KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » The Omni-King vs IG Thanos

The Omni-King vs IG Thanos
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
Pulling ALL The Strings

The only being in creation who was > Thanos /w/ IG, was LT... Who, even now, is a fully multiversal(or omniversal, depending which comic's verbiage you opt to use) power. That said, it was still implied that LT would have been hard-pressed to defeat the IG outright -- their battle would have laid waste to creation, at the very least. Hell, they almost came off as peers. /shrug

We also saw an incomplete IG(it didn't even have the reality gem, ffs) casually manipulate the energies of the UN to its whim -- and those energies have been used on a multiversal scale. Same incomplete IG was >> 5 CCUs, and capable of merging/amalgamating entire universes. Etc.

Again, I simply believe the IG has a greater overall depth of power.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 20th, 2016 at 08:27 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 08:19 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Yep. At best, Zeno is Franklin Richards level, who is as far beneath the IG as we are above an ameoba.

In other words, Superman wins! wink

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 08:35 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Pretty sure Trunks and Whis both mention the former's, "world" being erased, which most likely refers to the Future timeline. After all, when Whis talked about how Zeno can erase the entire "world" instantly, he was referring to the entire multiverse.

It was also confirmed by herms98 on twitter that Trunks' whole timeline was deleted.

I personally find that to be one hell of a stretch. That whenever world is mentioned in regards to Zeno it means the entire Dragonball Multiverse. I could accept it being related to maybe the universe, still stretchy when we actually see there is something remaining after Zeno decide to use his powers.

Who is this Herms98?

Fair enough, though I was more referring to portrayal than literally being the same. For example: in one source, Galactus' fight with Scrier/Other was threatening the stability of the multiverse, in another, he's getting oneshotted by the merged celestial, slugging it out with Odin, doing battle with Mephisto in his realm, etc. The same Galactus, literally speaking, but inconsistent portrayals relative to the former. Same goes for the UN.

Zeno's energies are nothing like the UN, yeah. Not even sure if it was ki either. I tend to just refer to it as Zeno's divine light wiping clean the canvas of existence. smile

I find it important to note that Beerus, who's less than an atom compared to Zeno, can casually nullify universe-busting energy.

I'll just like to point out the the Mad Celestials have been confirmed as being equal in powerlevel to the 616 Celestials, so them merging and oneshotting Galactus I don't find farfetched, as for the scope. That varies on writer and what he wants to portray. But while Galactus might be portrayed in various situations, high and low, the Classic IG and the UN doesn't have, as far as I recall a single instance of a low showing. The UN isn't shown as being inconsistent though, the object, characters or whatever it targets gets nullified, erased from existance. All that seems to matter to the UN is the scope. Nullify a planet doesn't seem different then wiping out a universe where the UN is concerned.

I just called it as in the anime, some sort of erasing effect.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 08:59 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Omnipotent

I'll respond when I can get on my chrome book. Glad you're here to spark some legitimate discussion. smile

"I was lying! See? There's an Omniverse in the box. And that Omniverse died. But alot of the lives in it carried onto the new one. New broom--same handle."

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 10:51 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Galan007
The only being in creation who was > Thanos /w/ IG, was LT... Who, even now, is a fully multiversal(or omniversal, depending which comic's verbiage you opt to use) power. That said, it was still implied that LT would have been hard-pressed to defeat the IG outright -- their battle would have laid waste to creation, at the very least. Hell, they almost came off as peers. /shrug

We also saw an incomplete IG(it didn't even have the reality gem, ffs) casually manipulate the energies of the UN to its whim -- and those energies have been used on a multiversal scale. Same incomplete IG was >> 5 CCUs, and capable of merging/amalgamating entire universes. Etc.

Again, I simply believe the IG has a greater overall depth of power.

But yet the same beings that you marked as planetary in durability killed LT. Zeno stomps.

On ignore list: Darksaint

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 11:11 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

I'll respond when I can get on my chrome book. Glad you're here to spark some legitimate discussion. smile

He's a fine addition to Block1thanos, Thebadguy, Galan007, and of course, our most reasonable poster: cdtm.

But don't sell Carver short. What's the point of being right all the time, if there's not someone wrong to play against? wink

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 11:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Pulling ALL The Strings

Originally posted by carver9
But yet the same beings that you marked as planetary in durability killed LT. Zeno stomps.
Lmao. The Beyonders being laughably inconsistent doesn't change the level of power that LT was explicitly stated to have possessed in that scene:
(please log in to view the image)

...But that's neither here nor there, and I was just trying to be a little more fair to Zeno.

Back when LT confronted the classic IG, he existed in, and acted as the judge of, ALL multiverseS simultaneously:

This is important because there were INFINITE multiverseS(within the all-encompassing Omniverse) back then:

*And each multiverse contains INFINITE universeS.

That said, not even LT was sure if he even had enough power to defeat the IG outright. All he knew for certain is that a battle between them would destroy reality:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

...Which in turn means the classic IG was ~ to an omniversal power. smile

Listen, I don't mind the opinion that Zeno wins -- I just want to know how. I have provided quite a bit of on-panel evidence to support my stance that the IG is superior(and can provide even more if need be.) Now it's your turn. smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 21st, 2016 at 12:20 AM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 12:10 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

They pretty much played all their cards.

Zeno either:

1. Destroyed Trunks universe.

2. Destroyed all 12 universe's within Trunk's timeline.

It wasn't especially clear which, but I lean towards one universe, as Zeno to date only destroyed 2 universes. Not all of creation.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 12:31 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Omnipotent

^nah, there's also the 6 universes he destroyed by getting slightly PO'd.

Don't worry, good sir, I will respond tonight. smile

"I was lying! See? There's an Omniverse in the box. And that Omniverse died. But alot of the lives in it carried onto the new one. New broom--same handle."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 12:35 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Pulling ALL The Strings

Unless there are still feats out there which haven't been mentioned, I'm not really sure how a legit argument can be made for Zeno..? confused

As mentioned above: by all implications the classic IG was ~ LT, who was an omniversal power at the time:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

The IG was even stated to be FAR superior to 30 CCUs
http://i.imgur.com/X3jkfdq.jpg
*Mind you, ONE CCU has preformed multi-universal feats in the past.

Even an INcomplete IG was still >> 5 CCUs on panel, capable of casually manipulating the multiversal energies of the UN to its whim, merging entire universes/timelines with a snap, etc.

Moreover, an inadvertent/casual release of energy from Thanos /w/ IG (dubbed "the actuality ripple") spread across the entire Marvel continuum, until it eventually transcended creation all together, and reached the Beyond Realm:
http://i.imgur.com/YRYEfqy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lWC0oyh.jpg

And just so everyone is aware, the Beyond Realm resides entirely outside the prime multiverse/omniverse:
http://i.imgur.com/fAtNgGg.jpg
*That's how we can be sure the actuality ripple transcended the whole of creation.

Heck, even the heavily watered-down, Hickman-era IGs are still capable of effortlessly destroying universes:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

And effortlessly creating them ex nihilo:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Aside from the scope/scale of its power, the IG also allowed for absolute mastery over every facet of creation -- that's why its wielders were repeatedly referred to as "God" and such:
*One example of many.

Like I keep saying: the IG's depth of power just seems to be far superior. Zeno's ability to destroy a few-dozen universes doesn't mean a whole lot by comparison. But again, that is just my opinion. I am totally open for a cohesive argument for Zeno, though.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 21st, 2016 at 03:08 AM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 02:54 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Omnipotent

Before I respond to everything on this page: was Marvel an Omniverse containing infinite multiverses when PR Beyonder was around? If so, he's a lot more powerful than I thought...

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 03:08 AM
Galan007
Pulling ALL The Strings

The word/term was occasionally thrown around back then, but it certainly wasn't well-defined until years later.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 03:10 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Omnipotent

Fair enough.

I realize I'm fighting an uphill battle here, but I'll muster up something of substance in Zeno's defense. smile

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 03:14 AM
SSJGGogeta

Wasn't the infinity gauntlet useless outside of the Marvel "Omniverse"? As stated by Darkseid in the crossover? Or was that not canon?

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 08:25 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Pulling ALL The Strings

^ That crossover is non-canon.

Though I'm not sure why it matters..? I'm pretty sure the intent is to have a fully functional Gauntlet here, no matter where the battle takes place.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 02:50 PM
cdtm
@#$%

Though I'm not sure why it matters..? I'm pretty sure the intent is to have a fully functional Gauntlet here, no matter where the battle takes place.

Fantastic Four kind of canonized the concept, assuming alternate universe IG's work the same way.

But yeah, defeats the purpose of the thread. It's like arguing Flash can't access the speed force.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 03:08 PM
SSJGGogeta

My point is that the IG is clearly not multiversal, or omniversal, if it only operates in one universe.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2016 07:00 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

However, it's not really fair for me to make any argument here. I personally don't really know much about the IG war arc in Marvel, so I don't want to come off as biased here.

Anyway, from what you're posting Galan, I would definitely give the fight to Thanos at this point. The Omni-King is definitely coming up though. He's already at multiversal level, and that's casual for him. We'll just have to wait and see how powerful he truly is, if he even has any limits.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2016 07:07 AM
carver9

Doom recently beat an IG user with ease and this is when it was in possession of one of the most smartest beings in MU. Giving this to Zeno.

On ignore list: Darksaint

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2016 04:43 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Zeno isn't Doom. Doom is far, far more powerful than universe/multiverse buster level.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2016 05:17 PM