KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » THE END of the movie

THE END of the movie
Started by: apple

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
maul's woman

Keep going. This is good.

What do you think Neo would do if he did confront Cypher? If it is Cypher. Plus that would mean that not only Bane was accessed by the Smith Virus, but a number of individuals were.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 07:50 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chaos
g0d

Neo would **** the ***** up big grin
Ermm...
Are you a woman ? :P

Old Post May 30th, 2003 07:53 PM
Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mla121

What about before Neo meets the architect, before the zoom out of what looks to be stars into the room. Now this might have been mentioned already (I haven't seen it tho)- Could it be that there are Matrix's on other worlds. Surely there is some meaning for it.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 08:05 PM
mla121 is currently offline Click here to Send mla121 a Private Message Find more posts by mla121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

Watch your language.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 08:05 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nick33559

Having Cypher in fact be one of Agent Smith's infections would be a good way to tie the plot from the first movie to the second and third ones. However, it represents a logical leap in that a part of the matrix program must enter the psyche of the person while he/she is plugged into the matrix and then continue on after that person is disconnected and returns to the "real" world (I put real in quotes since there is some skepticism as to whether the unplugged world is in fact reality). I believe this leap is established in the second movie and is a good explanation for Cypher's deviation in the original matrix.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 08:24 PM
Nick33559 is currently offline Click here to Send Nick33559 a Private Message Find more posts by Nick33559 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nick33559

P.S. I agree with Maul that profane exclamations contribute very little to the dialogue and are better suited to another forum

Old Post May 30th, 2003 08:27 PM
Nick33559 is currently offline Click here to Send Nick33559 a Private Message Find more posts by Nick33559 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Whoa there!

First of all, yes, the brothers did always plan this as a trilogy, but so did GL with Star Wars and he radically changed the plot as he went along so whether they had all this planned is unknown.

Secondly, Joe Pantoliano was in negotiations to be in the new films but asked for too much money and lost the part, which he talks quite amusingly about (as opposed to Marcus Chong who pulled guns on people, apparently). He did the Sopranos instead, which he was very good in, but sadly we will miss his neatly cynical presence and whatever means would have been his return, in either of these films

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2003 08:31 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the baldy man

I may be wrong (and I probably am) but why the references to Cypher? I thought the guy laying unconscious next to Neo was in fact Bane who we are led to assume has been imprinted by Smith... Or did I miss something?

Old Post May 30th, 2003 08:36 PM
the baldy man is currently offline Click here to Send the baldy man a Private Message Find more posts by the baldy man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, it was Bane.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2003 08:37 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chaos
g0d

hmmm ok... sorry about the launguage roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 30th, 2003 08:56 PM
Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icharus

Howz about this -

When Neo defeated the sentinals, it seemed like there were blue sparks...... kinda like an EMP. Smith set off an EMP possibly at the same time during the attempted 'counter strike'. Could it be that the link some how generated an EMP? Or just that the EMP was close enough to affect the machines - Neo and Smith/Bane???

Coincidence? I think not.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 09:22 PM
Icharus is currently offline Click here to Send Icharus a Private Message Find more posts by Icharus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UofMguy

yeah where is this cypher talk coming from? I'm pretty sure it was Bane, goatee guy, next to Neo at the end like baldy and Ush mentioned.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 09:54 PM
UofMguy is currently offline Click here to Send UofMguy a Private Message Find more posts by UofMguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UofMguy

oh and chalk me up for theory #2. Neo is discovering new powers, b/c he is going to need them vs Smith in revolutions. Plus their is an army of machines coming that would/will surely destroy Zion rather easily.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 09:57 PM
UofMguy is currently offline Click here to Send UofMguy a Private Message Find more posts by UofMguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

I think it was Smith into Cypher in M1 too. Like with Bane. That explain how he could get in to the matrix without someone who unplugged him when he returns to the Nab.

Old Post May 31st, 2003 05:17 PM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
apple

Thereīs something I didnīt understand in the chat between Neo and the Architect. He said that going through the door at Neoīs left (to save Trinity) he woud go back to the Matrix and the whole human king would be condemned. What is the relation between going back to the Matrix and saving Trintiy and the extintion of human kind?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 07:40 PM
apple is currently offline Click here to Send apple a Private Message Find more posts by apple Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Becuase, as the Architect explained, if Neo does not return to the Source and help fix the Matrix it will crash and all the humans in it will die. And so when Zion falls the whole human race will be extinct.

He did not do this, he went to help Trinity instead.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 07:44 PM
apple

Thanks, Ushgarak.
Ok, if Neo doesnīt go back to the source, the Matrix will crash and all the crops will be lost. But why the fall of Zion means the extinction of human race? I dontīsee the relation.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 09:01 PM
apple is currently offline Click here to Send apple a Private Message Find more posts by apple Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

SOMEONE SAID IN OTHER THREAD THAT IN ETM GAME NEO TOUCHED THE SOURCE AND HES MIND GOT SEPARETLY FROM HIS BODY AND NOW HES TRAP BETWEEN THE MATRIX AND THE REALWORL (or something like that)??

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 12:31 AM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
apple

How is that possible? He has his real body and his real mind in the real world. How can the Matrix catch his mind and separate it from the body? I hope that doesnt happen because will turn the trilogy into a really ordinary thing.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 12:37 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It HAS happened, that is the official plot. You may note he is in a coma at the end, Apple, which seems to round out the 'seperated mind' thing.
And the Matrix always COULD seperate mind from body. You did it every time you went in.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 01:04 PM