KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » THE END of the movie

THE END of the movie
Started by: apple

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
maul's woman

No no! Higgypop that is a very very good question! The reason why such an elaborate system is being used is because the brain never sleeps. The unconscious brain is always active. Working. Seeing. Hearing. It never shuts down except after a substantial period after death. The A.I. knows this and that shutting down the brain will kill the body. Useless to the technology.

The best question to ask is that why couldn't the A.I. correct the atmospheric environment that cut off the sun which is what the humans did during the conflict with the A.I.? Why couldn't it restore the atmosphere to what it was being that it initially ran off solar energy to a great degree?

Old Post May 30th, 2003 12:44 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
apple

MaulīWoman, itīs called entropy. The earth environment was used up by human and A.I activity, probably the sun became a problem, open wide above everyone. They had to shut the curtains! Thatīs why humans concentrate themselves next to the heart of the planet, because the sun energy can be replaced by geotermic energy.

Turin said something interesting: Zion will be destroyed in 24 hours. So, in the end of Reloaded, Neo did or did not reach the Mainframe?
Because the Architect said that Zion would be destroyed by the time the Matrix is reloaded, thing that would happen after the One reach the Mainframe. It seems Neo didnīt get to the Mainframe (the door at his right), because he chose to save Trinity. If he didnīt reach the Mainframe, why Zion would be destroyed in 24 hours?!

Old Post May 30th, 2003 01:10 PM
apple is currently offline Click here to Send apple a Private Message Find more posts by apple Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zimbo
The craziest man ever

Zion will be destroyed anyway but if neo would get to the mainframe, later he would get chance to choose 23 people from matrix to rebuild the Zion

''If any of you so much as pass gas in my direction and upset my delicate nasal passages, your testicles will become my private property''.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 01:34 PM
zimbo is currently offline Click here to Send zimbo a Private Message Find more posts by zimbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Some people have some REAL odd ideas about Zion being destroyed. It's nothing to do with what Neo does in the Matrix at all. Zion is destroyed simply when the machines reach it which has not happened yet but would be the same REGARDLESS of what Neo did.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2003 02:20 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav17420

well

"You know, the Matrix was originally designed to be a perfect world. Where everyone would be happy...it was a disaster, entire crops were lost." Oh my, a matrix gone wrong...a disaster...[THE REAL WORLD?]

I just got done seeing The Matrix (1) again and that line hit me. I hope to god it's not a Matrix in a Matrix because thats just horribly gay (The Matrix Revolutions - FLOOR 13). Seems plausible though...

Old Post May 30th, 2003 02:42 PM
trav17420 is currently offline Click here to Send trav17420 a Private Message Find more posts by trav17420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

right, and in the preview they say that they have 24 hours till the machines reach zion. now neo reaching the main frame to reboot the matrix can take place any time relative to the destruction of zion, before or after it doesnt matter. all that matters is that it is done.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 02:43 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

True... 24 hours is what the Architect told Neo. But not even A.I. knows the individual mind totally. There is always the element of surprise that all humans have. Always that random element in our thinking pattern that comes "out of left field". The one thing the Architect did know was that he was in love with Trinity and because of that love he would choose to exit through the door... stage left. big grin

Anyway, remember that all advanced computer systems have "firewalls" Neo may have been in the mainframe itself and didn't know it. He may have been sitting right in front of it and wouldn't know it. The Architect may be that firewall. The destruction of Zion suits the purpose of the A.I. and its survival. The whole darn thing will be started up again with the renewed breeding of newer humans and possibly a genetic code sequence modification.

As for the sun pouring down on earth unfiltered... I don't think that is the problem. That would be a problem for corporal life but not for the A.I. Remember it was the humans that destroyed the sky. Humans destroyed the sky creating a perpetual darkness and winter because it cut off the A.I. power source... the sun. It was chiefly solar powered. But the A.I. outsmarted the humans and over the year devised a way to subjugate them and turn them all into D batteries. Now that is some wicked technological move.

Last edited by maul's woman on May 30th, 2003 at 02:59 PM

Old Post May 30th, 2003 02:54 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
apple

So what is the main purpose for reloading the Matrix?
There has been 6 Matrix. Why they are always reloading or rebooting it?
Is it to clean the program from all those anomalities (rebel programs)and virus (like agent Smith)? To start a clean world?

Old Post May 30th, 2003 03:07 PM
apple is currently offline Click here to Send apple a Private Message Find more posts by apple Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zimbo
The craziest man ever

......till it will get durty again,
e I think you're write,I'm not sure my self

''If any of you so much as pass gas in my direction and upset my delicate nasal passages, your testicles will become my private property''.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 03:16 PM
zimbo is currently offline Click here to Send zimbo a Private Message Find more posts by zimbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zimbo
The craziest man ever

I ment 'wright'

Old Post May 30th, 2003 03:17 PM
maul's woman

You got it Apple. All computers are upgraded and/or backed up. Occasionally, corporate mainframes are defragged and so forth. With something as MASSIVE as the Matrix A.I. this may be necessary every few years or more.

Look at Smith! He has become a virus! What we saw was a viral amplification. Actually to be more accurate on this symbiotic level, Smith became cancerous. Just like a cancer cell he began to "willingly" and out of control of the Matrix pure functions, divide and multiply. Cancerous cells multiply out of control and with odd numerical divisions. Smith became this viral/cancerous thing.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 03:29 PM
Man_Childe

The subject of why use a Matrix at all.
I've talked to some bio majors on this one cause it confused me as well. This was the answer they gave me take it as you will.
The human brain is the most advanced brain on the planet. It generates a good amount of electricity. In order to generate the optimum amount of electricity it needs stimulation. Hence humans sleeping and dreaming would not be as efficient as utilizing a fully stimulated brain, nor would using other animals in out stead. Humans have to be in a concious state in order to be useful to the Matrix.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 03:31 PM
Man_Childe is currently offline Click here to Send Man_Childe a Private Message Find more posts by Man_Childe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the baldy man

At the end of the Movie, Neo says "something's different - I can feel them" about the Sentinels. Then he goes on to stop them just like he can with bullets inside the Matrix. To me, this suggests one of the following:

1. The world "outside the Matrix", i.e. the tunnels, Zion, everything that (up to now) we thought was "Real" is actually some sort of additional part of the Matrix / another layer / whatever....

Or...

2. Neo has gained some kind of real-world power as "The One" to be able to stop the Sentinels but the shock of this realisation was so great it knocked him into a coma.....

Or...

3. They've all been duped and the Matrix has tricked them into thinking they've jacked out after Neo saved Trinity but they're actually still in a "Reloaded" version that now includes a virtual world complete with a fake Zion / tunnel system / sentinels etc....

Finally, could it be possible that whilst both Neo and Smith/Bane appear to be unconscious that they are actually now disconnected from the system and in another "realm" which could be revealed in the final movie? Perhaps the scene of the fight between them that was hinted at in the trailer?

Old Post May 30th, 2003 03:35 PM
the baldy man is currently offline Click here to Send the baldy man a Private Message Find more posts by the baldy man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

BaldyMan, that is basically in line with what I was saying about multilayered existance. The Matrix existing in a type of multiple continuum and that all those hooked into the system can and do experience these different levels consciously and unconsciously without actually realizing the continuum. Neo, Morpheus and the others who are in Zion are actually living "consciously" in another level of the A.I. existance in the time/space continuum. An intelligence that massive would have sought out and used that multidimensional planes of existance for its own survival. Humans can't really do that because we don't "believe" in it. Whereas the A.I. is not hampered by belief systems and other delusions.

That could be what Neo said about everything is "different". He is still jacked into the system like you said but is slowly becoming aware of the other levels of existence but all within the Matrix.

Excellent analysis Baldy. big grin

Old Post May 30th, 2003 04:57 PM
maul's woman

Hey Man Child! That is what another user was saying. I concur! Unless the brain is fully awake and the mind tricked into accepting what it is seeing as truly "reality", it would not be able to cope and generate the needed BTUs needed by the great machine.

Besides, it's not just the brain generating electrical signals, but the entire body generates energy and heat. The Hypotalamus (sp?) regulates this. And then there is metabolism that also helps generate energy. So being that nothing grows, the human is fed other humans who have been liquified. Nothing is wasted. Energy to substance and then back to energy again. Total recyclization.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 05:01 PM
Man_Childe

Yes and if you have a large sum of batteries, say a few billion, and those batteries have the ability to destroy each other in a virtual reality you would want to control that right? If those Batteries have a war you could in theory loose a substatial portion of power output. Hence the unbalenced equation that the archetect could not remove, but could be controlled. Choice.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 05:06 PM
Man_Childe is currently offline Click here to Send Man_Childe a Private Message Find more posts by Man_Childe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

That is what we (the humans) are allowed to believe. That belief is fostered and amplified by the A.I. It controls human destiny which is it's destiny. Smith said in the 1st movie that many humans died when they were given the perfect world of the Matrix "utopia". The humans could not accept utopia and that they thrived off of misery, pain and chaos. The humans are chaos. Smith called humans a virus... an entity that lives outside the cohesion of a colony; or a colony psyche. Humans have destroyed the earth and life on it just like an extremely lethal virus would destroy it's host. But with the A.I. humans have become a virus living within a host in a symbiotic relationship. Non-lethal. The A.I. became the natural host. So when the A.I. presented the humans with death and destruction through the sentinels and agents, it presented humans with a condition of existance that is appropriate for the continuation of a healthy mental state of humans. big grin Therefore! The power output remains optimum.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 05:25 PM
Swedenborg
Assimilated

quote:
Originally posted by the baldy man
1. The world "outside the Matrix"... is actually some sort of additional part of the Matrix / another layer / whatever....

2. Neo has gained some kind of real-world power as "The One"...

3. ... they're actually still in a "Reloaded" version that now includes a virtual world ... [/B]

Those would seem to be the options...

Sincerely hope it's not the second one. Neo is too powerful as it is *L* wink

I hope it's the first one, but could settle with the third *L*

But we can't know, can we? Maybe after Revolutions.

The Oracle said something along the lines that everything/everyone were programs. If that is true, it'd seem meaningless to talk about a "real" world (outside the Matrix.) That's why I hope it's the first option.

Last edited by Swedenborg on May 30th, 2003 at 05:38 PM

Old Post May 30th, 2003 05:35 PM
Swedenborg is currently offline Click here to Send Swedenborg a Private Message Find more posts by Swedenborg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man_Childe

I can understand humans not being able to truly understand perfection, I think that would cause insanity in most people if they were placed in that situation. The AI presenting 250,000 "aware" humans with the prospect of death and destruction "for their sanity" while the other several billion are oblivious to what is happening doesn't click though. If you are going to destroy them anyway, why let them go to waste in Zion when you can liquify them as food for the other billion.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 05:40 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Aside from it being a dreadful idea, all conversations about whether the real world is a Matrix belong in the specified thread about whether there is more than one or not.

More to the point, as the computer game apparently gives the fourth (and so therefore canon) reason for it all- that part of neo is still in the Matrix, connected to the Source, and so can affect the Sentinels- to try and make out those are the only three possibilities is rather void.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 30th, 2003 at 05:45 PM

Old Post May 30th, 2003 05:40 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote