KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Injustice 2

Injustice 2
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
^ And there seemed to be a lot more street level characters in the first game than superpowered ones, mostly thanks to the focus on Batman and his gallery. Forgot who first said it, but Bats Among Us would've been a more fitting subtitle for the first game than Gods Among Us.

Even if Injustice 2 were on PC, anyone would have to be brain damaged to get it on there, given WB's reputation in that area now.

I'm not really skeptical on this game, just kinda so-so on it right now after my gripes/disappointments with the first Injustice and to a lesser extent, MKX. I don't doubt that this'll be another solid fighter or anything, but depending on what all this game has or doesn't have, just not sure how invested I'll be in it yet.

WB was 50/50 after what happened with Arkham Knight and MKX. It's just sad that they seem to be giving up, rather than trying to improve their lot.

I really enjoyed the first Injustice, and there aren't many good DC games I can play that don't have Arkham in the title (though the often rumoured Superman game may finally get announced at E3, so fingers crossed).

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 02:40 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

^ Yep. Does seem typical for them to do though by this point.

Aye. Heard about that Superman thing. Hope it's decent if it's true then. Back to Injustice 2 though,

quote:
And of course we’re going to continue to tell the epic story of the Injustice Universe. When last we saw them, Superman was imprisoned in a Red Sun prison cell, while Batman was continuing the good fight against the forces that would see Superman’s tyranny back in power. Where do we go from here? And what new characters will join the fight? Of course you’ll have to play the game to find out. And we can’t wait for you to get your hands on this game. We’re excited to see your vision come to life on screen.

Ehhhhhh... Tells a bit of what we needed to know about the story I guess. After the underwhelming "story" of the first game though, I don't have much expectations for this one. Yeah, it had a couple notable moments, but was largely forgettable as a whole.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 04:45 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

There's only so much you can do with evil Superman that hasn't been done before.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 09:31 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Darkseid comes and tries to take over earth.

That would be enough....stick out tongue

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 10:21 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
^ And there seemed to be a lot more street level characters in the first game than superpowered ones, mostly thanks to the focus on Batman and his gallery. Forgot who first said it, but Bats Among Us would've been a more fitting subtitle for the first game than Gods Among Us.

Even if Injustice 2 were on PC, anyone would have to be brain damaged to get it on there, given WB's reputation in that area now.

I'm not really skeptical on this game, just kinda so-so on it right now after my gripes/disappointments with the first Injustice and to a lesser extent, MKX. I don't doubt that this'll be another solid fighter or anything, but depending on what all this game has or doesn't have, just not sure how invested I'll be in it yet.
Uh, nah, Batman and Superman characters were nearly balanced out.

We had the essential characters that were going to get in like Bane, Grundy, Nightwing and Joker.

Catwoman isn't a Batman character no matter how strong of connections they had.

Batgirl was bullshit though.

Then we got Zod, Doomsday, Lex Luthor, etc.

More street levelers rather then superpowered characters is subjective. I like street levelers more, but that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 10:36 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Uh, nah, Batman and Superman characters were nearly balanced out.

We had the essential characters that were going to get in like Bane, Grundy, Nightwing and Joker.

Catwoman isn't a Batman character no matter how strong of connections they had.

Batgirl was bullshit though.

Then we got Zod, Doomsday, Lex Luthor, etc.

More street levelers rather then superpowered characters is subjective. I like street levelers more, but that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

That doesn't make any sense. You're saying Catwoman isn't a Batman character, yet you're putting Grundy among that group when he first battled the original Green Lantern and has actually fought Lanterns and Superman more than he ever did Batman?

And Bane wasn't really essential. Like Zod he really only got in because he was the villain of his respective foe's last movie at the time.

Last edited by KCJ506 on Jun 10th, 2016 at 11:02 AM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 10:58 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by KCJ506
That doesn't make any sense. You're saying Catwoman isn't a Batman character, yet you're putting Grundy among that group when he first battled the original Green Lantern and has actually fought Lanterns and Superman more than he ever did Batman?

And Bane wasn't really essential. Like Zod he really only got in because he was the villain of his respective foe's last movie at the time.
Bane was going to get in no matter what, regardless of movie releases or whatever.

They based the game, not off comics themselves, but the Animated Series' of the comics, cartoons, the animated stuff.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 11:18 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I honestly don't see how you can say Catwoman isn't a Batman character. Her entire history is deeply intertwined with his.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 11:21 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by -Pr-
I honestly don't see how you can say Catwoman isn't a Batman character. Her entire history is deeply intertwined with his.
Because she was introduced seperately.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 11:46 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Because she was introduced seperately.

Howso?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 11:54 AM
Jmanghan

Damn.

Just looked it up.

I'll take that L.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 11:59 AM
KCJ506

Even if Catwoman had been introduced separately, had would that not make her a Batman character? That would be like saying Wolverine isn't a X-men character since he was introduced in the Hulk's comics.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 12:34 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

What the **** is it?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 12:47 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

What the **** is it?

The sound of your own fart.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 12:49 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Either way, I do think there needs to be more variation. We had people like Aquaman and Flash but not their villains? Black Manta and Captain Cold would easily work in a game like this. DC has a huge library of characters, and it needs to showcase more of them, imo.

Where's Red Tornado? Geo-Force? Doctor Light? Starfire? Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner or Kilowog (even as alternate skins)? The JSA, the LEGION, the Freedom Fighters. The rest of the Suicide Squad.

****in' Birds of Prey.

They could add so much more.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 01:51 PM
Estacado
Legendary

So there is pic with a dude wearing an Injustice 2 shirt.
It has symbols of

Grodd
Atrocitus
Captain Cold
Batman
Aquaman
Dr Fate
Flash
Supergirl
Wonder Woman

They say it could be some of the new characters hinted....

http://testyourmight.com/threads/up...ed.60554/page-3

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Jun 10th, 2016 at 02:22 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 02:17 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Either way, I do think there needs to be more variation. We had people like Aquaman and Flash but not their villains? Black Manta and Captain Cold would easily work in a game like this. DC has a huge library of characters, and it needs to showcase more of them, imo.

Where's Red Tornado? Geo-Force? Doctor Light? Starfire? Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner or Kilowog (even as alternate skins)? The JSA, the LEGION, the Freedom Fighters. The rest of the Suicide Squad.

****in' Birds of Prey.

They could add so much more.
Well, fighting games' rosters aren't typically huge. Also, MK feels like they have to fill up at least half the roster with their characters. Meh.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 02:38 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

WB was 50/50 after what happened with Arkham Knight and MKX. It's just sad that they seem to be giving up, rather than trying to improve their lot.

I really enjoyed the first Injustice, and there aren't many good DC games I can play that don't have Arkham in the title (though the often rumoured Superman game may finally get announced at E3, so fingers crossed).

Lego games are good. But of course, they have "Batman" in the title. wink

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 03:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Well, fighting games' rosters aren't typically huge. Also, MK feels like they have to fill up at least half the roster with their characters. Meh.

Not huge, no, but the excessive amounts of bat-characters takes up space better used for others, imo.

Originally posted by cdtm
Lego games are good. But of course, they have "Batman" in the title. wink

They are good. I'm still waiting on a Marvel Heroes-esque DC game though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 04:46 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Estacado
Darkseid comes and tries to take over earth.

That would be enough....stick out tongue

With the "each time I enter the pit, I emerge reborn" line from the trailer, there's more alluding to Ra's al Ghul at the moment, but I hope Darkseid's somewhere in the mix too. I wanted Ra's in the first game anyway though; always felt he had more fighting game potential compared to most of Batman's gallery.

As long as Regime Superman's not the main focus again, I'll probably be more content with whatever they do with the story than I was the first game.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 10:19 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote