder a guy, and they still pushed him as the good guy.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 06:57 AM
NemeBro

Yeah I don't follow WWE too closely these days, but Roman is definitely way overpushed relative to his actual ability and could stand to be heeled up to match his actions. Though that isn't anything new, and even plagued some beloved legends like Stone Cold Steve Austin, who could stunner an old woman (because she politely turned down a beer) and still be played off as a roguish face lol.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 07:18 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I remember a brief period where Stone Cold supposedly went soft, and was buddying up with people like Kurt Angle and Vince McMahon, even playing guitar and giving people hugs, IIRC, lol. That was such a weird story line.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 07:27 AM
Flyattractor

That was back when WWE was still fun to WATCH.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 06:15 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yep. I personally kind of fell off from it when they got to the point where they were even cutting to the crowd so as not to show chair shots as they were happening (before that, they used to just do it with the replays where they freeze frame it before impact IIRC, but you still heard the sound). I have no idea how much/little they show nowadays though.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 07:08 AM
Flyattractor

When they dropped B&P matches.. I totally quit.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 07:11 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yep. I personally kind of fell off from it when they got to the point where they were even cutting to the crowd so as not to show chair shots as they were happening (before that, they used to just do it with the replays where they freeze frame it before impact IIRC, but you still heard the sound). I have no idea how much/little they show nowadays though.

Chair shots are still allowed (and they do show them), you just can't strike the head with them due to their big push after the Chris Benoit thing. The PG era, as it's known, did cut down on a lot of things that people liked, but luckily there are enough talented wrestlers to have really good matches. And of course, there are still no-dq matches where people go through tables and even dropped on tacks. They're just more rare than before.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 07:42 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

So Marvel Studios skipped SDCC, essentially? I thought that was where we would get a glimpse of CM; if not a full trailer, just a sneak peek montage. Where could they debut the first trailer, then? Or are they waiting for the Shazam Comic Con trailer hype to die down, first?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 01:19 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by roughrider
So Marvel Studios skipped SDCC, essentially? I thought that was where we would get a glimpse of CM; if not a full trailer, just a sneak peek montage. Where could they debut the first trailer, then? Or are they waiting for the Shazam Comic Con trailer hype to die down, first?

im guesing a trailer might play alongside Venom

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 02:50 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider

Dont Marvel do their own comic con type event now?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 03:16 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Oh snap! Some Captain Marvel news is dropping tomorrow. Hopefully it's the trailer! I'd be fine with some official pics.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 03:23 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote