KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » THE END of the movie

THE END of the movie
Started by: apple

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
maul's woman

But that is one idea in the Computer Game. There are things in the computer game that will not reach the movies. It is there way of keeping everything separate. It's the same with franchises like STAR WARS and STAR TREK. The books and stuff are separate storylines from the movie and the real story is only with the movie. I think that is what the producers are doing with MATRIX movies and the computer games.

What the Oracle said furthers my belief that Neo part of that multilayered existance.

Man Child, the A.I. cannot discredit or disregard the reality syndrome for humans. Simply growing them, liquifying them for food for functioning humans is not enough. Those humans will die quickly because the body cannot function without a functioning mind. So this elaborate system was devised by it to keep the "crop" alive and "functioning" for a long time.

For the humans and their yen for struggle and destruction, the Zion scenario is perfect. It works and in the end is extremely beneficial for the A.I.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 05:53 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, Maul's Woman, you are wrong. The computer game is not like the non-canonical ones of other licenses. It is actually part of the ACTUAL plot, filmed at the same time as the film, and written by the brothers themselves. They say it is fully canonical and part of continuity. What it says is so.

Your belief that the Oracle and Architect's words suggest a multi-layered existence will, I suspect, remain your opinion and not that of many others.

Too many people needlessly overcomplicate what is actually quite a simple thing.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2003 05:56 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man_Childe

I can understand that, but I cannot understand why what less than 1 percent of the entire crop has to do with the other portion that is happy with the Matrix as is. It would be best to liquify it and feed to the rest of the crop that is happy with things as they are. letting that smal group play out its desires outside of the matrix makes little sense, being outside the Matrix produces no power for the AI.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 05:59 PM
Man_Childe is currently offline Click here to Send Man_Childe a Private Message Find more posts by Man_Childe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The AI's can not identify which is which so that does not work.

They HAVE to exercise their choice to be removed- the system ONLY works if that choice is there, remember?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2003 06:00 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swedenborg
Assimilated

It'd be good if users could move their posts to relevant threads then wink (Perhaps have a button along with every post (like the "edit", "quote" etc.), which you press and then select destination thread.)

Especially for a "newbie" like me =P Don't know where everything belongs *L*

Old Post May 30th, 2003 06:09 PM
Swedenborg is currently offline Click here to Send Swedenborg a Private Message Find more posts by Swedenborg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man_Childe

If the humans are in a Matrix run by the AI it would only make sense that the AI knows exactly who's who. And yes they do have to exercise free will, and right after the human makes a consious decision to leave the Matrix it should be located and liquified, after all a human with atrophied muscles isn't going to leave his pod.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 06:15 PM
Man_Childe is currently offline Click here to Send Man_Childe a Private Message Find more posts by Man_Childe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

Oh that's all right Ushgarak! I am throwing out possibilities. Tickle the ol' noodle as they say. But things can change. Not written in stone, so to speak. Or the computer chip. big grin Anyway, I don't play computer games. But I love reading. So until I see REVOLUTIONS, which I will take as gospel, I will speculate reasons and rationale. More fun.

Well, Man Child, you never know. That could be what the producers have in mind as the end. The great machine feeding deviate human drones and programs to the happy ones. The one's who don't want "reality" but would rather the make believe world created by the A.I. Remember Palantino's character? He said it would have been better to have taken the blue pill. Then he bargained with the agents to reinsert his body after he betrays Morpheus. Not everyone enjoys reality. Look at our own REAL world. More and more of us are "bugging out" everyday. WHOA!

Last edited by maul's woman on May 30th, 2003 at 06:47 PM

Old Post May 30th, 2003 06:22 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man_Childe

True, I apologize if it seemed as though I was attacking you, wasn't my intention, but I realized that it might have seemed that way. I am still trying to make some sense out of the ending. Maybe its an ending within an ending smile

Old Post May 30th, 2003 06:26 PM
maul's woman

No not at all. Don't even think of it that way. The analysis is very good.

You may be very correct... an ending within an ending. Like a dream within a dream. Horrible. Knowing that things are "just not right" but you can't really put your finger on it. And then when you wake up on one level, you find that you are STILL asleep on the levels above you. That is... if you can reason that far while still plugged in. :O

big grin

Sounds like something out of the TWILIGHT ZONE or the OUTER LIMITS. LOL!!!

Old Post May 30th, 2003 06:45 PM
apple

Well, we have plenty of different interpretations here. Does anybody know if the directors (the brothers) really, since the beginning, before the first movie, wrote a trilogy? Because it seems to me that all there was was the story of the first movie. Then it became a great success. So they had to write... make up... a continuation.
The first movie is simple and beautiful. In this second, the simplicity dies. They creat lots of details there were not part of the first movie (anomalities, corridors with doors etc.).
Iīm afraid they are changing the original idea...

Old Post May 30th, 2003 06:47 PM
apple is currently offline Click here to Send apple a Private Message Find more posts by apple Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man_Childe

That is exactly how the movie felt. Like I was on the verge of being enlightened to it but never quite achieving that nirvana. If the Wachoisky brothers intended that then they did a very good job.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 06:48 PM
maul's woman

That the real beauty of the second movie. We woke up from the simple beauty of the first to the unimaginable layers of the second. ack!!! I love the first film. It was the foundation. The second film is the meat. Maybe the last film is the desert. big grin

I haven't heard or read anything suggesting that the brothers wrote a trilogy. Sometimes I think its best to keep things to oneself and not spill all the beans. If they told us everything we would not be able to think up all these fantastic scenarios. big grin so... speculate away dear Apple. big grin

Old Post May 30th, 2003 06:51 PM
apple

Donīt you guys think that the ressurection of Trinity kind of denies the original idea of the first movie?
I explain: if the brain is dead, you cannot bring someone back to life stimulating this person IN THE MATRIX. What Neo did to Trinity, touching her artifitial heart, wouldnīt produce any effect in the real world, in her real being, because her real brain was already dead. If Neo wanted to save her, he should be stimulating her IN THE REAL WORLD (as Trinity did when she first saved him, in the first movie).
We have a problem of logic here.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 07:14 PM
apple is currently offline Click here to Send apple a Private Message Find more posts by apple Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chaos
g0d

May I ask what the hell has Cypher got to do with this? You see a little look at him right at the very end and I have no clue what it means sad

Ja, nice point Apple wink
The last part of your body to die is your brain (I think roll eyes (sarcastic) ) so maybe she wasnt completely dead? embarrasment
Neo was saying 'I know you can hear me'

Happy Dance Happy Dance

Last edited by Chaos on May 30th, 2003 at 07:20 PM

Old Post May 30th, 2003 07:16 PM
Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

Ah Cypher! Well Chaos, I heard that he appears in the end. I going to see the movie again anyway so I will look for him. big grin Palantino did say something about Cypher coming back in RELOADED when the first movie came out. Interesting. smile

Apple it makes sense. Maybe this is something that Neo discovered but did not articulate. What if he "knows" that everyone is still plugged in but has not fully accepted it yet. The prophesy is a lie he says. He's taking the Trickster at his word in this regard. So when Trinity "died" in his dreams and in the Matrix he most likely realized that she "lives" still in the multilevels of the Matrix existence. The Trickster told him the truth that he had to choose several pairs of humans. Neo had Trinity. She is his counterpart for the continuation of the humans. She is his mate and he will choose a number of other men and women who are to mate and replenish the supply of humans on their particular level of existence.

Last edited by maul's woman on May 30th, 2003 at 07:26 PM

Old Post May 30th, 2003 07:23 PM
Chaos
g0d

Hmm... Look here
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f42/t6304.html

JustinDay says that is Agent Smith in Cyphers body... But how Smith is just a program!?
Unless he is wrong roll eyes (sarcastic)

Or... there is actually 2 matrixs' eek!

Old Post May 30th, 2003 07:30 PM
Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

He is now a rogue program. Almost like a virus. As described by the Oracle. Seeing ghosts, vampires, werewolves... all rogue and old programs. Cypher would fit that description and if it is true that Smith took him over then it bears out what the Oracle said to Neo. Neo will meet up with Cypher.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 07:33 PM
Chaos
g0d

Ohhh.. thats bad wink

Old Post May 30th, 2003 07:36 PM
maul's woman

VERY BAD!!

Old Post May 30th, 2003 07:41 PM
Chaos
g0d

LoL... Okie guess i'm just uppin my post count laughing out loud

Thanks anyway big grin

Old Post May 30th, 2003 07:43 PM