KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The Matrix, only worth 2 films not 3?

The Matrix, only worth 2 films not 3?
Started by: GoldenSpike

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GoldenSpike

The Matrix, only worth 2 films not 3?

After seeing reloaded I really think that originally the story was only going to be 2 films long, as a lot of reloaded is crappy speeches about nothing and the incredibly pointless dance scene when they're in xion.
I felt like there was only about 10 minutes of actual plot in Reloaded spanning 2 and half hours. Hopefully revolutions will be better, but its annoying that they had to be greedy and make 3 films instead of 2.

Old Post May 29th, 2003 12:57 PM
GoldenSpike is currently offline Click here to Send GoldenSpike a Private Message Find more posts by GoldenSpike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

Want to know something....MATRIX REVOLUTIONS will be the same. Why?

Because it won't be better for you because you have written over and off in your mind instead of letting the film carry you on it's own.

Old Post May 29th, 2003 01:00 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justinday15
Jay

Im glad they're making 3 movies, instead of 2.

Old Post May 29th, 2003 04:06 PM
justinday15 is currently offline Click here to Send justinday15 a Private Message Find more posts by justinday15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nopy

I agree with goldenspike. Too long ang too drawn out

Old Post May 29th, 2003 04:56 PM
nopy is currently offline Click here to Send nopy a Private Message Find more posts by nopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

no it wasn't. big grin

Old Post May 29th, 2003 05:36 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Virus
Replacement Keymaker

i think they could have compressed it into one film if they wanted, but i think it's much better to have two films. and if they had to cram they story into one film, it would probably be really long..and it wouldnt be right to have the sequel three times longer than the original

"There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking it." - Morpheous

Old Post May 30th, 2003 02:00 AM
Virus is currently offline Click here to Send Virus a Private Message Find more posts by Virus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Plus, no one wants to sit through a 5 hour film... sick

Welcome to the boards, Virus, Nopy, GoldenSpike.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 03:04 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

i totally disagree, looking back i cant really think of any scene they could have cut out to add what is in the next film. they could have cut down on the fight scenes but that is what a lot of people go to it for and the dialog was crucial.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 04:06 AM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myndon
I'm the one who talks

I think it is should be 3 films, because then it doesn't just rush you right to the solution of why Neo could stop the Sentinals, what happened to Zion when your only just told its going to be destroyed and what happens to the Matrix

Ergo, open your yapper one more time and i'll architect a world of pain all over your candy ass! Ergo! Concorditly! vis-a-vis!

Old Post May 30th, 2003 09:50 AM
Myndon is currently offline Click here to Send Myndon a Private Message Find more posts by Myndon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justinday15
Jay

I agree with Myndon. Happy Dance

Old Post May 30th, 2003 04:27 PM
justinday15 is currently offline Click here to Send justinday15 a Private Message Find more posts by justinday15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icharus

Totally - three films is better, gets you thinking in between. Plus 'the Matrix trilogy' sounds better than um..... 'the two Matrix movies'.

Besides, we'll all realise just how important and intricate the small details and all the dialogues are to the film, when revolutions is released.

Also on the rave - I thought that scene was genius! It showed how man worked together, all cultures and races, not fighting over religious differences. They have come together on a common enemy - machines. Think what you like but this scene plants sub-concious thoughts of unity into your mind - especially with Neo and Trinity making love also. The thing that bakes your noodle though is when the raving stops, and trinity is shot in Neo's dream - expressing the fate of Trinity and the fate of Zion.

Hope I've made some sence....

Last edited by Icharus on May 31st, 2003 at 01:48 PM

Old Post May 31st, 2003 01:40 PM
Icharus is currently offline Click here to Send Icharus a Private Message Find more posts by Icharus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

They should've stopped at 1.

Old Post May 31st, 2003 06:07 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GoldenSpike

quote:
Originally posted by Icharus
Totally - three films is better, gets you thinking in between. Plus 'the Matrix trilogy' sounds better than um..... 'the two Matrix movies'.

Besides, we'll all realise just how important and intricate the small details and all the dialogues are to the film, when revolutions is released.

Also on the rave - I thought that scene was genius! It showed how man worked together, all cultures and races, not fighting over religious differences. They have come together on a common enemy - machines. Think what you like but this scene plants sub-concious thoughts of unity into your mind - especially with Neo and Trinity making love also. The thing that bakes your noodle though is when the raving stops, and trinity is shot in Neo's dream - expressing the fate of Trinity and the fate of Zion.

Hope I've made some sence....

You must be very, very bored...

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 06:38 PM
GoldenSpike is currently offline Click here to Send GoldenSpike a Private Message Find more posts by GoldenSpike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

ITS EXACTLY MY FEELINGS TOO ICHARUS. I VE BEEN DREAMING A DREAM HERE IN MY COUNTRY ABOUT MATRIX I CANT LET IT GO

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 01:03 AM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote