KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (76): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

A valid concern, but, Kaz is right, in that the MCU does its own thing characterization wise.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 04:56 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Let me guess a SJW rant is incoming from you?

Funny how people make out Social Justice Warrior to be such a bad thing.

Regardless I was personally getting a bit bored of every superhero being a white male. And clearly I wasnt the only one given Wonder Womans massive box office. And look how crazy people are going for Black Panther (which is gonna be Amazing).

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 10:31 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Funny how people make out Social Justice Warrior to be such a bad thing.

This pretty much sums up those people

SJW = I don't have a real argument.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 10:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Kazenji
This pretty much sums up those people

SJW = I don't have a real argument.

-slow clap-

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 10:52 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Impediment
And to think that Ronda F*cking Rousey campaigned like Hell to get this role. *shudder*

Props to Ronda for trying, but I don't know how strong an actor she is.

Other than Brie Larson, my top names for this would have been either Ali Larter or Katheryn Winnick. But we got an Oscar winner who looks the part, so it's all good.

How she gets her powers has to be more plausible than some alien wishing machine, though. The movie should make it more plausible.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 11:28 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Have you seen Carol Danvers portrayal in comics for the past 6 years? I believe my concerns are warranted.

She has been shit in the comics. Thankfully, I doubt the movie will make her that insufferable.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 11:35 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by roughrider
Props to Ronda for trying, but I don't know how strong an actor she is.

Other than Brie Larson, my top names for this would have been either Ali Larter or Katheryn Winnick. But we got an Oscar winner who looks the part, so it's all good.

How she gets her powers has to be more plausible than some alien wishing machine, though. The movie should make it more plausible.

I'm looking forward to the MCU spin on her origin AND her personality. Hoping fir some movie to comic bleed over.
Also, i was jonesing for Katee Sackhoff in the role, but seeing Brie in the suit makes me happy!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 11:53 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

So, Agent Coulson, Korath, and Ronan are going to be in this movie

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 07:43 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Hope its good.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 08:39 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Inhuman

I'm hopeful they have good scenes instead of sillyness

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 10:36 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Again, dont reslly see a reason to worry.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 10:42 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Inhuman

Coulson? Cool.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 07:51 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Hope Ronan shows off more of his skills in this movie then.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 08:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

"Jude Law is set to debut as Mar-Vell next year in Captain Marvel, but the Marvel Studios film will alter the role the character plays in Carol Danvers’ origin story.

While speaking with Uproxx, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige said Mar-Vell’s role will deviate from the comic book source material. “But as that character connects to the origin of Carol Danvers’ Captain Marvel,” he explained. “We’re pulling from some of that for inspiration."

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 10:24 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Its something they've done before, most notably w. Ultron.
Intetested to see how they spin this...

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 10:48 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Dreampanther
"Jude Law is set to debut as Mar-Vell next year in Captain Marvel, but the Marvel Studios film will alter the role the character plays in Carol Danvers’ origin story.

While speaking with Uproxx, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige said Mar-Vell’s role will deviate from the comic book source material. “But as that character connects to the origin of Carol Danvers’ Captain Marvel,” he explained. “We’re pulling from some of that for inspiration."

not a suprise, but I trust Marvel so I;m sure Law will make a kick as version of Mar-Vell

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 08:46 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^same. Any pics of him in costume yet?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 10:20 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^same. Any pics of him in costume yet?

haven't seen any but i will assume somone will post pics soon

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 02:33 AM
riv6672

Yeah i cant find anything yet. Waiting w. my usual giddy anticipation!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 04:06 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Teaser out.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 06:15 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote