KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (76): « First ... « 73 74 [75] 76 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden_2.0
Awful

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Watching this again 2nite, hopefully it's aged well enough.

I didn't enjoy it as much on a second viewing. Most of the performances are dialled in with the exception of Ben Mendelsohn. Despite not being in it a great deal he carries a lot of the actual personal drama himself. His story is much more interesting than Larson's because of it.

Old Post May 22nd, 2020 10:59 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I didn't enjoy it as much on a second viewing. Most of the performances are dialled in with the exception of Ben Mendelsohn. Despite not being in it a great deal he carries a lot of the actual personal drama himself. His story is much more interesting than Larson's because of it.

I'm the opposite, I liked it more on a second viewing.

But what they did to Nick Fury with that damn cat tho...

Old Post May 23rd, 2020 02:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

I actually laughed at that. I understand people more invested in the comics would be unhappy with it. Seemed like good old fashioned trolling to me.

Old Post May 23rd, 2020 02:38 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Nick Fury was.just silly. Larson for all her talk is hands down displayed the worst acting of MCU leads. And its so damn annoying when.she does much better.in.other movies

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post May 24th, 2020 07:23 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Nick Fury was.just silly.

But at least he got something to do in this film, unlike in most MCU installments.

Originally posted by Surtur
But what they did to Nick Fury with that damn cat tho...

I could be wrong, but I believe the meme predated the movie.

Old Post May 24th, 2020 08:03 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I could be wrong, but I believe the meme predated the movie.

How, though?
How do you get the beans above the frank?

Old Post May 24th, 2020 08:36 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

The Cat had a char poster. It started from there. At first memers made Goose responsible for Thanos scars, then it snowballed.it the kityy giving everyone scars

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post May 24th, 2020 09:33 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by roughrider
The first billion dollar grossing movie starring a female superhero, and it still bringing in money.

Hope the Incels are crying in their basements. stick out tongue
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Oh they are laughing out loud
thumb up

Old Post May 24th, 2020 09:42 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

The Cat had a char poster. It started from there. At first memers made Goose responsible for Thanos scars, then it snowballed.it the kityy giving everyone scars

Makes sense. Frank and beans.

Old Post May 24th, 2020 11:48 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nick Fury was.just silly. Larson for all her talk is hands down displayed the worst acting of MCU leads. And its so damn annoying when.she does much better.in.other movies

Yeah I hope she does a better job in the sequel. There is potential here.

Old Post May 24th, 2020 01:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

So there is only 2 Marvel movies I just don't like. Endgame and this. Though I am able to watch all of this. I can't even finish Endgame it's such trash. Why does Brie Larson piss me off only as Captain Marvel? Something about her in this universe is just not right.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 08:54 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
So there is only 2 Marvel movies I just don't like. Endgame and this. Though I am able to watch all of this. I can't even finish Endgame it's such trash. Why does Brie Larson piss me off only as Captain Marvel? Something about her in this universe is just not right.

I didn’t like her as a character, I didn’t like her in interviews.

I read this the other day...

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies...gers-movie/amp/

...and my own theory is, the powers that be knows she was unlikable as a character and decided to add characters ppl do/will like, to hedge their bets and cut down her screen time.

And oh yeah, while I’m hating on her, i didn’t like her in the pic they used in the above article, either.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2020 03:00 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Don't believe shit from that site, Riv.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2020 07:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I barely believe anything from -this- site.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2020 08:52 AM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

It’s a pretty fair assessment that not many people liked Captain Marvel, not exactly conspiratorial.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2020 03:10 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Brie gets me so ****ing hard.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2020 03:46 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by riv6672
I didn’t like her as a character, I didn’t like her in interviews.

I read this the other day...

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies...gers-movie/amp/

...and my own theory is, the powers that be knows she was unlikable as a character and decided to add characters ppl do/will like, to hedge their bets and cut down her screen time.

And oh yeah, while I’m hating on her, i didn’t like her in the pic they used in the above article, either.

Captain Marvel was the first MCU movie my wife and I walked out of in which my wife was disappointed (she likes comic book movies more than I do), and I noticed the feminist pandering. "You know why they call it a cockpit" yeesh gag a maggot type lines. I don't like pandering slipped into any movie of any sort, and this was the first MCU movie that took my out of the sci-fi fantasy escapism with lines like that.

Brie is a competent actress and a pretty woman (no need to make fun of her rear due to the flight suit/costume design in that one photo people trolled), but man that script let her down. Sam Jackson and Jude Law made it viewable though.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2020 04:55 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think this movie was good enough to warrant a sequel. Some of it is very cringe, but it's not all bad. It's interesting to learn more about the Kree. And the twist with the Skrulls is good too.

I don't think there is a Marvel movie I have been unable to finish. I'd have finished Endgame even if it was bad just cuz I wanted to see how it all ends. Though I enjoyed it.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2020 05:09 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I can't even finish Endgame it's such trash.

Finish it.

You'll get to see even more of Thor's fantastic moments

Old Post Aug 1st, 2020 05:33 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I've watched Captain Marvel twice and almost fell asleep both times. I honestly dont know if its the movie or if I was just tired since I was working midnight both times.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 1st, 2020 06:14 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote