KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » THE END of the movie

THE END of the movie
Started by: apple

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Karma Toreall
Darth Karma

No, i know that, but i dont know any more. I justed totaly blanked out.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 04:27 AM
Karma Toreall is currently offline Click here to Send Karma Toreall a Private Message Find more posts by Karma Toreall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Happens to me all the time. Just go with the proberbial flow.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 04:38 AM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

Nobody answered my question about the "Electron Theory of the Universe." smile It is appropos to this THE END thread.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 03:11 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

Maybe Bane is Smith in the real world

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 03:18 PM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

They are not.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 03:20 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

Maybe Bane was awake and he was Smith programs in M1. And when Neo destroyed him. He was freed in the matrix and in the real world. then they woke him in the real world and doesnt know he was Smith in M

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 03:20 PM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

There is the question of whether or not it is actually "the real world". That is why I asked the question about the Electron Theory of the Universe... the world within a world within a world. Or in the case of MATRIX... the world within a dream within a dream within a dream... How far up the chain is the actual real world. Smith is crossing dimensions within the Matrix.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 03:24 PM
BEST TRINITY

OK explain ur theory clearly

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 03:25 PM
maul's woman

The electron theory means that within our universe there are galaxies, quasars, stars, planets and moons and life throughout. But also within the matter that makes up our universe on the subatomic level there is electrons, neutrons, protons, etc. Within those particles of matter are there are also universes. Within the electron and much too small for us to see there are galaxies, quasars, stars, planets, moons, and life through out and within them there are electrons, neutrons, protons, etc. etc. etc. Where within THEM are even tinier universes etc. etc. getting smaller and smaller reaching into infinity.

The reverse is true. That our universe is nothing more than a closed system within an subatomic particle like an electron that is part of an even larger universe we can NEVER see.

Mindboggling.

But I proposed the same for the Matrix in the sense that it has created a world within a world within a world, within a dream for the humans to keep them forever subjugated to the mainframe and the big machine.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 03:34 PM
maul's woman

BTW... it is not my theory. I heard it many years ago and it stayed with me. big grin

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 03:35 PM
maul's woman

There is always a case of a very unexpected "left field" surprise ending. Rehashing the idea of another poster said about Neo making his "choice" by exiting the Architect's chamber by the left door. big grin

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 01:00 PM
mac11586
Fallen Jedi

I don't see the need for the matrix within a matrix theory. I take the movie for fact. Smith copied himself onto bane before he jacked out. There is nothing wrong with that rebels download programs into their brains all the time. It doesen't meen their in another matrix.

From what we have seen in the MOVIE it would seem neo has some power outside of the matrix. Although i personally believe that in the next movie we will find out that it was some type of coincidence. For now we have to take the movie for fact.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 01:22 PM
mac11586 is currently offline Click here to Send mac11586 a Private Message Find more posts by mac11586 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

His causing the EMP flash and the feel of something being changed may be an indication of the dream within a dream theory. For a human being to generate a EMP discharge of that magnitude would indeed be awesome. But he displayed no other powers. Even if it wasn't an EMP discharge from him, that he had "stopped" the sentinels by suspending their movements would be an awesome psychometric power. The same for Bane with Smith within him. In the real world Bane is flesh and bone... not electronic programming. With Smith joined with him would also indicate that they are still in the "dream" and not in the real world.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 01:56 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, not at all. Bane's MIND was in the Matrix. But it was not HIS mind that was brought back to Bane's body, it was Smith's. Simple, no need for the world to be unreal.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 05:54 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

Smith's "mind" is really a program. A program cannot control a biological organism in the real world completely separated and unhooked from its "source". So Zion is actually another level of the "rabbit hole".

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 05:58 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Crap. The Matrix is built on the idea of minds seperated from bodies. It is how the Matrix works. Based on that principle, if the mind whilst seperated is replaced by another, it is the replaced mind that will return to the body at the end.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 06:07 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mac11586
Fallen Jedi

I agree,

And if you look at it this way it makes even more since.

1. When the rebels jack in the upload their conc. into the matrix. Realisticly it is their core program if you will. Now if smith were to overide that program with a new one then he would just download himself into the real bane. Like if i save over a document with a new title, i can still put it on the same disc.

2. The rebels do this type of thing through both movies. When they learn something they load the information into their brains directly. When they get the drop from the osiris, they downloaded it from the matrix on to a disk.

So if you think of the brain as a giant drive. Then in theory you could download/upload anything you want from or to the matrix.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 06:17 PM
mac11586 is currently offline Click here to Send mac11586 a Private Message Find more posts by mac11586 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

The "mind" in a biological entity is a biological mind. Not a computer software. Once it is separated from the body, the body deteriorates and finally dies. A computer software cannot possess a living biological system. That is why I say that if Smith possessed Bane then Bane was not in the "real world" but still jacked into the matrix system along with all the other "free" humans. The dreamstate within the dreamstate.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 06:46 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

NO! The Matrix films clearly make the mind to be something OTHER than a purely biological thing- it is something that can detach and wonder through an artificial world. Else you would not die when you were in it- because if the mind is biological it is not being affected at all.

When in the Matrix you exist as code. That code can be buggered around with, and when it returns to the brain it remains buggered or, in this case, replaced.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 5th, 2003 at 06:55 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 06:51 PM
mac11586
Fallen Jedi

Not true. The matrix was created to take human brain waves and stimulate and manipulate a computer program. I think the matrix was created to be compatible with brain functioning.

And scientist already say that thought is just another electrical process. What the machines found a way to write a program in the same language as our brain uses. Then all you would need is a USB port ie. jack in the back of the head. And you could hook up to the matrix hard drive.

Then like stated earlier download/upload possible.

One matrix

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 06:54 PM